• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Apparently the Wicker Man type boss has the head of a Fire Giant hanging from its waist. And a Dragon head somewhere around there as well...

I hope that's a smaller Fire Giant cause that Wicker Man might end up crashing the game if it's that bag.

Lmfao.

Might as well give him Resistance to Madness Manipulation and Death Manipulation too. He's likely as immune to Madness and Death Blight as the others.

Also, I haven't kept up with ER scaling. Do we use Renalla's Domain Expansion for anything?
"Domain Expansioni: Ocean of the Full Moon"

Anyways no iirc it is considered an illusion. Rennala doesn't even make it, it was a an automated trap set by Ranni. Though if it was a real realm, we don't know if they made it or anything. Just too vague.

Seems like Messmer was foreshadowed in the Weeping Peninsula. A spirit there speaks of Marika's unwanted child, and this location is very close to the "Impaler's Catacombs". Messmer is called "Messmer the Impaler". We also know that the lore for this DLC is based on already written lore from George R. R. Martin too so it's no shocker.

Huge info here and some neat theories and detail analyzations. Apparently there will be a new attack power mechanic inspired by Sekiro. If it's not working just go to Vaati's channel.

Yeah idk for some reason the video isn't loading for me but go to Vaati's channel and watch it for sure it's a really good analysis and has some information from interviews that aren't very popular atm.

Also he pointed out something really cool. We now know that the blonde person from the original teaser is Miquella (who is the size of an adult human btw not a little kid so that whole thing with the curse of youth is probably more by Demi-God standards, by human standards he probably looks like a grown adult), who is blatantly riding Torrent. He pointed out that in the original scene where we meet Ranni, who by the way, uses a strange ethereal mist to make Kale fall asleep, she gives us the Spirit Calling Bell and the 3 wolves summon, saying that it is a gift from Torrent's former master. But it doesn't make sense for this to be Malenia. For all we know Malenia has no connection to Ranni, and moreover...like, why not just give it to us herself, and not to mention it's not really implied that Malenia was actually Torrent's master, so much as just had him until it was time to give him to the Tarnished who would become Elden Lord. Kind of like the difference between me borrowing someone's car and owning that car. I think that Miquella was Torrent's former master and gave Ranni the Spirit Calling Bell for when she would meet his "promised Lord", who he knew would receive Torrent from Malenia.

If true, this is SOOOOOOOO cool. It literally means that Miquella has been helping us since the VERY, BEGINNING, of the game, because he knows that we are the key to whatever his goals are.

God I cannot wait for the DLC to drop the lore is gonna be so insane.

Honestly one of the most interesting things to me is what we need to do to access the DLC. Even before any interviews or the trailer it was obvious you needed to have at least found and killed Mohg since he's the one guarding the cocoon and Miquella's arm, but it's really interesting that you also need to have killed Radahn as well. Why out of all the bosses besides Mohg is it him that needs to be killed? Minds going crazy thinking of all the ways he's connected to this, by holding back the stars and Rannis fate was he also affecting Miquella's fate? Whole holding back the stars was he also preventing the eclipse Miqeulla wanted to happen (I know it's a popular theory that the reason Malenia went to fight him was so the eclipse could happen).

I know it's a popular theory that the reason Malenia went to fight him was so the eclipse could happen
I'm more on the side of the theory that says somehow, Malenia learned Miquella was somewhere close to the future Aeonia Swamp yet couldn't locate him precisely and thought Radahn had something to do with his disappearence but yeah, it's a popular one and not a bad one

Honestly one of the most interesting things to me is what we need to do to access the DLC. Even before any interviews or the trailer it was obvious you needed to have at least found and killed Mohg since he's the one guarding the cocoon and Miquella's arm, but it's really interesting that you also need to have killed Radahn as well. Why out of all the bosses besides Mohg is it him that needs to be killed? Minds going crazy thinking of all the ways he's connected to this, by holding back the stars and Rannis fate was he also affecting Miquella's fate? Whole holding back the stars was he also preventing the eclipse Miqeulla wanted to happen (I know it's a popular theory that the reason Malenia went to fight him was so the eclipse could happen).
Yeah it's odd.

I remember that there's an old deleted thing from the game that suggests originally there would've been a crater in Radahn's boss arena taking you to Mohgwyn Palace after defeating Radahn. Implying that a "falling star" would've landed there and made an entry-way. Could be related, perhaps?

I'm also wondering if killing Malenia will effect the events of the DLC. It's clear that Miquella does sincerely care about Melania. A lot. So I don't think he'd be very stoked if we killed her. But maybe he'll understand the circumstance.

I'm still wondering if we'll get more of Marika in the DLC. Apparently, the Realm of Shadows is where she appeared first in the LB, plus Messmer is one of her children and is heavily implied to be the "unwanted child" mentionned by the ghost in the Impaler dungeon so it could be interesting to learn more about her, heck maybe make a proper appearence, in a flashback or something similar, like a projection like Rennala.

I also hope we'll have access to new sorcereries

I'm still wondering if we'll get more of Marika in the DLC. Apparently, the Realm of Shadows is where she appeared first in the LB, plus Messmer is one of her children and is heavily implied to be the "unwanted child" mentionned by the ghost in the Impaler dungeon so it could be interesting to learn more about her, heck maybe make a proper appearence, in a flashback or something similar, like a projection like Rennala.

