• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ending 2017 with Kal's Calamity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it doesn't add too much to AoC because people are already 100% screwed if it touches them.

Oh wait, technically since the body is the barrier, it would mean the absorption would affect anyone inside.

I mean, they still need to be completely inside the body. KG doesn't absorb people by towering over them

That's because the body is the barrier tho. AoC, at full potential, could just make a barrier and be done with it if Akron is within it.

I do. AoC always had the ability to make barriers but it did not.

Is it possible for it to lead with it? Sure, but it's far from granted

Also minor nitpick but probably we should specify that at full potential it doesn't get Homulilly's stuff

Couldn't you use that argument against every ability in the full potential range? Also, given that no one would have been affected by a barrier's affects there, why would AoC make one anyway?

Yeah we probably should.

To an extent yes, but what I meant is that it did not even if it always could. I wouldn't argue that full potential doesn't use Tart's BFR as we can't know, but barriers are a thing that it could always make yet it did not. Again, not arguing that it wouldn't use it period, just that it wouldn't lead with it.

To protect itself, make Homura's life harder, simply hide etc. Also why he would lead with it against Akron? If it was useless against all the enemies, why it would start with it over something like time stop which has proved to be effective on multiple occasions?

I'll edit it

Ah I see

I mean, it can lead with several things at once remember? Thanks to Falslings and Corrupted Wraiths.

k

Yeah but what I meant is that the barrier one isn't likely enough to be used at the start. It's a similar thing to Akron not leading with death hax because the enemies are more likely to be resistant opposed to power null that no one resists it in-verse due to the scale (except Godcat but she is tier 2 so it doesn't count)

Btw High 4-C or 3-A Akron (nothing changes, just need to know what to write when it will be concluded, also I assume Low 5-B instead of 7-B AoC)?

Someone run me down what's happening please. Is the reign of Calamity finally coming to an end?

And the beginning of Akron's rein begins.

Not that bad, I'll be honest.

No but seriously, I wanna know how Akron is winning. I don't like just FRAing without at least some context.

Kills the surrounding Wraiths/tentacles via passive erasure/space-time manip. Suck in all the others via planetary black hole. Shuts down AoC (and the other bodies) with a thought. Resurrection/regen is also moot due to negation. That and time stop is useless.

That's the tl;dr version

Kaltias said:
Yeah but what I meant is that the barrier one isn't likely enough to be used at the start. It's a similar thing to Akron not leading with death hax because the enemies are more likely to be resistant opposed to power null that no one resists it in-verse due to the scale (except Godcat but she is tier 2 so it doesn't count)
Actually Oriko's precog might be useful here, after all that let her know how to kill madoka (who was in a different room inside the barrier) while she was dying, by throwing a shard of a witch's body right where she was going to be

Btw still waiting for opinions on the resistance to power null thing, from what I got from other threads if his power null has not shown to work on resistant beings the scale doesn't matter as long as it is 3-D

Oriko's precog told her to kill Madoka long before that actually. It isn't the "Do this and this" kind of precog, it's the one that shows you the future but you have to work in order to make it happen (or to make it not happen like Oriko was trying to do). Plus i'm pretty sure that if it was to activate AoC would temporarily freeze because iirc that's what happens to Oriko.

That's literally what we do for every hax tho. The hax has a scale, the resistance also has a scale.

I'm talking about the moment she was dying, she saw right there that madoka was going to be in that exact place and by that she was able to kill her, the one you're talking about only showed the calamity that madoka becoming a meguca would have brought to the world.

So what's the potency of the hax? Power nulling an entire planet of fodders and 3 (i guess?) Main charachters with no resistance to me only shows an enormous range with no particular potency showings

Yeah but finding Madoka took a ton of time. It isn't something that always tells her what to do

That's literally how you gauge potency tho. For example controlling a trillion of regular people is more impressive than mindscrewing, say, Sayaka because her mind resistance is nowhere near that level.

Well, yeah you're right about that one

Still, it seems still a who haxes first, with Akron likely going to start with power null which should be able to overcome its resistance and AoC, which can start with a lot of things, needs to use something that will work on him and doesn't have time to analyze Akron, so unless it starts with using a witch's kiss (and while there's nothing saying that it will, there are no proof either of it not using that in the wraith arc due to the fact that we are only shown charachters who are resistant to that (and I think its more likely to be used than the rumor's veil)) or any other ability said before (can't remember the others now), it should lose here (unless he can come back due to the resurrection which should be different from regen right? Because he has at least 3 people from whom it copied complete self-resurrection, one of them after the soul has been destroyed)

So either Akron or at the very, very least inconclusive if it using witch's kiss at the start is taken for good

Btw there are a lot of abilities that will be added to AoC once magia record gets a translation (or at least the doppel cards), and there are pretty strong ones like the one that completely isolates the user from everything else space-time included or the one whose wisps will never vanish as long as a resentment towards someone exist with that someone being the enemy she's facing, so when these get added this might need a remake or something

Akron negates both regen and resurrection actually.

Also yeah, maybe it will become outdated in the future (The space-time stuff is relatively inconsequential tho). But i don't want to go through this agai

THE AVATAR'S STREAK HAS BEEN DESTROYED!

M
M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload

Apparently, we're supposed to close threads if there is obvious spite.

Did I scare you guys for a sec there? Does anyone else want to vote or should I add it now. Although I'm 99% sure there may be an upgrade / addition of abilities soon so I'm not sure if this will stay relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back