• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Am I the only guy who didn't find Radahn that hard. Like he's epic for sure, but I beat him in one go prior to the updates to his boss fight. 😭
Yeah, he was too big of a target to be hit by most of the time, and I already leveled a lot of points into vigor and strength.

speaking of strength, I need a strength based curved sword / curved greatsword

Am I the only guy who didn't find Radahn that hard. Like he's epic for sure, but I beat him in one go prior to the updates to his boss fight. 😭
He was that hard honestly but I always felt the fight was more intense and he was stronger and faster pre-patch. Now he still hits hard but but less so and he feels slower

Yeah, he was too big of a target to be hit by most of the time, and I already leveled a lot of points into vigor and strength.

speaking of strength, I need a strength based curved sword / curved greatsword
I think it might be that. I have like, a chronic addiction to over levelling and I was like level 50+ when I fought him.

I want to make another playthrough outside of my main character. Except this time

9a9.png

Well like all enemies it depends a bit on leveling. I don't think Radahn is that hard honestly. I never did. I didn't reply earlier but nah I wasn't referring to pre-patch Radahn either. Tbh my wishes are too extreme but I do kinda wish he was a 3 phase. Or even a way to access a fight with Radahn in his prime, idk. Radahn is just such a cool character he feels almost, underwhelming sometimes. I feel the same way about Morgott especially, one of my favorite bosses in the game thematically and mechanically, his moves are so cool, but Morgott is a joke difficulty wise. Sure the Margit fight helps you out due to experience but even without that I don't think he'd be very hard.
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMP
Not false 😭

1. Melina 2. Ranni 3. Rya 4. Roderika 5. Hyetta (human version) 6. Malenia (would be 1 tbh but rot) 7. Rennala (bat-shit insane)

0. Miquella

0. Miquella
💀

In terms of favourite female character in this game, my favourite is weirdly Millicent. Idk, I think her design is cool, and I think she has one of my favourite quests in the game.

Also I feel Melina is just weirdly underwhelming tbh. Like her sacrifice feels like one huge sad moment, but I feel we don't spend enough time with her to truly connect with her character. Idk, I feel like it'd be better if she teleported every time we appear at a site of grace or when she upgraded us, instead of only specific locations. Or maybe help us out with more boss fights. That way, Melina would feel more like an actual companion. Because ngl, at times I completely forgot Melina is tagging along with us.

💀

In terms of favourite female character in this game, my favourite is weirdly Millicent. Idk, I think her design is cool, and I think she has one of my favourite quests in the game.

Also I feel Melina is just weirdly underwhelming tbh. Like her sacrifice feels like one huge sad moment, but I feel we don't spend enough time with her to truly connect with her character. Idk, I feel like it'd be better if she teleported every time we appear at a site of grace or when she upgraded us, instead of only specific locations. Or maybe help us out with more boss fights. That way, Melina would feel more like an actual companion. Because ngl, at times I completely forgot Melina is tagging along with us.
😭(Ngl I strongly believe there'll be an ending where player Tarnished consorts Miquella)

Forgot Millicent arguably top 3 or 4.

I agree 100%. For one of the most important characters in the game she does nothing besides give Torrent and burn big tree.

😭(Ngl I strongly believe there'll be an ending where player Tarnished consorts Miquella)
It's gonna be so weird if he's in his child form dawg

Top 5 for me would probably be:
1. Millicent
2. Malenia
3. Sellen (******* shady as shit and I love it lmfao)
4. Rya
5. Ranni

Melina is like a 6

I agree 100%. For one of the most important characters in the game she does nothing besides give Torrent and burn big tree.
I will say she's the best soulsborne maiden imo. Like straight up threatens to beat your ass if you go after the frenzied flame. She was so real for that.

