• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't have the wit needed for a funny introduction. So let's go.

Chaos 6 Scaling

In episode 30 of Sonic X, Sonic and Knuckles are able to fight Chaos 6, who is empowered by six of the Chaos Emeralds. Sonic and Knuckles are both able to destroy parts of Chaos 6, demonstrating that they physically scale to him, and because Chaos 6 is being fueled by six Chaos Emeralds, he should be comparable to the Eclipse Cannon, which has been calculated at Planet level+. Because of this, I am proposing that the main cast are all upgraded to tier 5-B+.

The Eggsterminator Fight
A debunk to this that I have seen prior is that in episode 26 of the series, Sonic is beaten by the Eggsterminator, an Eggman mech that is also powered by six Chaos Emeralds. However, while Sonic does eventually get worn down by the mech, he is showcased several times to be capable of taking attacks from it, showing that his durability would at least be on the same tier. This can also be used as a demonstration of Sonic's growth, furthered by how in episode 13, he was losing to an Eggman mech powered by only 2 Emeralds, and how in episode 32, Sonic could easily tank an attack from Perfect Chaos. If needed, the profiles of the main cast could be separated into several keys, with one for season 1, and one for season 2-3. The keys for season 1 can list their strength with “at most”, while they can completely scale for s2-3.

Sonic’s Growth
Sonic growing in strength is also not inconsistent, as backed up in the Sonic X comics, which writer Ian Flynn has stated to take place near the end of S2, and use the same cast and settings as the show. In issue 22, Sonic can fight with two Eggman bots who he calls the toughest Eggman has ever made, thus making them stronger than the Eggsterminator, while now, Sonic can fight them with much less injury. As well, in issue 10 of the comic series, Amy seems to imply that Sonic and co hold back against when Eggman could get hurt.

Conclusion
So, let’s do it to it! (I only now realized how I should’ve started this whole thing) So, the two options I am vying for are either giving the cast s1 keys with downscaling to planet level or at most planet level+, while the S2 scaling is fairly blatant.
Edit: Now I’m going with what GoatResounding suggested, in having the cast all just downscale somewhat from the 5-B+ calc.
Agree:
ShakeResounding
Peptocopter27
Remus199
The_2nd_Extestential_Seed
Starbrand_Fan
Theuser789
The_Great_Banana
DarkDragonMedeus
Psychomaster35
Maverick_Zero_X

Last edited:
BUT the comic doesn't take place in the anime. I'm neutral on this upgrade actually. The comic statement tied things up perfectly. The upgrade is less solid without it. Still leaning towards agreement, but an outlier argument could be made.

BUT the comic doesn't take place in the anime. I'm neutral on this upgrade actually. The comic statement tied things up perfectly. The upgrade is less solid without it. Still leaning towards agreement, but an outlier argument could be made.
It does take place in the anime. It also being in the Archie multiverse changes nothing.

If we are to assert that X shares a cosmology with Archie, by the exact same logic, Boom also shares a cosmology with Archie. Is this something we accept? Even knowing that Boom is stated to be a parrallel universe to the games and that the game verse would therefore share a cosmology with Archie?

If we are to assert that X shares a cosmology with Archie, by the exact same logic, Boom also shares a cosmology with Archie. Is this something we accept? Even knowing that Boom is stated to be a parrallel universe to the games and that the game verse would therefore share a cosmology with Archie?
Flynn has said that the games are in the Archie multiverse tho, but that isn’t important for this upgrade, that’s for someone who has more patience.

Flynn has said that the games are in the Archie multiverse tho, but that isn’t important for this upgrade, that’s for someone who has more patience.
Ian's statement would only apply to a version of the game universe being in Archie. He didn’t (and still doesn't) have enough authority over the games to claim they being in Archie. (Especially when certain games are non-canon because of legal issues, just like what happened with Archie).

Ian's statement would only apply to a version of the game universe being in Archie. He didn’t (and still doesn't) have enough authority over the games to claim they being in Archie. (Especially when certain games are non-canon because of legal issues, just like what happened with Archie).
True, but that doesn’t really affect the X upgrade.

Sorry, late as ever but like the others, I agree with this and it looks like it's been applied so is there anything left to do or can I close this?

Back