• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ruinous Powers Corrupt Your Chosen Verse

What if the Dark Gods of the Warp existed in a universe of your choosing?

• How much does the setting change due to their influence? Are the gods of your verse contending with them? Are the mortals desperately trying to hold back the dark tides of chaos on their own? Are they mere insects on a sheer cosmic scale?
  • What characters are affected by their presence? Would they fall to chaos? Do they seek out their strength of their own accord? Do certain characters become villains? Does the main antagonist use their gifts? Are they intrigued by their mere existence, and wish to study them out of curiosity?
  • If warp magic existed, how would that change the power structure of your verse? Do certain characters become psykers? Is your verse's native power system similar enough to warp magic that people are possessed by daemons? Is warp magic stronger or weaker than your verse's magic?
  • When do the chaos gods appear in the timeline? Do canon events cause them to manifest? Have they always existed?
  • Would other chaos gods exist besides the main 4, based on the nature of your verse? Would there be gods like the Dark King, Malice, and the Great Horned Rat?
  • Do chaos cults hold considerable sway over society? Are whole nations manipulated by Tzeenchian cults? Do swathes of people partake in debauchery and/or intense violence? Does an underground cult spread plagues in secret? Are they recognised as universal threats, and are purged by authorities?

klaher-baklaher-gods-of-chaos.jpg

VS Profiles: Mr. Blue, Mr. Green, Mr. Red, Mr. Purple

I don't play Honkai Impact but Honkai Star Rail's Paths and Aeons are basically their own Chaos Gods that represent less broad concepts. Currently, they're like 1-C or something so assuming that I don't go with the boring answer that Chaos Gods stomp cause 1-A hax, they'd have a ton more competition. Or they'd have a love affair with some.

Nurgle gets his own femboy Discord kitten in the form of Yaoshi with how much the two love immortality and stagnancy. Khorne will be happy duking it out with Destruction and the Hunt. Slaanesh would definitely try to take Xipe for herself. Tzeentch and Aha would definitely be fighting on who's the biggest meme. They'd hate Nanook and Tazzyronth just because the two will definitely lead to a Tyrannid scenario of no more sentient life.

Ignoring the fact that the Chaos Gods would probably AP shitstomp the Touhou gods, they would try their damned best to ensure that the Chaos Gods either dont get into Gensokyo, or, if they do get in, weaken them to the best of their abilities

Though, if they are based on concepts (or are conceptual based beings), Yukari would absolutely give them hell, even if she does die in the process

If you want to equalize stats, for whatever reason.....it could really go both ways. It would depend on who acts first to sabotage the other side

Arent chaos gods more likely to gain influence and followers than actually try to solo verses or anything like that?
I guess for the elder scrolls they would be treat as some new deadric princes with their own oblivions and not much would change beyond some new cults.
In fact they would probably end up conflicting with deadric princes and going to war.
Khorne is basically an indiscriminate malacath and merhunes dagon combination
slaanesh is basically molag bal with a bit of whichever deadric princes are obsessed with physical sensations
Nurgle is basically periyite with some namira depravity thrown in
And tzeentch is a mix between dagon and hermaeus mora (change, fate and knowledge driven)

For gensokyo it would likely create the mother of all incidents but its hard to say how it gets resolved. I doubt theyre getting utterly whiped out but things could easy go to absolute shit in a haystack.

For the real world too..... Wed probably have more terrorist groups and/or devoted religions around them. But given how badly chaos gods end up screwing their followers over, i could see most people going for shared chaos and that becoming a global religion. Which could either be a good thing and make us less divided as a species over time, or turn us into a even more barbaric race, or both.

Arent chaos gods more likely to gain influence and followers than actually try to solo verses or anything like that?
I guess for the elder scrolls they would be treat as some new deadric princes with their own oblivions and not much would change beyond some new cults.
In fact they would probably end up conflicting with deadric princes and going to war.
Khorne is basically an indiscriminate malacath and merhunes dagon combination
slaanesh is basically molag bal with a bit of whichever deadric princes are obsessed with physical sensations
Sanguine?
And tzeentch is a mix between dagon and hermaeus mora (change, fate and knowledge driven)
I wonder how Tzeentch aligns (Or not) with Sheogorath & Jyggalag....

