• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: Twilight Sparke (MLP) vs Kakyoin (Jojo) (Finale)

Oh, and sinse It was confirmed their mind continues "on" while transmuted(sinse they can be putted a sleep), voting kakyoin
That is not what this means.
That's only for the Stone Sleep spell, which is not what she will use.
The Stone Sleep spell was specifically designed to imprison people forever, not kill them.

Her normal transmutation spell doesn't have those kinds of stipulations. Also, proof that he can even use a stand while sleeping if she did?

Death 13 is a stand that trap you in your sleep, lakyoin was able to use His to fight sinse he had summoned HG before falling a sleep

Idk why we keep thinking that Stands are invulnerable to non stand attacks, they’re clearly not. Ebony Devil was able to attack Silver Chariot with a regular razor, Joseph was able to immobilize the Empress with regular Coal Tar, Dio was capable of interacting with and deflecting the Emerald Splash without The World. As long as a Stand is fully materialized it would be capable of being interacted with by a regular person. So if HG attacks her Twilight would be able to attack back and damage HG.

Ebony Devil was able to attack Silver Chariot with a regular razor, Joseph was able to immobilize the Empress with regular Coal Tar, Dio was capable of interacting with and deflecting the Emerald Splash without The World. As long as a Stand is fully materialized it would be capable of being interacted with by a regular person
1- Ebony Devil manifest stand energy possesing things, so stand energy aply on wepons he uses
Empress is a corporeal stand, just can't be heard by Nome stande users
Stand user them selfs can interact with stands non problem

Death 13 is a stand that trap you in your sleep, lakyoin was able to use His to fight sinse he had summoned HG before falling a sleep
Okay. I can accept this, doesn't change the fact that her normal transmutation doesn't just put people to sleep.

I don't particularly care too much for who wins, but there are a couple things I don't agree with.

Non Physical interaction says hi. It's not on her tab, but it is officially accepted for all the magic users. I just really don't want to go through the profiles.
Oh, and sinse It was confirmed their mind continues "on" while transmuted(sinse they can be putted a sleep), voting kakyoin
They're "Put to sleep" in the sense that their brain (Along with the rest of the body) is transformed into stone rendering it unable to work, on account of; ya know, being stone. Sleep isn't literal.

Last edited:
Ebony Devil was able to attack Silver Chariot with a regular razor,
False actually, never did in the manga, it actually manifested its true stand form (the weird tribal bug thing) and stabbed it with a sword. And even then. ED actually COULD do that shit because it can infuse Stand energy into objects of all kinds to grant it NPI.

Joseph was able to immobilize the Empress with regular Coal Tar,
Hilariously out of context and disingenuous, Empress is a bound stand which are defined by their nature of being bound to corporal objects and thus physical and can be seen, it being bound to Joseph's flesh, everyone can see and touch that Stand in particular due to its very nature, it's half its power.

Dio was capable of interacting with and deflecting the Emerald Splash without The World.

Dio is unironically built different.

As long as a Stand is fully materialized it would be capable of being interacted with by a regular person

How to tell me you don't know what you're talking about without saying it directly.

Last edited:
Also it's flatout stated that if you have your Stand manifested, if you sleep you can actually keep it manifested as long as you don't put it away before going to sleep.
It's stated that anyone can do this in theory, they just never think to or don't, Kak in one example actually did do this, he had HG out when he was ko'd, and HG stayed manifested and phased underground, this allowed Kak to defeat Death 13 as you can bring whatever you had in the waking world into the dream with you and as HG was out in the waking world while Kak was asleep, he could bring it with him to choke out Death 13 within the dream.

While the stands are invisible, Twilight has extrasensory perception, allowing her to detect magic which also doubles as a person's life force in MLP. If I understand stands correctly, they are a person's life force made manifest. I think she should be able to sense it and get a bead on where to attack it and dodge even if she can't see outright.

