• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: Kakyoin (Jojo) vs Lord Boros (OPM) (Quarter Finals)

Quarter-Final-4:
(Match 13)
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
(Anime) vs (manga) match! Who will go the semi finals ! The final Quarter final match !

Results:
Noriaki Kakyoin (JoJo): 8 (Ace, DD, Olegator, Lemon, Stekfence, Nierre, Baken)
Lord Boros last key (OPM)
Inconclusive:
gB9pUgs.png

Last edited:
Here's my input...

Boros obviously outclasses Kakyoin in h2h combat and range, however, given that they start 4 km apart (By virtue of SBA), this could give Kakyoin plenty of time to set up traps by laying Hierophant Green's tendrils around the area which will spam Emerald Splash every time Boros makes contact with them. Boros won't be able to detect this even with his extrasensory perception because stands have 2 layered intangibility and incorporeality, being above supernatural beings like spirits and ghosts.

However given Boros' regen, I doubt spamming emerald splash over and over will be enough to take him down, however, considering Boros gets drastically weaker the longer he uses meteoric burst, as just throwing two hits was enough to leave him gasping for air. Kakyoin could wear him down until he becomes too tired to regenerate. but in a worst-case scenario, Kakyoin can use Hierophant to enter Boros' body and control him. So I do see Kakyoin winning most of the time. The only way Boros could possibly win is if he immediately used CSRC, but he doesn't start with it in character, Considering they have the same level of power as well as Boros' love of fighting, I highly doubt he would turn down a battle against someone he can sense is equal to him.

So my vote's on Kakyoin

Kakyoin can't do much against borus regen, the only thing he can do is body puppetry him

So the question os, can Borus kill kakyoin before he notices that he need to use this hability? (Like against death 13)

Considering Kakyoin is quite strategic character and at worst if he can't do something about Boros' regen he can retreat and prepare to do some of his shenanigans. So overall I can probably see Kakyoin being able to do so.

Previous examples are for instance is fight against Stand Bug in the plane or even against DIO, in both examples Kakyoin used at first emerald splash but at same time with consideration that it didn't worked used another one of his moves.

So I think Kakyoin should probably take it.

Considering Kakyoin is quite strategic character and at worst if he can't do something about Boros' regen he can retreat and prepare to do some of his shenanigans. So overall I can probably see Kakyoin being able to do so.

Previous examples are for instance is fight against Stand Bug in the plane or even against DIO, in both examples Kakyoin used at first emerald splash but at same time with consideration that it didn't worked used another one of his moves.

So I think Kakyoin should probably take it.
Another thing I did mention earlier is that considering Boros is in his last key (Meteoric Burst), his stamina will drastically decrease as the fight goes on, and considering his regen is entirely dependent on how much energy he has, it's possible for Kakyoin to wear down his healing factor by constantly spamming emerald splash to the point Boros would become too exhausted to regenerate. which would lead to him being ultimately overpowered

Alright Grace, Also check out the remaining 3 quarter final matches I have posted in the tournament thread.

"Attack Potency, Speed and Durability will be equal."
Under these rules they're both just fanfiction characters lol.
Boros completely ******* stomps via range.
"muh traps"
Why the **** would he need to get in range for that to matter at all? Unless Kekiyon is 1 shotting him instantly with the first trap that he walks into within the first few seconds of the match, he's already lost.

Why the **** would he need to get in range for that to matter at all? Unless Kekiyon is 1 shotting him instantly with the first trap that he walks into within the first few seconds of the match, he's already lost.
Borus get's ******* tired + can't harm stands + Kkayoin is smart enough + no one is one shooting the other + borus can't see stands + ratio + L + bozo

Why would he need to harm stands?
What does kakyoin being smart have to do with anything?
What does boros seeing stands have to do with anything?
He shoots kakyoin out of range repeatedly in wins. Even if you buff kakyoin in literally every stat (lmao) except range, he has no answer for this. Unless you're saying you're also equalizing the strength of his traps? So you're giving kakyoin 4 buffs at once to say he 'totally beats boros'?
If so sorry for even posting int his topic lol, what a tourney

Hell even if you do say that, traps take time to make.

First act: he makes traps
Boros already moved, outranges, wins

First act: he throws pebbles
The pebbles are slow as ****, boros dodges, throws faster projectiles

Or are we ALSO equalize pebble speed? So now its 5 buffs.

Last edited:
Heirophant green can body block literally anything that doesn’t have enhanced npI. The range difference isnt Useful to Boros unless he like, nukes the continent.
He shoots kakyoin out of range repeatedly in wins. Even if you buff kakyoin in literally every stat (lmao) except range, he has no answer for this. Unless you're saying you're also equalizing the strength of his traps? So you're giving kakyoin 4 buffs at once to say he 'totally beats boros'?
If so sorry for even posting int his topic lol, what a tourney

Hell even if you do say that, traps take time to make.