💀

Millicent is easily in my top 3. Her quest is one of the best in the game, especially since you can do it whenever you want even after the end of the game if you decide to, her design is really cool, her acting is good, her backstory good to. Frankly, it's the only quest I doubt I would do in a fully evil run because I can't see myself betraying her

By comparison, I don't have a problem killing Boc (I haven't done it but I've watched the scene on YT, the acting is truly guy-wrenching but oh well, at least he won't be there when I'll burn everything with madness) and I'm more than willing to let Melina burn herself then go visiting the Frenzied Flame so there's no ray of hope after that. And if you ask, yes I sent people to Iosefka's clinic in Bloodborne. Knowingly. :)

It's gonna be so weird if he's in his child form dawg

Top 5 for me would probably be:
1. Millicent
2. Malenia
3. Sellen (******* shady as shit and I love it lmfao)
4. Rya
5. Ranni

Melina is like a 6

I will say she's the best soulsborne maiden imo. Like straight up threatens to beat your ass if you go after the frenzied flame. She was so real for that.
I'm pretty confident that he doesn't look like a kid by our standards. In the first image for the DLC we see him riding Torrent and he's 100% the size of an adult and other in-universe depictions of him seem to be an adult sized man too. St. Trina who is just his alter ego is generally seen as a woman rather than a girl. But the last sort of nail in the coffin for me is that there does seem to be implications that Miquella might view us in "that" way. Again, the whole "awaiting the return of his promised Lord" thing. That wording tends to imply a more intimate relationship. Ranni even says "So it was thou, who would become my Lord" towards the end of her questline. Miquella definitely won't be serving us either so the other context is out the window.

I think it's just that he is stuck in a kid form by Demi-God standards/his own standards. But to us he'd look like a grown (feminine) man probably. Mohg still a freak tho.

Millicent is easily in my top 3. Her quest is one of the best in the game, especially since you can do it whenever you want even after the end of the game if you decide to, her design is really cool, her acting is good, her backstory good to. Frankly, it's the only quest I doubt I would do in a fully evil run because I can't see myself betraying her

By comparison, I don't have a problem killing Boc (I haven't done it but I've watched the scene on YT, the acting is truly guy-wrenching but oh well, at least he won't be there when I'll burn everything with madness) and I'm more than willing to let Melina burn herself then go visiting the Frenzied Flame so there's no ray of hope after that. And if you ask, yes I sent people to Iosefka's clinic in Bloodborne. Knowingly. :)
I wish there was a secret interaction or ending if you did the route that allows you to save Melina. I guess the canonical explanation would probably be that Melina forgives you but still doesn't want to speak to you ever again. But that seems lazy to me. Could've at least had a little bit of dialogue from her like "Ok I see why you did it now but I still hate you and we're not friends".

I'm pretty confident that he doesn't look like a kid by our standards. In the first image for the DLC we see him riding Torrent and he's 100% the size of an adult and other in-universe depictions of him seem to be an adult sized man too. St. Trina who is just his alter ego is generally seen as a woman rather than a girl. But the last sort of nail in the coffin for me is that there does seem to be implications that Miquella might view us in "that" way. Again, the whole "awaiting the return of his promised Lord" thing. That wording tends to imply a more intimate relationship. Ranni even says "So it was thou, who would become my Lord".

I think it's just that he is stuck in a kid form by Demi-God standards/his own standards. But to us he'd look like a grown (feminine) man probably. Mohg still a freak tho.
The statues in the Haligtree seem to be very child-like honestly. Considering the same statue also depict Malenia with her wounds wide opened for anyone to witness, it's fair to say these statues are meant to depict what they both actually looked like and not some idolized version of them

The statues in the Haligtree seem to be very child-like honestly. Considering the same statue also depict Malenia with her wounds wide opened for anyone to witness, it's fair to say these statues are meant to depict what they both actually looked like and not some idolized version of them
I thought that at one point too. But then I realized that Malenia is around 8 feet tall. She legit towers over the Tarnished side-by-side. Miquella would actually be comparable to the Tarnished in height using those statues. I mean the very statue of Miquella itself is actually similar in size to the Tarnished right there.

I wish there was a secret interaction or ending if you did the route that allows you to save Melina. I guess the canonical explanation would probably be that Melina forgives you but still doesn't want to speak to you ever again. But that seems lazy to me. Could've at least had a little bit of dialogue from her like "Ok I see why you did it now but I still hate you and we're not friends".
Sad to say but maybe simply developer oversight. It happens even with the best.

In-universe, the idea is probably that taking the Frenzied Flame in itself, even if you decide to purge yourself afterwards, is so inherently vile and horrific that there's no possible forgiveness. Remember that she apparently doesn't have a problem with you siding with the Dung Eater despite...well, everything about him, indicating that, from her point of view, this is a valid solution (at least more valid than Mohg and Rykard), yet the instant you even think about going to meet the Three Fingers, she starts repeatedly telling you to NOT go there and by the time you reach the door, she's basically on the verge of a panic attack and begging you not to go through with it. So if after all those warnings, all those signs that the Frenzied Flame is (possibly with the Formless Mother given how the Mother seems incredibly sadistic and murder-happy even for Outer Gods) ER's absolute evil (you easily come across servants of the FF and people affected by its power long before you even reach Leyndell after all and it's not pretty), you still decide to meet them and take the power, then what you do after doesn't matter, you're just irredeemable to her.

