• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elder Scrolls dragon's mind and soul resistance

Ok so currently Durnehviir's soul resistance scales to the Ideal Masters, who are low 1-C, and people have been mentioning that a dragon resisted having his mind controlled by Molag Bal. However last time I checked both of those resistances were rejected during the original Elder Scrolls revisions and Mora was also able to give Miraak and The Dovahkiin the ability to easily mind control dragons, meaning the mind resistance feat would be an outlier anyways.

So I just made to ask if the mind and soul resistance feats are legitimate or should the ideal masters be removed from Durnehviir's soul resistance justification.

I'll respond after class (so about an hour). I just edited the op because I noticed a obvious grammar problem. However I don't see why he would have special resistance.

I just rewatched Durnehviir's dialogue. He says that they could control his mind, but couldn't possess his soul. It wouldn't make sense if the Ideal masters gave him his soul resistance, because his feat is resisting their soul manipulation.

The point of this thread is to discuss if that is a massive outlier, if there are reasons as to why they can't possess his soul that don't revolve around resistances, or if his soul resistance scaling to the Ideal Masters is legitimate or not.

The person i remember Molag bal wanting to take information, was Sai Sahan, in this case, it was a mind manipulation but from a lesser daedra, not from Molag Bal himself, off course as the dragon could hold more importance to him, maybe molag bal did the mind manipulation himself, but i dont think so.

Abouth durnehviir i think the ideal master cant possess his soul after death, as it will come back to AKA, that is why they kept it "alive".

One thing i would like to ask, dont you think dovahkin should have "hunger for power" and "hatred for dragons" as weakness, since he got this hate from dragon rend and both ESO and skyrim say about this megalomanic nature of the dragon soul?

Yeah, it's an outlier. If you tryto get close to the big crystals that suppose to represent the Ideal Masters, it is able to easily suck off your soul and kill you. This is the Dovahkiin whose soul scales far above Durnehviir's. Then again, you can argue that not being instantly killed is already a feat by itself.

Last edited:
Waria Kambang said:
Yeah, it's an outlier. If you tried to get close to the big crystals that supposed to represent the Ideal Masters, it was able to easily suck off your soul and kills you. This is the Dovahkiin whose soul scales far above Durnehviir's. Then again, you can argue that not being instantly killed is already a feat by itself.
The question is was that lore base or gameplay mechanics. (the dova being affected by the crystal)

No, it's not a game mechanic, considering that you can ask Valerica to brew you a potion that can stop the soul absorption, meaning that the Dovahkiin was really affected by the soul absorption.

But, the crystal soul absorption is also inconsistent, because other lesser souls didn't die from the same absorption that can kill you, so, eh.

Last edited:
Ultima Reality and Matthew Schroeder should be good to inform.

Back