• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

adiaZAIZAy9m0ve46DbdTFZqvDqpAJKiaP0qV2E4uy64Sp5zBBdQV3aSaT5LxhwDDb4nUvsMbMhLmQ=s800-rw-nd-v1

Unless you buy Uni Dark Souls like Death Battle did, then ER beats out every other souls series in stats for sure. Though apparently some just don't buy Star to MSS even though I still think they're valid. Just wanted to see how people felt about the arguments against it mostly.

Funnily enough, the Hunter is still sitting good in a BR because their best shit is a transcendent existence that also causes passive madness even if others could perceive them anyways.

Also, I'm super curious if we could get more calcs from the shit that's more akin to actual light beyond the slash Radahn has. I think there's those pebble snake things that shoot what seem like possible lasers in the DLC.

Unless you buy Uni Dark Souls like Death Battle did, then ER beats out every other souls series in stats for sure. Though apparently some just don't buy Star to MSS even though I still think they're valid. Just wanted to see how people felt about the arguments against it mostly.

Funnily enough, the Hunter is still sitting good in a BR because their best shit is a transcendent existence that also causes passive madness even if others could perceive them anyways.

Also, I'm super curious if we could get more calcs from the shit that's more akin to actual light beyond the slash Radahn has. I think there's those pebble snake things that shoot what seem like possible lasers in the DLC.
I don't buy Uni Dark Souls, but even if that was valid scaling, the vast majority of bosses the Chosen Undead fights are already far out of their prime so it's not like he scales to those bosses at their peak. At the end of the day the chosen Undead is just someone else following a cycle.

Star is very valid for ER, I think MSS is somewhat reasonable if we consider the fact that Star scaling starts at Starscourge Radahn and logically someone like the Elden Beast should be ridiculously above Radahn, unfortunately it's by an unquantifiable amount.

Also ER's magic is a shit ton more varied than DS magic.

Also also Radahn got nerfed lmao, GG guys, no more lightspeed Elden Ring.

Last edited:
I don't buy Uni Dark Souls, but even if that was valid scaling, the vast majority of bosses the Chosen Undead fights are already far out of their prime so it's not like he scales to those bosses at their peak. At the end of the day the chosen Undead is just someone else following a cycle.
I don't get why Uni Dark souls is so contentious when it's kind of a major plot point in 3 that all points in time are converging as a direct result of the first flame fading. Even without that you can get multi-solar system level as numerous pocket dimensions containing stars have been created in universe, as well as the first flame keeping all the stars in the sky alight.

Last edited:
I don't get why Uni Dark souls is so contentious when it's kind of a major plot point in 3 that all points of time are converging as a direct result of the first flame fading. Even without that you can get multi-solar system level as numerous pocket dimensions containing stars have been created in universe, as well as the first flame keeping all the stars in the sky alight.
The current reasoning for 4-C should be Low 2-C yeh

1. Even with Uni Dark Souls, Elden Rimg does beat it out with the greater will, arguably an entity equivalent in power to the First Flame

2. I DO have Bloodborne stuff in the works. The CRT is planned out but, like I said, I’ve had no time to work on anything and thus it’s on the back burner

3. The pebble snakes I believe shoot gravity magic, since it’s what they use yo hold themselves together.

Also, I saw this and thought it was pretty cool. I originally got mixed up and thought it as cut content but realized it was just a mod. Either way, it still makes me wonder if Metyr’s attacks are implied to be pulsar’s or quasars

1. Even with Uni Dark Souls, Elden Rimg does beat it out with the greater will, arguably an entity equivalent in power to the First Flame
Nah, Greater Will is either 3-A or Low 2-C (unless there's some higher arguments I am unaware of).

The high-end just lets it equal the Lords of Cinder, of which there are multiple (with the Soul of Cinder as their deific amalgamate).

Nah, Greater Will is either 3-A or Low 2-C (unless there's some higher arguments I am unaware of).

The high-end just lets it equal the Lords of Cinder, of which there are multiple (with the Soul of Cinder as their deific amalgamate).
2C if you want to giga high ball and say the erd trees in the elden beast arena are representative of other universes the Greater will has created. Fun interpretation that could have some stretched evidence to support it. But in the end with nothing concrete that's all it is. A fun interpretation.

At some point I want to work on upgrading Dark Souls but I just don't have the time available that I used to have. The main issue would be getting japanese scans translated since souls localizing is always so quirky.

Beat it out was the wrong word. I meant to say that it equalizes them a bit in terms of maximum levels of power.

