• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: Makino (Max Steel) vs Contessa (Parahumans) (Quarter Finals)

he is possessing Max
No I mean he looks like he's being possessed, that's what I'm talking about
In fact, Makino doesn't need Contessa to be alive to steal all of her information, considering Ultralinks take memories from things like Toxzon's plastic fish.
What, how! What memories is in a plastic fish? And has he demonstrated that ability on a corpse?
Who is possessing max? Scion? He's not in this fight.
I'm very confused.
No I explained that it is in Makino's best interest to try and possess Scion
and Linking is not just mind control, it is also Body Puppetry that works independently.
Yeah and her power would be doing the same to her. So it's just 2 entities wrestling for control

She wins because she calls for help from a third party doesn't really seem like how vsbattles works unless said party is a result of their power somehow or its a team match.
If I read this correctly, didn't Cauldron have blueprints for interdimensional portals? Seeing as to how Contessa is a pretty high ranking member there, she can replicate it, right?

Oh I didn't even notice max has drop downs at the top for possessions.
If maxkino's only lose con is to try to possess a completely irrelevant third party then he just wins lol.
Contessa's a fairly baseline human who can automate doing things right, this guy can fly, possess people (maybe she resits this if its mental), manipulate machines (so could maybe just jam her guns making the range dif even more absurd than it already is), can grow to give an effective ls advantage, has hundreds of meter range, telekenesis and absorbtion (both not explained at all). Tele won't work because stats equal, but stats equal doesn't really deal with anything else he has going for him.
All I can see happening is every single path she sees is her losing.

If he gets close he probably just posseses her.
If they go far he disables her gear and outranges her.
I don't see how she wins this unless his tech manip doesn't work on old fasioned guns or something.

If I read this correctly, didn't Cauldron have blueprints for interdimensional portals? Seeing as to how Contessa is a pretty high ranking member there, she can replicate it, right?
He has technological manipulation. Does it actually matter what she brings?

He has technological manipulation. Does it actually matter what she brings?
Funnily enough if she does at least do the social influencing thing right, she might actually get him to BFR himself and take an opponent much more powerful than him since he can at least make the portal himself then

No I mean he looks like he's being possessed, that's what I'm talking about
Oh
What, how! What memories is in a plastic fish? And has he demonstrated that ability on a corpse?
each and every one of the data stored within the plastic fish itself such as names and a world destruction plan.

the linking works on corpses yes, the thing is i'm not sure if i could get the memories, but since the brain is not destroyed then it's 50/50
Yeah and her power would be doing the same to her. So it's just 2 entities wrestling for control
that would be impressive if it weren't for the fact that Makino already managed to beat something similar and should scaled to Metallak who can fight against 4 other different personalities in the same body

sigh You know what, **** it. Fine, Makino probably wins this one. Honestly it was between him, planetary Lazer guy, transmutation horse, demon slayer, MILF hunter, and broken video game character. Contessa was never really supposed to get this far

I mean its possible she has social manipulation just further than I am since "Via Social Influencing. A copy of her power was used to convince a superpowered being to give up instantly" I have no idea when this happened or why.
I actually skipped ahead to her interlude to see if she gets a power like this but it turns out she's being effectively half powernulled for near that entire thing lol. So much for that. But her powers as I understand them (parahumans does a goddamn terrible job actually explaining how powers work) is essentially an invisible computer she asks questions, that knows everything and always answers honestly, which gives her a 'path' built out of those answers she can automate. Stuff like
  • Will there be a power I can't beat with my own
  • What do I need to beat it
  • How do I avoid this unwinnable fight
  • What do I say to make them my ally
These questions are how she 'sees' her path. She can ask them way in advance and apparently (when not v people immune to her) does as a routine.
But its actually fallible. She's still just, at best, peak human with some nifty toys. I'd say Contessa is, in combat, worse than Numbers Man. Like if you read part the first interlude, she actually calls him for help. Its her literal first action to call him to calculate a plan and help her before consulting her own power because of how specific she needs to be with it.
Then while running has to constantly ask her power things like
- Are the bad people gone
Its not passive. Following the path (created by asking) is, but making it or adjusting it (by asking) is not. I think she also audibly asks her power but the writing is so goddamn vague (just saying she 'consults her power' with no explanation on how she's doing this) its hard to tell.
But in that part her power is being largely down by one of the top dogs in the verse, and she's (disappointly, but its late parahumans so the fall in quality is expected) acting like a whiny scared child the entire time. She can't use it for half its functions.

She has batman prep as a super power, more or less. So we can assume she asked who she's going to fight today, what his tools are, what tools he will actually bring and use, etc. But word of god is that just covering a large area around her with something dangerous would kill her; her power would just tell her to never be in that area.
She would never actually be in this fight to begin with because her power would tell her she can't win. In the interlude Scion is the reason she gets surprised; he's immune to her power.
Or she'd call someone with better combat applicable skills to kill him for her.

I'm actually confused on why her profile has such a vastly take on her power to my own. Did I miss something? Her profile writes her like she's just perma-automated and always on the right path and always perfect. That's closer to Number Man than her. But her power is so vaguely described I probably did miss something. Maybe she is always on the path, but still asks questions? Because she does have to ask the questions. Constantly.

I'm actually confused on why her profile has such a vastly take on her power to my own. Did I miss something? Her profile writes her like she's just perma-automated and always on the right path and always perfect. That's closer to Number Man than her. But her power is so vaguely described I probably did miss something. Maybe she is always on the path, but still asks questions? Because she does have to ask the questions. Constantly.
Number Man is not always on the right path what. He just sees the math in reality and can act on it. Number Man beats his own clones, who can already outdo precog, and Contessa beats Number Man. Her power effectively calculates and runs simulation based on that info, and it leads her to the right path. She's not even fully constrained by what is possible for a human, considering she has subsonic reactions. And again, she's superior to Number Man, who is superior to his clones. His clones can do such weird shit as negating the damage from an explosion they're next to by moving in a specific way, taking zero damage from a multi story fall, and outperforming precog, and hold back and beat Bitch's dogs, who have a massive LS advantage, because m a t h. There's also the fact she's been able to walk through a whole swarm of bugs and literally be unscathed

Last edited:
Number Man is not always on the right path what. He just sees the math in reality and can act on it. Number Man beats his own clones, who can already outdo precog, and Contessa beats Number Man. Her power effectively calculates and runs simulation based on that info, and it leads her to the right path. She's not even fully constrained by what is possible for a human, considering she has subsonic reactions. And again, she's superior to Number Man, who is superior to his clones. His clones can do such weird shit as negating the damage from an explosion they're next to by moving in a specific way, taking zero damage from a multi story fall, and outperforming precog, and hold back and beat Bitch's dogs, who have a massive LS advantage, because m a t h. There's also the fact she's been able to walk through a whole swarm of bugs and literally be unscathed
"Closer to".
Not sure why you wrote all this without reading "closer to"

Number man is always active, passively, always being at his peak.
Her power is automated when she has a path to follow, is only on the right path when she has a path to follow, meaning if something she didn't ask about happens, she needs to ask questions to fix the path to automate it. Her peak abilities shit on his, but she has to actively build the path to be peak in.
Her profile is written as if she never runs into scenarios she didn't ask about and therefore is always automating perfect success. That's not how her power works.

Back