• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

The fact that they specifically mention being made of stardust and stars seem to hint more towards a supernova than the literal big bang in my opinion. Since the implication is that the stuff their born of, Stardust, came from a great rupture across the sky. Stardust comes from stars so it wouldn't make sense for the big bang to be what their referring to in this context.
Supernova is something I did suspect when I saw that specific quote, but it could also been some other cosmic phenomena (Not of the Big Bang, but other ones)

Still Supernova is one such implication for this event

Last edited:
I would say supernova is the most likely implication out of all of them. Even if I heavily disagree with the star feats in Elden Ring this statement to me means that Greater Will is bare minimum High 4-C. On that note has anyone ever calculated Ranni creating the Dark Moon in the sky? Cause that to me seems like a 100% sure way to get the cast to moon level or at least higher than what they currently are.

I would say supernova is the most likely implication out of all of them. Even if I heavily disagree with the star feats in Elden Ring this statement to me means that Greater Will is bare minimum High 4-C. On that note has anyone ever calculated Ranni creating the Dark Moon in the sky? Cause that to me seems like a 100% sure way to get the cast to moon level or at least higher than what they currently are.
The one from the Rennala boss fight? I'm pretty sure it was agreed that one was just an illusion and not an actual realm.

Guess I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one.

I think the great rupture is the Big Bang, because of Metyr, Daughter of the Greater Will summons a microcosm. microcosm literally meaning miniature universe.
why would the daughter of the greater will have connections to an image of the microcosm/universe if her father, the greater will, didn't have some connection to it?

and of course, another creation of the greater will plays heavily into the fundamental rules of the universe. the elden ring/elden beast, these things have the power to change the very concepts of the world, such as removing death from it. to me, it makes sense that the creator of the universe as a whole would be able to create an object/beast that can change its concepts.

I should also mention despite the universe being connected to/called a microcosm I don't think it's a bubble system or anything like that. probably something more akin to our universe in size. I believe this because of the extremely stary sky viewed in Liurnia that looks very similar to our Milky Way, the stars of ruin mentioning the death of a great star cluster, the various items that make small nebula and have exploding stars in them, implying a similar process to creating stars in our own world, and the galaxy structure seen in Rannis dark moon in her ending.

now this is purely speculation, but, I think the reason it's called a microcosm is because that's how it is from the perspective of the greater will. When we fight the Elden beast we see tons of erd trees There is nothing really saying what these truly represent but if I had to guess they're representative of other universes that the greater will has created and or has infulence over. And the erd tree is connected to the greater will and the two fingers. As the new crimson seed talisman shows two fingers wrapped around a golden seed. Implying that the golden seed of the erd tree was given by the two fingers. That's why the universe is a microcosm in the greater wills pov. it's so powerful that it has already created several other universes, so to something of that power and divinity one would be just a microcosm.

anyways thats why I think. curious to hear your guys interpertations.

microcosm
Doesn’t strictly have to mean miniature universe, ya.

Hell, even the word itself has multiple meanings as shown in a dictionary as microcosm in general can mean a small world or some other things.

Even in Japanese, it has multiple meanings/interpretation so it ain’t exclusive to being a universe. Just ranging from planet to galaxies alone will done the trick

The one from the Rennala boss fight? I'm pretty sure it was agreed that one was just an illusion and not an actual realm.
I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that a primeval sorcerer created the dark moon or something along the lines of that. I don't remember off the top of my head and don't really care to go looking for it at the moment.

Doesn’t strictly have to mean miniature universe, ya.

Hell, even the word itself has multiple meanings as shown in a dictionary as microcosm in general can mean a small world or some other things.

Even in Japanese, it has multiple meanings/interpretation so it ain’t exclusive to being a universe. Just ranging from planet to galaxies alone will done the trick
ay that is true, I do still think however because of all the other space imagery and such it's far beyond a solar system or super nova bare minimum. couple galaxies I could settle with(not really, my agenda must go on/s)

Regardless, Low 2-C would only be for the GW and possibly the Frenzied Flame should it be applied
Again, I don’t think any of the texts has specifically mentioned space time. At best, it will been merely implications for it.