First act: he makes traps
Boros already moved, outranges, wins

First act: he throws pebbles
The pebbles are slow as ****, boros dodges, throws faster projectiles

Or are we ALSO equalize pebble speed? So now its 5 buffs.

Everything is equal here. They all might as well be mhs with wall level stats. So boros could react to kaks projectiles, if he could have seen them, and kak can react to boros stuff.

How about stands being used for defense? kakyoin can literraly negate all borus atacks by just putting HG in front of him self
Kakyoin can atack without borus even knowing from were the atack is coming and defend without borus knowing how he is doing It
Literraly thinking (wow, this guy spams a lot of ataacks, but he is getting tired as ****, I will just defend untill he fall in the floor or something, lol"

and finaly, kakoyin isn't being one shooted and every single one of borus atacks will make him rapidly tired

If stats are equal HG is nowhere near durable enough to negate boros attacks. He'd be multi-cont dura getting hit by the same level of attack. He'd be commiting suicide, and effectively making kakyoin commit suicide. Wow. Amazing plan. Imagine the look on boros face when he misses entirely yet wins in 1 hit.

If stats are equal HG is nowhere near durable enough to negate boros attacks. He'd be multi-cont dura getting hit by the same level of attack. He'd be commiting suicide, and effectively making kakyoin commit suicide. Wow. Amazing plan. Imagine the look on boros face when he misses entirely yet wins in 1 hit.
only stands can damage stands

and why tf would he one shot here?

If stands can be hit by non-stand users, but can't be harmed, so they entirely negate everything, and kakyoin is guaranteed to always be able to keep up with and harm his enemy (while being invincible himself, by all rights), why the **** is he in this tourney?
Like its equal stats (except stands they get infinite durability)

If stands can be hit by non-stand users, but can't be harmed, so they entirely negate everything, and kakyoin is guaranteed to always be able to keep up with and harm his enemy (while being invincible himself, by all rights), why the **** is he in this tourney?
If you have non phisical interaction you are fine with damaging him and you still can damage kakyoin, but you will need to notice that he has a inviible force field and think in a way to atack him without him blocking, so stop being salt

I will keep being 'salt' when I see a fight that's this much of a ridiculous stomp because of layered special rules that only really apply to 1 side.

Yes if he was smart enough to see the thing you said is invisible that's scaling to his speed that gets to have infinite durability in a stat equal match because ??? then he could kill the guy scaling to his own strength and speed and dura who apparently also gets tired slower going off posts so far even though they're stat equal.

bro this is the equal stats tournament chill
If its stat equal characters who are fair for stat equal should be picked.
Not a guy with an invisible infinite hp sentient shield with infinite stamina.

the only reason why hg has this "infintie durability" because stands are wacky as ****. It has equal durability to Boros no shit but Boros has no way to interact with it so thats why it seems like its infinite

If stats are 'whacky as ****' in a way that makes them 100% stomp anyone with equal stats who don't have very specific hax to deal with them, they shouldn't be in this tourney.

I mean its already quarters finals so no point. Just gotta hope I see v3 earlier and it doesn't let characters who effectively completely bypass 'equal stats' into it.
Like it could be an interesting tourney if it wasn't for shit like letting jojo characters in.

There like a Lot of ways to deal with a stand that were mentioned, Botus is just not one that can deal with It easy, there is litteraly a carácter in this tournament that can bassicaly win anything if she wants thanks to prediction that It makes her body act in just a way that she will ein any fight

Tbh, just have really big aoe. Cant bros just do that? A stand is only around the size of kakyoin, so it can’t cover all sides at once’s.

Tbh, just have really big aoe. Cant bros just do that? A stand is only around the size of kakyoin, so it can’t cover all sides at once’s.
Most of borus atacks seen to be a single big bean that cover a big area, but in the fight against saitama the space behind him kinda was empty thanks to Saitama que standing still

Contessa? Like titan or basic? Basic Contessa has next to no range. Her power just tells her how to do what she needs to win and lets her autotmate it, she can't "act in a way that lets her win any fight". If its not possible in any path for her to win, she's just not able to win. Ie v kakyoin he has infinite samina thanks to his stand, she does not. He runs, she gets tired. She loses. There's nothing she can do about this in any path unless maybe using some obscure gear thanks to the questionable decision to just give her all gear in the entire verse on her profile.
It'd just be another fight he wins because he's effectively not stat equal.
If its titan she just beats almost everyone because of absolutely absurd hax.

Boros can easily cover more range than kakyoins entire trap he used on dio. But kak is speed equal so he just dodges. Its not fast.

Back