I tried to convey that, but I probably wasn’t specific enough in my op.
This was meant to be like my other thread with Cell, where they’re actually products of the chosen verse instead of just being the exact same as their original verse.

This was meant to be like my other thread with Cell, where they’re actually products of the chosen verse instead of just being the exact same as their original verse.
Yeah that's not happening given the Aeons pretty much just take any breathing space from them assuming they can interact with them. Also Slaanesh was literally born from a murder **** fest, how does that translate to other verses

Yeah that's not happening given the Aeons pretty much just take any breathing space from them assuming they can interact with them. Also Slaanesh was literally born from a murder **** fest, how does that translate to other verses
Almost the same way as in 40k.

In a sci-fi verse, you could justify his existence by saying an alien race did the Horizontal Murder Dance. In Star Wars, it could be a prosperous core world that became so debauched that it scarred the force, or however it works.

Slaanesh’s creation doesn’t have to be exactly as monumentous as 40k. In Tolkien’s verse, Slaanesh could just be another evil Valar, like Melkor.
Or in Avatar, he could be a spirit that influences the living into becoming sex lunatics when both worlds connect, which is super bad when Korra permanently links them together.

A little surprised no one else has gone over how Pokemon would be impacted.

Arceus would probably be indignant about 4 new deities moseying on in with their weird ways, but I doubt it'd be in much of a position to do anything anyway.

Let's try to assess how they interact with the setting, starting with the simplest... Which, funnily enough, is probably Tzeentch. At least, in summary:

Tzeentch:
Wants everything changing, & is full of complex schemes & treachery. Tzeentch probably appreciates the evolution.
Unsure how it'd care for encyclopedic documentation of species. Tzeentch grants knowledge, but at a price, but also loves to propagate lies.
Absurdly complex plans that regularly work against one another or are abandoned because Tzeentch is volatile means Tzeentch's impacts are probably minor, varied & hard to determine.

One thing it could do would be to propagate Mega Stones, Z-Crystals, Max Raid dens & Tera Crystals. Especially Tera Crystals & Shards & Dens, as Wild Pokemon can Dynamax (& some species get their own Dynamax forms.), or Terastallize.

Among other things.

Khorne:
In Pokemon, some of the norms are that:
1. Pokemon battles are an internationally supported sport, & Pokemon are in general implied to LIKE battling & many enthusiastically train & take part.
2. Rules are enfroced & widely observed.

Some trainers even go as far as to train with their Pokemon physically, such as sparring with them.

If my memory serves, Khorne loves battle & honor, so I can imagine it greatly appreciates such a battle-hungry setting.

I'm not sure what Khorne wouldn't like about a setting like this... other than the parts of it that don't conform to Khorne's ways, but every Chaos God wants all settings to conform to their ways, AFAIK, so that aspect of this thought experiment is kind of dull to me.

Nurgle:
My understanding is that Nurgle seeks both stagnation & propagation (Very, very truly contrary, how does your garden grow...?) which is weird. Unfortunately, this includes all microorganisms, like diseases.
Nurgle also opposes change, IIRC, so contrary to what I said, so it's kinda questionable how much Nurgle would seek to alter this previously untainted-by-chaos setting.
So we probably get crops flourishing, Pokemon proliferate even faster than ever before, but also pervasive plagues & pestilence. Depends on how he's feeling.

Slaanesh:
Slaanesh, though, is probably the worst & most interesting,, because Slaanesh, AFAIK, wants all desires indulged to excess, especially if Slaanesh takes action to ensures those desires are fulfilled.

In a setting full of monsters, this has horrible consequences.