So it is more like a “possibly” rating rather than other things

Isn’t it general knowledge that the Greater Will created everything? Thus making it whatever the Tier Elden Ring cosmology is?

Isn’t it general knowledge that the Greater Will created everything? Thus making it whatever the Tier Elden Ring cosmology is?
As far as I am aware, there are different interpretations of the evidence provided as always been the case for Fromsoft intentionally making things vague when it comes to lore stuff.

However, just out of curiosity, is that actually the case of Greater Will actually created everything?

I think we gonna need a review of all available evidence in regards to the Greater Will as I can see this from the Elden Star description.

This legendary incantation is the most ancient of those that derive from the Erdtree.

Creates a stream of golden shooting stars that assail the area.

It is said that long ago,
the Greater Will sent a golden star bearing a beast into the Lands Between,
which would later become the Elden Ring.”

Edit; Never mind, I overlook Hyetta’s dialogue regarding that part specifically

Last edited:
I'd say finding anything implying the Elden Beast's dimension creation feat is a universe and not just a 4-A realm is the easiest way to prove Low 2-C Elden Ring

I'd say finding anything implying the Elden Beast's dimension creation feat is a universe and not just a 4-A realm is the easiest way to prove Low 2-C Elden Ring
Ehh EB's realm is pretty vague and Esoteric. I dont know why we are even arguing over it though,

The current descriptions on the profiles already implies Low 2-C, it says 'The Elden Ring controls stars' this is like the LEAST of the ER's function.

It is literally the Microcosmic order that defines the Macrocosmic order of all of reality, every function and system in the entire world (not just the tiny area of the lands between) this is literally confirmed in an interview with Miyazaki. Saying 'ER controls the stars' is such a huge downplay.

Elden Ring is the name given to a mysterious concept that defines the world itself.

As the trailer at the conference implied, this “Elden Ring” has been shattered. The significance of this will be one of the important themes of the game.

That’s about all I can say at this point in time (laughter)

The Elden Ring defines the world itself. Any distinction or definition whatsoever is defined by it, including all of the concepts that define reality normally like life/death etc. Limiting it to 'controls the stars' is a hilarious downplay

…. I will say this clip as well.

World doesn’t strictly mean universe or even Low 2C here.

Not to mention this interview was taken place before Elden Ring was actually officially released IIRC so yeah, let’s not kid ourselves with that

…. I will say this clip as well.

World doesn’t strictly mean universe or even Low 2C here.

Assuming the Elden Ring doesn't define the space and time of the lands between is silly. It is the embodiment of order itself. If your only contention here is the size of the space it defines then sure but if we consider the Microcosm/Macrocosm lore (the universe is the microcosm and the great beyond is the macrocosm) then yeh this would just be straight up Low 2-C at minimum.

To say the ER only defines 'the world' whatever the lands between are is to ignore entirely the philosophical concepts at play in the game. The Microcosm of the body of a person is reflected in the macrocosm of the universe. The Elden Ring defines the universe itself (whatever that means in ER)
Not to mention this interview was taken place before Elden Ring was actually officially released IIRC so yeah, let’s not kid ourselves with that
How does this change at all the function of the ER? it literally functions exactly as he describes it in the interview... the age of the interview isn't relevant whatsoever?

Last edited:
Assuming the Elden Ring doesn't define the space and time of the lands between is silly. It is the embodiment of order itself. If your only contention here is the size of the space it defines then sure but if we consider the Microcosm/Macrocosm lore (the universe is the microcosm and the great beyond is the macrocosm) then yeh this would just be straight up Low 2-C at minimum.
Based on what? Again, the evidence we got here is from two separate NPC’s dialogue that speaks nothing of space time being involved and is nowhere mentioned in the dialogue. We don’t even know if that actually includes a universe which mind you, we can get a universal rating if it does involve an actual universe. 3A since it still involves all 3D elements

As I mentioned earlier, none of the text has ever brought up space time in any specific manner. At best, it is a mere implication and that is it

Elden Ring is the name given to a mysterious concept that defines the world itself.

