• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou's durability Negation

During his fight with Darkshine, Garou hits him on the stomach, creating powerful shockwaves that pulverise the surrounding stones, reducing them into sand. Darkshine's skin remains unbroken, however; he was injured by the attack as he coughs up blood from his nose and mouth. This indicates that his internal organs were damaged.

Darkshine's durability scales massively above his own AP to the point that he is incapable of putting a scratch on himself. Right after being harmed, Darkshine is shocked and makes a comment specifically about Garou's technique having further sharpened during the fight. So basically, it means that what harmed Darkshine was not only Garou's raw strength but also his technique.

Their AP is implied to be comparable to each other. Darkshine also breaks Garou's shoulders with his attack.

Conclusion: Garou should have Limited Durability Negation via his martial arts techniques as he could harm Darkshine (by attacking him from inside with the shockwave or something like that I don't know), who he himself could not do anything to his own body due to how massively durable it was.

Last edited:
During his fight with Darkshine, Garou hits him on the stomach, creating powerful shockwaves that pulverise the surrounding stones, reducing them into sand. Darkshine's skin remains unbroken, however; he was injured by the attack as he coughs up blood from his nose and mouth. This indicates that his internal organs were damaged.

Darkshine's AP scales massively above his own AP to the point that he is incapable of putting a scratch on himself. Right after being harmed, Darkshine is shocked and makes a comment specifically about Garou's technique having further sharpened during the fight. So basically, it means that what harmed Darkshine was not only Garou's raw strength but also his technique.

Their AP is implied to be comparable to each other. Darkshine also breaks Garou's shoulders with his attack.

Conclusion: Garou should have Limited Durability Negation via his martial arts techniques as he could harm Darkshine (by attacking him from inside with the shockwave or something like that I don't know), who he himself could not do anything to his own body due to how massively durable it was.
Yeah, the bulk of the shockwave went through Darkshine's body and must have passed through his internal organs before pulverizing that huge area on the other side. Normally kinetic attacks don't roll through the entire body like that without first damaging the harder exterior, so if Darkshine's muscles dura > Cross Fang Dragon Slayer fist's AP then there needs to be something to the attack in order to pass through Darkshine's entire body and come out the other side with enough force to pulverize a city block-sized area

Last edited:

Darkshine's durability scales massively above his own AP to the point that he is incapable of putting a scratch on himself. Right after being harmed, Darkshine is shocked and makes a comment specifically about Garou's technique having further sharpened during the fight. So basically, it means that what harmed Darkshine was not only Garou's raw strength but also his technique.

Limited Durability Negation seems fine to me

Nothing there indicates the attack negates durability. A "technique" doesn't always refer to hax, it also refers to martial arts.
This is a very strong punch. You get your internal organs damaged by that too.

Nothing there indicates the attack negates durability. A "technique" doesn't always refer to hax, it also refers to martial arts.
That technique of him negating durability to an extent because it sends shockwaves into his body, causing the internal organs to suffer damage.
This is a very strong punch. You get your internal organs damaged by that too.
Their AP is more or less equal. The other guy is a stonewall, can't even put a scratch on himself, meaning that his durability scales above his own AP to the point he can't feel any pain from his own attacks.

That technique of him negating durability to an extent because it sends shockwaves into his body, causing the internal organs to suffer damage.
With this logic we can give durability negation to every character that can generate a shockwave with a punch.
Basically everyone above the speed of sound.

isn't that just the sound the spirals he has makes? seems very unclear to conclude that his shoulders broke from that.
I don't know. We later see the same sound when he evolves further into a monster. That can be discussed here too. It is a key part on determining whether Garou has durability negation or if Darkshine is actually a stone wall.

With this logic we can give durability negation to every character that can generate a shockwave with a punch.
Basically everyone above the speed of sound.
Sending shockwaves into one's body in order to damage the internal organs can be considered limited durability negation. Because we only add it to those characters that have shown the ability to do so. If they haven't shown to do that, then they don't have it. If you don't like it, you can make a CRT to discuss that problem, thus removing the durability negation from profiles of many characters that can send shockwaves into one's body to damage them.

No, because they do not damage internal organs or stone wall characters.
A lot of characters make others cough blood by punching really hard without doing any external damage, it's a common thing in fiction.
Sending shockwaves into one's body in order to damage the internal organs can be considered limited durability negation. Because we only add it to those characters that have shown the ability to do so. If they haven't shown to do that, then they don't have it. If you don't like it, you can make a CRT to discuss that problem, thus removing the durability negation from profiles of many characters that can send shockwaves into one's body to damage them.
I would be fine if it was stated that Garou sent a shockwave and dealt internal damage to Darkshine, but for now this is your average feat in fiction.
I am not making any CRT for anything, I am expressing my opinion right now.

This thread is basically a guesswork.

We don't need statements from the author and other characters to know if that's what happened. We can come up with our interpretation.

Their AP is comparable, with one character admitting that he is durable enough to tank his own attacks without suffering a single scratch, and another one, while having comparable AP, could deal internal damage to them. After that attack, we even see the shockwave from behind Darkshine that reduces stones into sand.

However; if you want a supporting statement, then Garou's Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist is a combination of martial arts of both Bang and Bomb, which was stated to send shockwaves spreading through an opponent's body when struck. What else do you need really?

Anyways, I just want a mod to engage in this CRT and make their final decision.

Last edited:
We don't need statements from the author and other characters to know if that's what happened. We can come up with our interpretation.
By your method I can give durability negation to any character that made other character cough blood without doing external damage.

Anyway, you will have to get staff in here, Qaw or Ashura, they seem to be the only active OPM supporters.

By your method I can give durability negation to any character that made other character cough blood without doing external damage.

Anyway, you will have to get staff in here, Qaw or Ashura, they seem to be the only active OPM supporters.
But that IS durability negation.

However; if you want a supporting statement, then Garou's Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist is a combination of martial arts of both Bang and Bomb, which was stated to send shockwaves spreading through an opponent's body when struck. What else do you need really
Should've started with this honestly, don't blame me for not taking your guesswork as fact.

Now I need to see evidence that the punch Garou used is the same as the one Bang and Bomb used.
The appearance of a shockwave in Garou's punch isn't a proof of that technique, from what I recall shockwaves aren't a big deal in OPM.
But that IS durability negation.
You don't need special techniques to damage internal organs of humans and especially in fiction where they cough blood all the time.

Now I need to see evidence that the punch Garou used is the same as the one Bang and Bomb used.
As I said, Garou used the same two fighting styles as Bang and Bomb did (with a technique superior to the one used on Elder Centipede). He hit Darkshine with both of his hands using the two different martial art styles (Bang and Bomb's respectively, and then creating shockwaves). Bang and Bomb's technique sends shockwaves spreading through an opponent's body when struck while Garou doesn't? This is an assumption considering their fighting style are the same. Also, that's just a supporting statement about the shockwaves spreading through one's body when the technique connects. The interpretation regarding his fight with Darkshine still stands.

Anyways, I think I've argued enough with you and already said what I needed to say. So what is left is that we wait for the staff's input and even if they reject it eventually, I'm still fine with it.

Pressure Points is useless if he doesn't have AP. It's like saying he can hurt Goku as well with a pressure point strike.

Last edited:
Back