• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament V2: Makino (Max Steel) vs Contessa (Parahumans) (Quarter Finals)

Oh no, I was hoping I could last longer. But I might as well

How potent is Makino's info analysis? Because physically Contessa doesn't look very impressive. It's just that she can do crazy things with that unimpressive body. Assuming Makino is in-character is like most cartoon villains, he might not even immediately start with trying to TK her.

Contessa on the other hand can see that he's one of those classic superpowered villains and can choose to convince him to go away (Via Social Influencing. A copy of her power was used to convince a superpowered being to give up instantly) or go for the kill instantly (She usually knows where the weak point is via calculation and her power since it always tries to go for the option that is most likely to result in victory)

Last edited:
Makino could not be convinced unless Contessa recreated his army and the Alphalink, he has already dealt with people who tried to influence him and from experience he would know that it is not a good idea to make the case.

besides his weak point is his physical body that even if it destroys it, his ultralink will still be able to absorb something else to return to the battle and he take the battle seriously

Makino could not be convinced unless Contessa recreated his army and the Alphalink, he has already dealt with people who tried to influence him and from experience he would know that it is not a good idea to make the case.
I don't know, she doesn't have to specifically convince him. Also keep in mind that this power has been used to convince the last hope of humanity (Who knows that he is) to not to kill off a world-ending threat. It's way more potent than just regular influencing

Also how difficult was it for his army and the Alphalink to be created? Because Contessa is a prominent member of a global organization with ties to various governments and billionaires so she does have in the capability to provide good support

Lastly keep in mind that the most dangerous thing about manipulation is when you don't realize it's manipulation. Even if Makino is experienced with such things, Path to Victory would most likely prevent Contessa from saying anything that might make him realize it's manipulation

Last edited:
Also how difficult was it for his army and the Alphalink to be created
It was never said, but unless they build a planet-sized machine to eat other planets probably a lot, also in this key makino wants to destroy the earth because of his hatred he has on those who defeated him

the Ultralinks have some xenophobia, considering the human (Others race) to be a weak race, so there is a chance that he will start laughing (I'm not saying that he can't be fooled but that he will most likely find this hilarious)

It was never said, but unless they build a planet-sized machine to eat other planets probably a lot, also in this key makino wants to destroy the earth because of his hatred he has on those who defeated him
That's actually not so hard of a feat for Cauldron. They do have all the connections, they can destroy the earth pretty easily if they weren't bent on protecting it
the Ultralinks have some xenophobia, considering the human (Others race) to be a weak race, so there is a chance that he will start laughing (I'm not saying that he can't be fooled but that he will most likely find this hilarious)
Then why is he possessing a human here? And I'm pretty sure convincing a racist to not be one is in the scope of Contessa's capabilities.

That's actually not so hard of a feat for Cauldron. They do have all the connections, they can destroy the earth pretty easily if they weren't bent on protecting it
Ok
Then why is he possessing a human here? And I'm pretty sure convincing a racist to not be one is in the scope of Contessa's capabilities.
1-because the plot of the wrath of makino is that and because that's how it was programmed.

(Minute 5:30, 17:30 to 21:00)

(Minute 2:35)
the Quote of "Absorb and expand for the glory of makino" is literally

2-Makino was glad that the person who he possessed was the one who defeated him and not one of his other children (who are weak compared to Max), so he believed that now nothing would stop him.

(Minute 0:00 to 1:40)

1-because the plot of the wrath of makino is that and because that's how it was programmed.
Ah cool, I kinda expected that. So he wants to have access very powerful beings on top of wanting to destroy the earth, huh?

Well, Parahumans does have their own all-powerful God who normally protects them and Cauldron (The organization Contessa works for) is exceptionally knowledgeable on the guy since their mission is to take him down if he goes rogue. A change of hosts, especially a non-human who can destroy everything seems like a pretty sweet deal

Although now that I think about it, this does not break the theme of the Tournament/the battles in general?

I don't think this counts as Bfr or K.O....

for some reason Baldur's battle against Scp-682 came to mind

I don't think this counts as Bfr or K.O....
Also keep in mind that Parahumans does have a multiverse with some having their own version of Cauldron. Contessa can simply bring him to the one that isn't her universe and BFR him there and he probably won't be pissed since the Contessa there will likely do the same thing to him

Also keep in mind that Parahumans does have a multiverse with some having their own version of Cauldron. Contessa can simply bring him to the one that isn't her universe and BFR him there and he probably won't be pissed since the Contessa there will likely do the same thing to him
what if makino decides that Contessa is useless to him before he's bfr?

I also think that this is going too much for external help

I also think that this is going too much for external help
Technically the moving part is done by herself. She's not helped at all in fact she just dropped him off to an alternate universe of hers
what if makino decides that Contessa is useless to him before he's bfr?
Path to Victory prevents that by making sure she always makes makes herself seem useful. After all, she is the one who can make the portal

Technically the moving part is done by herself. She's not helped at all in fact she just dropped him off to an alternate universe of hers
Then wouldn't it go into a loop? where the other Contessa does the same?
Path to Victory prevents that by making sure she always makes makes herself seem useful. After all, she is the one who can make the portal
then she is useless😜
Also, why did he want to invade another universe if he hasn't absorbs his original universe yet? Independent of the influence, wouldn't that clash with common sense?