While the stands are invisible, Twilight has extrasensory perception, allowing her to detect magic which also doubles as a person's life force in MLP. If I understand stands correctly, they are a person's life force made manifest. I think she should be able to sense it and get a bead on where to attack it and dodge even if she can't see outright.
Perhaps, but also probably not, Stands on that layered shit, you need layered NPI to touch, you need layered ESP to see and I can't place a single time anyone in JoJo could sense a Stand's presence who wasn't already a Stand user, including those who can interact with spiritual things like Mikitaka or literal ghosts bar the alley hands which aren't even ghosts but an unstoppable force of the world or something according to guides.
And they aren't life force (or well, they aren't past like the first 15% of Part 3 as it's retconned and fleshed out shortly after, Stands originally were meant to be a sort of spirit Hamon, but that was quickly tossed for more soulish roots), they're more akin to a manifestation of a soul or the soul given form, life force energy would be closer to Hamon within the context of JoJo or like the shit something like Cheap Trick drains (and given Cheap Trick is a Stand..., well I doubt it was draining itself), and the only Stand that is connected to Hamon in particular, is Hermit Purple which is an evolution of that and a Stand one manifests after mastering Hamon.

and I can't place a single time anyone in JoJo could sense a Stand's presence who wasn't already a Stand user,
I don't watch Jojo, so I don't see why this makes it layered. They can see stands but not sense their presence. Presence sensing isn't the same thing as being able to outright see something invisible. In fact, wouldn't this actually disprove EP since they actively can't sense the presence of other stands?

Summary​

Extrasensory Perception, also known as sensing, detection, or a sixth sense, is the ability to detect energy signatures, matter signatures, or the like near the user.

If anything, it would fall under Enhanced Senses, under Enhanced Vision, under Soul Vision, wouldn't it?
And they aren't life force
I was going off the description on his profile where it talked about being the manifestation of vital energy, which screamed "Lifeforce". In either case, as long as the stand itself has life force, it should still be detectable.
Stands on that layered shit, you need layered NPI to touch
Why is NPI layered?

I don't watch Jojo, so I don't see why this makes it layered. They can see stands but not sense their presence. Presence sensing isn't the same thing as being able to outright see something invisible. In fact, wouldn't this actually disprove EP since they actively can't sense the presence of other stands?
Because not even those that can effect souls, see ghosts and have ESP and can interact with the noncorporal supernatural can perceive or touch Stands? This shit is on the pages lad, that's why you read them, there should even be a Stand physiology page (though it's extremely basic atm, the updated version is in a sandbox but it's not up to par yet, but the basic info you can find on there at least still).
That's why it's layered, having NPI, ESP, etc isn't enough, you need that shit +1, able to see and all that what those who have it can't.

If anything, it would fall under enhanced senses, under Soul Vision, wouldn't it?

It would, if Stands weren't invisible to those who can see purgatory, ghosts and so on (and yes, they explicitly can't be seen by normal dudes, it isn't a verse where ghosts can be seen by everyone).

I was going off the description on his profile where it talked about being the manifestation of vital energy, which screamed "Lifeforce". In either case, as long as the stand itself has life force, it should still be detectable.
Yeah and it's wrong, they've been slowly being phased out for more accurate descriptions, it's just a slow process given there's like 80 profiles or something but it's being worked on, a handful like Josuke have already been fixed.

And never shown or stated, there might be evidence to suggest that Stand's don't really have what is life energy under JoJo's context as Stands like GE, even have abilities to manipulate life force, an ability doesn't have the same effect on Stands as it does on actual living things, and he can even sense life energy as well, same with someone like Abdul who actually goes as far to say his ability to sense things can sense life force, heat signatures and Stand energy denoting that Stand energy =/= Life Energy and they aren't the same, and Stands most certainly aren't Hamon bar literally one, thinking on it every time life force is actually brought up in JoJo, it's completely different than what a Stand is or comprised of, which is a spiritual energy and there has been lines stating Stands aren't even alive or living things so there is that, although idk why I'm thinking so hard on this, Stand's are Stand energy, they kinda say that dozens of times, I guess the fact that there's a clear disconnect between life force, psionic energy, demon shit, yokai's and more and what a Stand is just furthers they there own little thing.