That and Melina wanted to sacrifice herself, it was her desire, the duty she believed in and we robbed it from her out of what can be seen as selfish desire.

I thought that at one point too. But then I realized that Malenia is around 8 feet tall. She legit towers over the Tarnished side-by-side. Miquella would actually be comparable to the Tarnished in height using those statues. I mean the very statue of Miquella itself is actually similar in size to the Tarnished right there.
Tbh the statues never depict her standing (I also remember a statue depicting a woman who is heavily implied if not outright confirmed to be Marika embracing a child I suppose to be Miquella)

Sad to say but maybe simply developer oversight. It happens even with the best.

In-universe, the idea is probably that taking the Frenzied Flame in itself, even if you decide to purge yourself afterwards, is so inherently vile and horrific that there's no possible forgiveness. Remember that she apparently doesn't have a problem with you siding with the Dung Eater despite...well, everything about him, indicating that, from her point of view, this is a valid solution, yet the instant you even think about going to meet the Three Fingers, she starts repeatedly telling you to NOT go there and by the time you reach the door, she's basically panicking and begging you not to go through with it. So if after all those warnings, all those signs that the Frenzied Flame is (possibly with the Formless Mother) ER's absolute evil (you easily come across servants of the FF and people affected by its power long before you even reach Leyndell after all), you still decide to go and meet them, then what you do after doesn't matter, you're just irredeemable to her.

That and Melina wanted to sacrifice herself, it was her desire, the duty she believed in and we robbed it from her out of what can be seen as selfish desire.
Fair enough. I forgot how when you side with the Dung Eater and carry on his horrible will, she's just like "🗿Eternal suffering and despair on all living beings to teach them a painful lesson? Ok. This works." but you go and want to destroy the world and suddenly you're vile and irredeemable. Far as I'm concerned the FF ending is better but I guess it's a matter of perspective. Or maybe the FF is even worse than we realize. This is partly why I wish they kept Kale's questline in the game as it actually gave some reasonable incentive to do it.

And yeah it's definitely selfish to intentionally rob Melina of her one purpose. Even if we could get around it without the Frenzied Flame I'm still not sure she'd be okay with it. She existed pretty much just to do that.
Tbh the statues never depict her standing (I also remember a statue depicting a woman who is heavily implied if not outright confirmed to be Marika embracing a child I suppose to be Miquella)
Who? Malenia? It's easy to eyeball how tall they'd be compared to each other standing up imo.

For the Marika one, this is what you're referring to.

8eqqwhapgca91.png

Malenia and Miquella are there and Marika is just massive. She dwarfs Malenia who in turn dwarfs Miquella and the Tarnished. Miquella actually seems closer to Malenia's height in this one.

Miquella is portrayed in a child-like way in these statues don't get me wrong. But again I think that's the point. That by Demi-God/God standards, he does look like a kid in comparison. He looks like a younger sibling of Malenia who in turn looks like a child compared to their mother. In reality that's because all Demi-Gods and Gods are giants compared to normal people. Even Hoarah Loux who is a Tarnished is an absolute behemoth. We know that Radahn was around Morgott's size in his youth, and at least small enough for Torrent to carry him around on a battlefield, whereas now Radahn is literally bigger than my house.

Everyone is 8-feet tall in comparison to the Tarnished's 5'7 ass. FromSoft hasn't updated the player character heights in who knows how long.

To be fair, the demigods in general are far larger than normal humans. It's fair to assume that a demigod child is probably pretty big.

Even Ranni in her old body is much taller than the Tarnished. And her old body was the smallest demigod body besides Miquella.

To be fair, the demigods in general are far larger than normal humans. It's fair to assume that a demigod child is probably pretty big.

Even Ranni in her old body is much taller than the Tarnished. And her old body was the smallest demigod body besides Miquella.
Yeah exactly.

Well anyways we'll learn when the DLC gets here. 4 months will go by real fast.