Also, why did he want to invade another universe if he hasn't absorbs his original universe yet? Independent of the influence, wouldn't that clash with common sense?
Well simple, said other universe has a powerful weapon possibly stronger than what the heroes he had faced could muster (Scion was strong enough to take on Yhwach, that says something). He loses a lot to the same heroes, right?
Then wouldn't it go into a loop? where the other Contessa does the same?
Yeah, that's BFR to you

Well simple, said other universe has a powerful weapon possibly stronger than what the heroes he had faced could muster (Scion was strong enough to take on Yhwach, that says something). He loses a lot to the same heroes, right?
Then Makino says that it's okay, kills Contassa and then goes for the Weapon, which is a possibility saying "you are no longer useful to me", there is nothing to stop him from killing her and any attempt to convince him could give him the idea that she is lying to survive.
Yeah, that's BFR to you
except, she can't keep him permanently in an infinite loop to travel

Then Makino says that it's okay, kills Contassa and then goes for the Weapon, which is a possibility saying "you are no longer useful to me", there is nothing to stop him from killing her and any attempt to convince him could give him the idea that she is lying to survive.
A dead man's switch attached to method of travel isn't something too hard to make for her and not complicated enough for him to not understand. Simply, "kill me and you never get what you want"
except, she can't keep him permanently in an infinite loop to travel
Even then, I'm pretty sure he can't travel back or will at least be gone long enough for BFR to set in

and if makino wants a confirmation? or at least a proof that it is not a trap? Imagine having the chance to obtain a super weapon and not using it against him, you don't think makino found her suspicious, After all he is a Genius in invasion and infiltration tactics

nor to anything that prevents him from taking she with him to see if it's true

and if makino wants a confirmation? or at least a proof that it is not a trap? Imagine having the chance to obtain a super weapon and not using it against him, you don't think makino found her suspicious, After all he is a Genius in invasion and infiltration tactics
She can show him files or give him a glimpse of what this god can do
nor to anything that prevents him from taking she with him to see if it's true
A dead man's switch can be activated on incap or at will. That's something

the weirdest wincom i've ever seen.

also how will she make Makino listen to her in the first place? He will be trying to take her down right away and dodging all of her hits will only end badly for her, like AoE energy blast, activate Turbo Annihilation Mode and try to crush her or TK

in this key, it varies but Sba makes him have the objective of killing her.
Well yes, I'm just saying he won't instantly go for the most strongest hax like he would against say, Firestorm. Getting attention at the start of the fight is something she's pretty good at and she does have experience of doing so with the usual arrogant warlords

Well yes, I'm just saying he won't instantly go for the most strongest hax like he would against say, Firestorm. Getting attention at the start of the fight is something she's pretty good at and she does have experience of doing so with the usual arrogant warlords
yes, he does not start with turbo modes/Hax but Makino is willing to do so.

those warlords actively tried to kill her?

I still think makino will just kill her before she can talk to him/just ignore her words
Keep in mind that Path to Victory ensures she says the best things in that situation and due to stat equal and her own precognitive abilities, she should at least be able to dodge his attacks or take them long enough to get something through. Once it does, we get to go on with the scenario we just discussed

What are the conclusions here.
Currently, nothing much has changed. @rawXDglomp recently explained and I quote "Her power just tells her how to do what she needs to win and lets her autotmate it".

So that probably doesn't change the Social Influencing stuff I've been explaining but for now, let's just see

Her social influencing is just wank as far as I've got in parahumans. Yea, she's a good talker, because her power will tell her exactly what to say to get what she wants, 100% of the time, if its possible. But she doesn't have any mind-control, pheremones, super charisma, anything like that. She's just talking. If there's no feasible way for her to convince the enemy to give up, she won't be able to, her power will just tell her she can't do it.
From the vague idea I'm getting of that guys profile he's probably got more resources than she has, so I don't see what she'd offer him to make a path she can take to win via literally talking.

From the vague idea I'm getting of that guys profile he's probably got more resources than she has, so I don't see what she'd offer him to make a path she can take to win via literally talking.
Scion exists and the guy enjoys possessing powerful non-humans. That's the points I've been making for Contessa sending off her opponent to another Parahumans universe

I really think that Makino will try to create an Ultralink first and then use it to possess Contassa in order to get an access to the Secrets that she probably hides from him (Canonically he executed a plan that consisted of doing that to Ferrus).

I really think that Makino will try to create an Ultralink first and then use it to possess Contassa in order to get an access to the Secrets that she probably hides from him (Canonically he executed a plan that consisted of doing that to Ferrus).
I mean you are using the one key where he is possessing someone via equipment so that should be something she'll at least try to keep in mind with her Dead Man Switch.

Also she's kinda resistant to mind hax and possession, her body basically ends up getting controlled by her powers when that happens

Scion exists and the guy enjoys possessing powerful non-humans. That's the points I've been making for Contessa sending off her opponent to another Parahumans universe
The fight is between her and makino. What's this got to do with anything. She only has other living entities under equipment as titan, and that doesn't include scion, and I don't think this is titan contessa to begin with, is it? Because she's far too broken.
She wins because she calls for help from a third party doesn't really seem like how vsbattles works unless said party is a result of their power somehow or its a team match.

he is possessing Max, yes, but nothing prevents him from building another ultralink with the time he supposedly has, if we take the idea of him being given the resources to create an Alphalink or get Scion.

In fact, Makino doesn't need Contessa to be alive to steal all of her information, considering Ultralinks take memories from things like Toxzon's plastic fish.

and Linking is not just mind control, it is also Body Puppetry that works independently.

Back