This shit is on the pages lad, that's why you read them.
There's a decent amount of profiles to go through. I don't know which ones have non-stand users who have ESP and NPI.
And never shown or stated
Fair enough taken into account everything else you say after this. How would being turned into an object (Like a statue) affect the stand? Limited knowledge tells me if stands get hurt, it affects their user, so would I be safe in assuming the reverse? Again, having never read much of the series, I don't know how a stand was affected when/, if it's user, got turned into a non-living object.

If all else fails, I'm kinda seeing a stalemate here. Twilight transmutes but can't beat the stand itself, but the stand can't undo the transformation if it beats her, leaving Kakyoin technically dead on account of being an object.

Fair enough taken into account everything else you say after this. How would being turned into an object (Like a statue) affect the stand?

Case by case. There has been times a User gets transmutated or effected by an ability, effected by a hax, and so on, but the Stand is like aight cool and won't give a shit. And other times it effects both.

Limited knowledge tells me if stands get hurt, it affects their user, so would I be safe in assuming the reverse?

No, but yes, literally case by case, sometime it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It was a feature early on (like up to volume 3), but after that it's been more like "depends on the stand and what the ability/damage is".

Again, having never read much of the series, I don't know how a stand was affected when/, if it's user, got turned into a non-living object.

It might just depend on the Stand or if it counts as "Death", opposed to "incap".

Like if you transmuted Jotaro for example into something, but Plat was manifested, and said transmutation wasn't death, he very well could still punch you in the dick still.

And important thing to remember is that "Stand Rules", in function, are more like "Stand suggestion's but only if you feel like it".

In regards to Kak or Stands he should be analog toward, I honestly can't say, there's examples of Stands being uneffected and effected, hard to say if it's a weakness on the abilities or a power of the abilities having dual NPI.

Alright, then what about the stalemate option? Twilight kills/transmutes, gets beaten by the stand, and the stand wins but not Kakyoin? Is that an incon or a JJBA win still?

idk I didn't read the thread, nor am I arguing, I'm moreso just correcting info.

Don't her transmutstion get's reversed after she is defeated?
I can't think of a single instance where magic effects were undone just because the user got defeated. Discord? The Elements had to send out a wave of energy to undo what he did. Returning everyone's magic? Had to be done manually. Defeating Tirek didn't make everything come back. King Sombra? Yet another wave of energy directly from the Elements of Harmony that did it. Defeating him didn't do anything.

Magical effects are pretty consistently not dependent on the person casting them being alive/conscious/not incapacitated to stay active.

Last edited:
Here's a question, would she lead with a potentially fatal magic against an unassuming opponent like Kak who for all intents and purposes, is just a 10-A/9-C kid.

Here's a question, would she lead with a potentially fatal magic against an unassuming opponent like Kak who for all intents and purposes, is just a 10-A/9-C kid.
Idk, this is a versus battle, so she'll obviously be trying to win, meaning she can't just sit there and do nothing. If anything, this makes transfiguration more likely as a first attack since it's less lethal. Sure, it's "technically" death, but it can be reversed with a counterspell. A hole being blasted in you? Not so much.

Yeah but it's still in character, how does she usually try to incap? Or does she actually go for killing blows or various other things when in a fight of any kind? For example like Kak isn't gonna use HG to possess civs and take hostages in a match to force a foe into submission at the cost of innocents even though he CAN do that and actually DID do that when he was being influenced by Dio's mind control. Or for another example, Batman, even in a vs match, even though he could kill you a billions ways and it'd be so simple to do that, he even has death hax, he won't use it even if not doing it is ten times harder to win.

Idk about killing blows since the opponents typically are too strong to be killed. If she thinks he's problematic her MO will likely be to turn him into a rodent. Either that or seal him in crystal, though the latter ability wasn't shown until much later. Basically either a KO through brute force or transfiguration.

She also isn't likely to hold back on him anyways. She's never encountered humans until after she became an alicorn, and if we're using her Unicorn form, she wouldn't know his capabilities, meaning she's less inclined to hold back.

Last edited:
Back