For example, Electrode is known to blos itself up because it's bored, or because it ate too much electricity, among other reasons. Slaanesh could start giving every Electrode free stamina refills so they can CONSTANTLY explode.
Or flood the world with new kinds of electricity for all the many kinds of electricity-eating Pokemon to gourge & taste test.

Glalie freezes its prey solid & then eats it at leisure. Freeze everything!
Murkrow wants to collect shiny things, as does Meowth. Make everything shiny!

Pokemon like Ralts can feel emotions & flees from negative emotions, Clefable can "easily hear a pin drop" a kilometer away, & Slurpuff has a sense of smell "100 million times better than a human's"... but Slaanesh revels in pain as a sensation, too!
Worldwide sensory abuse for all!

Muk has horrible stenches that makes it basically a walking plague, Solrock, when spinning, gives off light like the sun's to blind foes, Loudred can blow apart wood frame houses with its bellowing, & its evolved form, Exploud, shakes the ground like tremors or earthquakes & can be heard 10 kilometers away!

RubyWeezing loves the gases given off by rotted kitchen garbage. This Pokémon will find a dirty, unkempt house and make it its home. At night, when the people in the house are asleep, it will go through the trash.

Fill the world with rotted kitchen garbage for Weezing to enjoy.

Drowzee & Hypno put things to sleep so they can eat the dreams of the sleeping. Put EVERYTHING to sleep & have them live through their dreams, & make the dreams multi-layered so the dream eaters can live in dreams & eat the dreams of those sleeping in the dreams!

& 1 more example:
Ultra MoonIt creates invisible walls with its pantomiming. If you don't act impressed, it will attack you with a double slap!
If Mr. Mime wants others to be impressed by its pantomiming (To its credit, its legit good in-universe, & out-of-universe, it is infuriatingly underappreciated.) so to that end, why not make EVERYONE perceive EVERY Mr. Mime pantomime act ever?

Sure, some of these things overlap with other Chaos Gods' domains, but AFAIK, all sensations, good or bad are something Slaanesh wants all to experience.
& if every Pokemon had all their desires indulged, it'd be utter lunacy.

Constant explosions, rotted kitchen garbage everywhere, every living thing being frozen (To be eaten.) or asleep (So its dreams can be eaten.), with an assault of stenches, loud noises, flashing lights, & telepathic business & more.

To say nothing of all the Pokemon who just want sparring partners or have violent impulses. Glalie is far from the only carnivorous Pokemon species.

'course, all this assumes Slaanesh gives every Pokemon the means for their indulgences in excess & a sort of worst case scenario where those go rampant & overboard, unopposed by other Chaos Gods in the cosmos, & Pokemon in the local ecosystems.

Last edited:
The Pokemon bit above reminded me of these bad boys, aka what if each Chaos God was given a Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur-Nurgle.jpg
Bulbasaur-Tzeentch.jpg
Bulbasaur-Khorne.jpg

Left out Slaanesh only because it was disappointing as hell on top of being ugly

Nurgle:
My understanding is that Nurgle seeks both stagnation & propagation (Very, very truly contrary, how does your garden grow...?) which is weird. Unfortunately, this includes all microorganisms, like diseases.
Nurgle also opposes change, IIRC, so contrary to what I said, so it's kinda questionable how much Nurgle would seek to alter this previously untainted-by-chaos setting.
So we probably get crops flourishing, Pokemon proliferate even faster than ever before, but also pervasive plagues & pestilence. Depends on how he's feeling.
Nurgle is all about maintaining the status quo. By granting his followers immortality and higher durability - this decreases the chances of Living changing to Deceased. This is what he’s doing when he spreads his plagues, he’s causing stagnation of life and death, and propagation of HIS status quo.

To use an example from the anime, a Ninetales will outlive its trainer unless Nurgle offers to give the trainer immortality. The trainer in turn is refused death in favour of becoming a walking corpse, which maintains the status quo of ‘Ninetales and the Trainer’ instead of changing to ‘The Lonely Ninetales.’ So yes, there is change, but only to Nurgle’s unchanging status quo.

Back