Also, I saw this and thought it was pretty cool. I originally got mixed up and thought it as cut content but realized it was just a mod. Either way, it still makes me wonder if Metyr’s attacks are implied to be pulsar’s or quasars

I subscribe to it being a quasar. It comes from a completely dark void that also has gravity purple stuff with it. And it's metyrs ult who has connections to the greater will which has been described as a pure black void, sorta like a black hole. And the elden beast who uses a black hole like attack in its fight.

On the other hand the way it spins around and lack of acresion disk do support it being a pulsar. But in the end I think there's more evidence for it being a quasar.

Edit: metyr ost also has the sounds of a black hole in it. So I believe it's a black hole and a quasar even more so now.

Last edited:
The Greater Will (or a former part of it) created the ER universe, and there's some evidence pointing to the existence of a multiverse in Elden ring like in previous souls games.

Now if there is a greater will for each universe, or if there's a single greater will for every universe I don't know.

On the other hand the way it spins around and lack of acresion disk do support it being a pulsar. But in the end I think there's more evidence for it being a quasar.

Edit: metyr ost also has the sounds of a black hole in it. So I believe it's a black hole and a quasar even more so now.
Yeah I’m on the fence on which if could be too (if we go down that road)

Going on some rough calculations though, if it’s a Pulsar then Metyr’s attack would be around 5-B. If it’s a Quasar, on the high end it just barely makes it into Low 4-C

Going on some rough calculations though, if it’s a Pulsar then Metyr’s attack would be around 5-B. If it’s a Quasar, on the high end it just barely makes it into Low 4-C
quasar = chance for higher scaling. Guess I know which one I'm voting for. And just to make sure I'd like to bring up when Metyr dies the microcosm she's holding goes all black holey and transports her away, which is the same look when she uses the quasar/pulsar/whatever. now typically pulsars aren't known for sucking things in and taking them away. Black holes sure are tho. In conclusion, it's a black hole and quasar. Thank you for your time gentlemen I'll see you at the polls /j

Which one has more chance to happen though?

In terms of which are more common Irl, probably Pulsars. While there aren’t too many statistics on the absolute number of either phenomena in the universe, we can generally tell by going off the ratio of neutron stars (which produce pulsars) to black holes (which produce quasars). There are about 1e20 Neutron stars, while there are about 4e19 Black holes, so while similar, there are at 2.5x the amount of Pulsars.

In terms of which one it could be between the two, that’s tricky. The only thing in defense of it being a pulsar is really the shape, since it matches the same laser pattern of a pulsar with a rotating center firing 2 lasers in opposite directions. In defense of it being a quasar however, we see that the object that produces the lasers is visually and mechanically similar a black hole than a neutron star. However, quasars are normally disc shaped as opposed to being just two beams.

TL;DR: Support of it being a pulsar is the laser’s appearance, while support of it being a quasar is the body’s appearance

In terms of which are more common Irl, probably Pulsars. While there aren’t too many statistics on the absolute number of either phenomena in the universe, we can generally tell by going off the ratio of neutron stars (which produce pulsars) to black holes (which produce quasars). There are about 1e20 Neutron stars, while there are about 4e19 Black holes, so while similar, there are at 2.5x the amount of Pulsars.

In terms of which one it could be between the two, that’s tricky. The only thing in defense of it being a pulsar is really the shape, since it matches the same laser pattern of a pulsar with a rotating center firing 2 lasers in opposite directions. In defense of it being a quasar however, we see that the object that produces the lasers is visually and mechanically similar a black hole than a neutron star. However, quasars are normally disc shaped as opposed to being just two beams.

TL;DR: Support of it being a pulsar is the laser’s appearance, while support of it being a quasar is the body’s appearance
Also I forgot about the fact that Metyr's music literally uses black hole sounds on the side of it being a Quasar.

Okay I know the garden of eyes people are kinda shitty with how they charge for content, but this is one of the few things I’ve seen from them that I really like

I personally like their content (helps that I don't buy anything) and this one is REALLY cool. I mean, the simple fact that they made it possible to climb the Divine Gate, which I wish could be possible in the real DLC. Also, the corpse

I personally like their content (helps that I don't buy anything) and this one is REALLY cool. I mean, the simple fact that they made it possible to climb the Divine Gate, which I wish could be possible in the real DLC. Also, the corpse
I personally think some of their additions and ideas are nice, but most are just a cluster-fck. Like they literally added in a bunch of other souls bosses like the soul of cinder in random parts of their mod, and their entire of Zenith of Time zone is one of the most oversaturated ugly things I’ve ever seen. Beyond that though, I think their O&S godskin fight was a cool concept, as well as this entire fight. The touch of Mohgs corpse being more integrated into Malenia’s design and moveset was awesome.

Back