Fair enough. I forgot how when you side with the Dung Eater and carry on his horrible will, she's just like "🗿Eternal suffering and despair on all living beings to teach them a painful lesson? Ok. This works." but you go and want to destroy the world and suddenly you're vile and irredeemable. Far as I'm concerned the FF ending is better but I guess it's a matter of perspective. Or maybe the FF is even worse than we realize. This is partly why I wish they kept Kale's questline in the game as it actually gave some reasonable incentive to do it.
I guess the argument can be made that at least with the Dung Eater, order can be restored, someone might still be able to save things up one day and most of all there's still something left. With the FF, it's a definitive game over. Nothing remains so no chance at being better. Just complete oblivion.

Though in all honesty, there's no real good option there. The Goldmask ending is the only one we can surely describe as good since now even the gods will be accountable for their actions and can't play with people like they did. Outside of this, none of the options left are truly positive.

• Age of Fracture: The GO is restored and you become Elden Lord. You might be able to change how the Order does things since you're in command now but the LB are still under their thumb and there's no guarantee they won't continue to enforce prejudice and a tyrannic system.
  • Age of Duskborn: Seemingly one of the most positive as Those Who Live in Death won't be prejudiced anymore and death is a part of the natural cycle of life which doesn't sound that bad. But considering what happened to Godwyn, nothing says it won't come with a truck load of problems for the living.
  • Age of Stars: Ranni takes over and destroys the GO. People are freed from the Order's tyranny but Ranni leaves with you and her new order and the LB are left to their own device and fend for themselves without guidance, probably resulting in chaos. And now the Dark Moon is the supreme deity in the world and while it might not be interested in directly ruling, it's also responsible for abominations like Astels who could go rampant now that the LB are under the Moon's domain. Not to mention the only people who can truly exploit the stars's powers are the sorcerers of Raya Lucaria, who sociopathic to the extreme.
  • Blessing of Despair: You follow the Dung Eater and enable his curse to spread to the whole world. Souls can't return to the Erdtree, future generations will automatically be born with the curse and depending on the interpretation, they're either reborn as Omens (which on the bright side will mean no more prejudice against them) or will suffer for all eternity. Only ray of hope is that at least something will remain and it's possible that someone might change things.
  • Frenzied Flame: The end. You become the Lord of Chaos, avatar of the Flame, the Erdtree explodes, the LB and the whole world is destroyed. Best case scenario, you allowed a primordial being who was "injustly" killed by the Greater Will to be restored like Hyetta said, worst case scenario the Frenzied Flame tricked her, there's no primal being and the Flame is just an omnicidal maniac entity. Regardless, there's nothing left of the current world anyway. Only saving grace is if Melina survived. Which means she will try to kill you. Assuming you didn't let her burn herself at the Forge.

Last edited:
Other options:

• Scarlet Rot: The whole world is infected by a plague that (at best) horrifically mutates you into a putrid corpse-like creature that finds living as an infectee beautiful or (at worst) fuses you with the ground and slowly kills you and regardless, you die painfully losing your mind and rotting away or become a bulbous, grotesque mass of fungus-like flesh growing into the blighted countryside while still conscious. Somehow, you might find a new enlightened existence and twisted sense of peace in your new existence and you still exist as a true being even if different and entirely dedicated to spreading the Rot.
  • Rykard: You get literally devored by a mad demigod turned into a...serpent/centiped monstruous abomination who literally wants to devour the gods themselves (implied to be Outer Gods) and ultimately the whole world. All that would be left would be a giant snake writing through space and time.
  • Mohg: You follow a psychopathic incestuous evil sorcerer and ped****** who leads a cult of mass murderers dedicated to a deity obsessed with murder, death, torture and wounds. The best you can hope for is to become one of the murderers themselves, which involves becoming a maso*** psycho who kills as many people as possible, the other options being tortured, brainwashed and experimented on to be infected by blood powers that makes you suffer when you uses them and that you might not even be able to control. The world would still exist but as a slaughterhouse dedicated to a sadistic maso*** goddess. Which might be worse than the Despair ending.

Last edited:
8eqqwhapgca91.png

Malenia and Miquella are there and Marika is just massive. She dwarfs Malenia who in turn dwarfs Miquella and the Tarnished. Miquella actually seems closer to Malenia's height in this one.
That's probably Godwyn.

There was a video going over it and basically the statue's hairstyle is different from Marika's.

Back