• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ellimist and Crayak upgrade/Q downgrade/10-D vs. 26-D difference/help?

Okay. Please list the exact titles of all the profiles that I need to unlock here.

But then, Barclay also brought up Einstein's theory about ten dimensions vs. 26 dimensions. You know, quantum principle vs. general relativity? I know very little about that.

He did, but that'd only apply to a few characters. The whole 5th dimensional thing is still wrong.

I don't know. It depends on what feats that he has. We are stricter with dimensional tiering now.

Well the biggest thing about dimensional tiering is

Are the dimensions full size, scientifically accurate, non-compact dimensions?

Given the nature of Star Trek I wouldn't be surprised if this is ever stated, but at the same time, I don't remember it being stated.

Okay. I am of no help here, sorry, but would appreciate if others can check it up.

I wrote a longer version of this post since this site's glitch deleted it all so this may be insufficient

Magic in ST verse is defined as the use of supernatural power, like how it is in real life verse. It is not just about the Megans as their universe just happens to be governed by such things

There are feats of people like Amanda Rogers manipulating antimatter

There are statements from Q junior on fluidic space. There are water manipulating feats anyway nonetheless

It was agreed that Q would be "At least Low 1-C, likely 1-B". This should be done.

Actually

LUCIEN: Our universe operates by what you superstitiously call magic.

It might not have been actual magic.

Also ByAsura should Q be likely 1-B or not?

5-D was the low end for seeing all of space-time as flat, that includes all the realms in subspace and the quantum universes which was stated to be infinite amount. And 18-D existing for Chaotic Space intersecting with the real space by 18th dimensional gradient, though IDW is canon the books are treated as extended universe.

Intersecting doesn't mean 18-D. He doesn't describe subspace as flat, he describes the universe as flat, which is consistent with the Q seeing it as a road in Death Wish.

That is just to hint that ST cosmology is at least 18-D anyway, but nothing about that realms in particular. Seeing as flat like a map was an author statement.

I'm honestly more concerned about Q's hax

Law Manipulation (Imposed an abstract trial on humanity which if failed, would cause their immediate extinction)

Couldn't this just be death manipulation?

All he said is that humanity would be destroyed from what I remember, and that doesn't even require Law Manipulation.

"Fate Manipulation (Revealed in "All Good Things" that the Q were taking steps to affect Humanity as a whole's evolution into another stage of existence)"

I mean I geuss I can see how this could be interpreted as fate manipulation but it seems more likely they're just effecting minor things to help humanity out rather than directly choosing a fate for humanity to follow

"Conceptual Manipulation (Capable of assuming and modifying concepts to match the expectations of observers)"

...what?

Some of these definitely seem like they're from non-canon novels, or leap to conclusions.

Q weapons being EE based is also a jump to conclusions. It's implied they were created during the Q civil war.

That's the issue. The Star Trek, Stargate, etc, spin-off material are NOT meant to be part of the larger world like the Star Wars Legends books and comics and games, etc, were. NONE of them were meant to be canon. Ever.

As to Q weapons, there are the transcripts. Free for anyone to look through.

It is left up into the air on whether or not the Q are omnipotent, since we have only their word, or just beings with some advanced tech humans could reach eventually. Yeah, Voyager said the Q have always existed, but in the very same episode, it had also said Q foreplay lasts decades - only to be revealed, no, the Q don't reproduce that way, if at all. They can't even keep consistent in their own self-contained episodes. See "Threshold" for more on that. I mean, the Downstreamers also have similar tech. Could not the Q be the same?

It's revealed their omnipotence is just the lower race's perceptions of them. Plus, Q can have their power taken and there's thousands of them, so they can't be omnipotent.

And yet a pair of Q went to Earth and had a child - that didn't have powers for 18 years. Yet they were killed by a tornado... somehow.

It's implied the Q actually did it, if I remember, but I'll check into it. Also, I don't see what this has to do with omnipotence.

Edit: It was the Continuum who killed the parents.

So have you reached an agreement about any changes here?

It was, but it still seems like a low-end showing - that a tornado could kill him. Like any other out there, but still worth noting.

Actually the Downstreamers stuff isn't 100% technology, they used to be human and actually evolved into higher dimensional (and later beyond dimensional) forms.

The Q are explicitly physically above the universe, but still, their abilities mainly come from trolling lesser beings and not haxing other beings of the same level.

Yukaphile said:
It was, but it still seems like a low-end showing - that a tornado could kill him. Like any other out there, but still worth noting.
It's not a conventional tornado. It erased their house from existence.

Back