• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Hello, all. We'll be tackling a CRT for the Game Sonic verse today, so let's make it simple.

Low 4-C Upgrades

Simply put, the old version of the calc for the Eclipse Cannon piercing stars is a little rough. Not because of the math itself, but because of the method used to calculate it. It basically assumed that the blast from the Eclipse Cannon could expanded the Sun as it went through, and thus used difference in GBE to get the result for the attack. However, calculating the energy it takes to destroy the materials of the Sun as the laser passes through it seems to be a less complicated, more accurate result. No fancy star-expanding, just a straight shot through. As such, the new calculation using that method lands at this level.

Low 4-C will come from scaling prominent members of the cast to Emerl, who grew in intelligence and power with each Chaos Emerald it received. Shadow even gave Emerl the last Emerald before Shadow proceeded to fight him afterwards, and Sonic did the same after Emerl tried to destroy the Earth through firing the Final Egg Blaster at it. And while Emerl has planet-destroying statements, it isn't necessarily indicative that 5-B is the maximumpower he can produce. Especially since the concern was literally because of the life on the planet. Furthermore both Emerl and the Space Colony Ark reacted in similar ways upon using all seven emeralds, suggesting a similar level of output for both. There are calcs that are much higher than simply 5-B for it anyways, though through more specific methods.

Additionally, Werehog Sonic is stated to be a result of the conjunction between the seven Chaos Emeralds and Dark Gaia's energy and thus scales him to Low 4-C as well. Which supports the Base Cast scaling because he can thrash it within Sonic Generations.

Changing Up The Keys

Now onto a bigger change. Many of they keys in the Sonic profiles have the Adventure Era Key mixed in with the Modern Era key. To be frank, that was a rushed decision as a result of the profiles being scaled to the Ninatons when the Eclipse Cannon's statement was first calculated to be 5-A. Here'ssome examples. This is an attempt to remedy that as Low 4-C is applied.

Adventure Era will once again be a separated key, with a distinction from the Modern Era... Mostly. Instead of a sole Modern Era key, it will be End Of Adventure Era (Sonic Battle and Onwards) to Modern Era (Current) and will encompass everything in between that can be easily sorted through this blog. And why are we using Battlespecifically to begin the distinction? Because it is the first game where some members of the Base Cast can contend with a being powered by the seven Chaos Emeralds, whereas Classic Sonic can only take on one-Emerald enemies and Adventure Sonic caps at four Emeralds through Chaos 4 and can't actually put Chaos 6 down without exploiting ice as a weakness. And there's even a very obvious progression of strength within the narrative itself, even outside of Sonic Battle as well, that helps prove this fact.

In addition, let's face it. Sonic's Post-Forces key is pretty useless and can just as easily not exist to cut down on the unnecessary bulk of the profile and any profile that you see with a Post-Generations key was simply because of the leap in power with Perfect Chaos' scaling. It'll be a nice clean-up to get rid of them and just incorporate them into an already existing key. And speaking of Perfect Chaos...

Upgrading Perfect Chaos

Perfect Chaos scaling all the way down to 5-A was honestly an egregious mistake. Perfect Chaos shouldn't be leagues below Super Sonic simply because the latter is superior, since such a thing as downscaling exists for a reason. The notion of it being that level came from it harnessing different energy from the Chaos Emeralds, harnessing "anger and sadness", whereas Sonic knew how to use them "the real way". But this doesn't mean Perfect Chaos somehow received such a small buff by comparison when other villains are 4-A through fighting Super Sonic despite being unable to do anything meaningful except (like Ultimate Gemerl) for a few rare occasions (Solaris, Egg Wizard, etc,). Because of this, Perfect Chaos becomes 4-A.

It's important to note that this means Perfect Chaos becomes an outlier for Base Sonic, and is removed from Sonic's reasoning entirely as a result of this change in Tier.

Last edited:
Perfect Chaos scaling all the way down to 5-A was honestly an egregious mistake.
You're right, I don't even sonic and I can tell he was done dirty, dude's the coolest ****** in the verse. Don't @ me.

Ehh, I agree and all of that.

Honestly I would prefer making a separate thread regarding all of the other tier 4 scaling Base Sonic arguably has aside from the new Eclipse Cannon calculation.

1. Seen the Fight berween stated ro be an warn up for enerjak imma look fir scan
2.welp read wrong

Enerjak?! Bro, wrong, continuity. I think what you're thinking of is Shadow explicitly stating that it was a warm-up for the both of them. Which in no way means Emerl was suppressed at the time, it's not indicative as such.

I disagree with 4-A Perfect Chaos. Not only is he blatantly weaker than Super Sonic, but Sonic only intended to pacify him. He wasn’t going for the kill. Everything else in the OP is fine.

I disagree with 4-A Perfect Chaos. Not only is he blatantly weaker than Super Sonic, but Sonic only intended to pacify him. He wasn’t going for the kill. Everything else in the OP is fine.
Sonic literally needs to charge enough energy to even hit him, Sonic also didn't want to kill the Mother Wisp and pacify her and she is 4-A. Being weaker doesn't mean anything since almost every final boss is weaker than Super Sonic (which is why they are beaten)

Chaos being the only final boss to not scale always was nonsense and based on incorrect information

How consistent is this? We have the Emerl thing and then supposedly werehog but werehog is a separate key to begin with. Wouldn't this singular Emeral thing just be an outlier? Or am I not seeing the other Low 4-C feats?

How consistent is this? We have the Emerl thing and then supposedly werehog but werehog is a separate key to begin with. Wouldn't this singular Emeral thing just be an outlier? Or am I not seeing the other Low 4-C feats?
Egg Dragoon can face the Werehog, Sonic in base beats Egg Dragoon in Generations

The "low 4-C" feat is already accepted, the only thing changing is the calc being updated and the scaling, claiming "outlier" now but not before is just weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back