As the trailer at the conference implied, this “Elden Ring” has been shattered. The significance of this will be one of the important themes of the game.

That’s about all I can say at this point in time (laughter)

The Elden Ring defines the world itself. Any distinction or definition whatsoever is defined by it, including all of the concepts that define reality normally like life/death etc. Limiting it to 'controls the stars' is a hilarious downplay
Based I'm down for 3A elden ring. Although I'm not sure about low 2C since only Placidusaxes scales have time warping properties from what we know.

Based I'm down for 3A elden ring. Although I'm not sure about low 2C since only Placidusaxes scales have time warping properties from what we know.
I mean sure, but I feel like assuming the ER doesn't define time and space is more of a leap then assuming it does but thats just me. Being the physical embodiment of the order that defines all concepts is Low 2-C anyway

even then, it is more of a localized hax thing since it seems to affect Farum Azula only and nowhere else for the surrounding landmasses

I mean sure, but I feel like assuming the ER doesn't define time and space is more of a leap then assuming it does but thats just me. Being the physical embodiment of the order that defines all concepts is Low 2-C anyway
I don’t recall it defines all concepts as that wasn’t confirmed.

If that was true, we might as well have it already in that case.

Again, it is your interpretation on the evidence as well.

Is there anything we can string together from the laws of regression and causality because both of them seem to imply that the ER does impose rules on reality.

Is there anything we can string together from the laws of regression and causality because both of them seem to imply that the ER does impose rules on reality.

"The rings that you’re looking at in the logo are not so much a representation of those factions, as you put it, but more a representation of the law of the world, the rules and the order. This Golden Order is something that the Elden Ring may have once represented, but not directly. It’s more about how you apply those rules and how you enforce them on the physical world and what effects they have on it. So it’s more the influence of these demigods that existed a long time before and how they applied these concepts of order and discipline. That’s what’s being represented by the Elden ring and these overlapping intersecting rings. It gets a little bit more complicated than that, but I’ll leave it there for now [smiles]."

Apparently this came from this interview here:

Again, never brought up universe. Just world as well.

Don’t think we get anything else other than as I look into this.

Literally posted the interview with Miyazaki where he says it does.

Yes Elden Ring is downplayed on this wiki

I mean so is 99% of ER lore
He didn’t say all concepts. He specifically says “concepts of order and discipline”. The complete opposite of what you actually claim, my man.

Either way, though, this leaves more questions if it truly involves the whole universe as well

Last edited:
Literally posted the interview with Miyazaki where he says it does.

Yes Elden Ring is downplayed on this wiki

I mean so is 99% of ER lore
What? We literally trying to use interpretations of the evidence shown in NPC’s dialogues and item descriptions provided to us so this isn’t a proper refutation as well

Because they're orderly concepts that divide and distinguish people from the "chaos" (indistinctness) of the One Great..?
You do realize that help my argument right?

It never say anything about all concepts and stuff. Just concepts of order and discipline in an interview if I gonna been quite frank with you here.

Also Chaos being the opposite of Discipline and Order isn’t something to write home about either

You do realize that help my argument right?

It never say anything about all concepts and stuff. Just concepts of order and discipline in an interview if I gonna been quite frank with you here.

Also Chaos being the opposite of Discipline and Order isn’t something to write home about either
My brother Inshallah, you arent reading what we saying.

My brother Inshallah, you arent reading what we saying.
My dude, that is the issue here. We are in complete disagreements over what the dialogue from two separate NPCs says.

I literally already gone over the evidence and I don’t find it significant enough for that matter especially when it is not a solid case.

So I being quite frank on disagreement. Heavily emphasized on disagreement

Back