Yeah I imagine he's kind of a Morgott case but might have taken a different approach.

The Land of Shadows is also where she became a god and the Erdtree was born, so if nothing else I'd expect to learn a lot more about how that works and how she built the Golden Order.

I'll have to replay the game a bit before the DLC comes out, I kind of remember I started NG+ but I didn't come that far, I still have to defeat Mohg and Radahn (unless I didn't start anything in which case I'll simply replay just to train but I'll have to check)

Or I start a new playthrough but I really want to do the DLC with my Odin character anyway

Last edited:
I'll have to replay the game a bit before the DLC comes out, I kind of remember I started NG+ but I didn't come that far, I still have to defeat Mohg and Radahn (unless I didn't start anything in which case I'll simply replay just to train but I'll have to check)

Or I start a new playthrough but I really want to do the DLC with my Odin character anyway
Yeah I'll do some training as well to get back into the mechanics. Though if we are gonna be able to use the same Tarnished with the same equipment in the Land of Shadows I'll probably be overleveled and destroy everything anyways. That's what being max level with all items does lmao.

Defeated Radahn yesterday, reached the Forbidden Lands. Went from lvl 178 to 185. Today, I'll try to get the two halves of the item to get to the Snowfield (which means going through Niall...🖕him) and defeat Mohg. Also I'll get some Great Runes and to Rennala to be able to respec. Maybe try to go the Haligtree just to level up and get some numen runes to take some levels to

Defeated Radahn yesterday, reached the Forbidden Lands. Went from lvl 178 to 185. Today, I'll try to get the two halves of the item to get to the Snowfield (which means going through Niall...🖕him) and defeat Mohg. Also I'll get some Great Runes and to Rennala to be able to respec. Maybe try to go the Haligtree just to level up and get some numen runes to take some levels to
I don't have much ways to progress but I know there'll be ways to get stronger in the DLC. Though I'm a bit worried about defense I might need to just become Let Me Solo Her or something cause even late-game in vanilla ER I get two-shot or three-shot by everything already so xd.

Hm...I wonder. Maybe they'll increase the level cap?

Of course, I might just play on a new character.

I don't have much ways to progress but I know there'll be ways to get stronger in the DLC. Though I'm a bit worried about defense I might need to just become Let Me Solo Her or something cause even late-game in vanilla ER I get two-shot or three-shot by everything already so xd.
Welcome to the Glass Cannon group XD Personally I almost obliterate everything but I go down in four shots at best lol
Hm...I wonder. Maybe they'll increase the level cap?
Maybe. Can't remember if it was the case for the Old Hunters in Bloodborne though, in all fairness I was more focused on surviving and defeating the boss
Of course, I might just play on a new character.
Thought about it but like I said, I really want to play with my Odin character and I had pretty much everything with him, even Malenia. So if I make a "new character", it'll just be the same but for the sake of avoiding the DLC to be too hard due to NG+. Considering I did almost everything on my Odin playthrough, including Ranni's quest, Fia's quest, the Haligtree, etc, that would mean going through it all over again even if I choose to no go through Malenia. Btw, I wonder if we'll have different dialogues and interactions with Miquella based on if we defeated Malenia or not.

Welcome to the Glass Cannon group XD Personally I almost obliterate everything but I go down in four shots at best lol

Maybe. Can't remember if it was the case for the Old Hunters in Bloodborne though, in all fairness I was more focused on surviving and defeating the boss

Thought about it but like I said, I really want to play with my Odin character and I had pretty much everything with him, even Malenia. So if I make a "new character", it'll just be the same but for the sake of avoiding the DLC to be too hard due to NG+. Considering I did almost everything on my Odin playthrough, including Ranni's quest, Fia's quest, the Haligtree, etc, that would mean going through it all over again even if I choose to no go through Malenia. Btw, I wonder if we'll have different dialogues and interactions with Miquella based on if we defeated Malenia or not.
Fair.

And yeah that's what I'm wondering. I'm getting my main Tarnished ready for the DLC and I'm not going to have Malenia dead on this run. In fact only Godrick and Rennala. I'll have Mohg and Radahn ready to be killed but not yet. Not only do I wanna be sure I don't miss out on anything but also it'd be a good warm-up to fight two tough bosses before I jump in. Melania in particular I especially wanna keep alive as she might be important.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miquella has different paths to his questline. One as an ally and one as an enemy. And perhaps, the only way to make him an ally is to not kill Malenia. We'll see though.

Fair.

And yeah that's what I'm wondering. I'm getting my main Tarnished ready for the DLC and I'm not going to have Malenia dead on this run. In fact only Godrick and Rennala. I'll have Mohg and Radahn ready to be killed but not yet. Not only do I wanna be sure I don't miss out on anything but also it'd be a good warm-up to fight two tough bosses before I jump in. Melania in particular I especially wanna keep alive as she might be important.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miquella has different paths to his questline. One as an ally and one as an enemy. And perhaps, the only way to make him an ally is to not kill Malenia. We'll see though.
"miss out anything" related to the DLC or the main game? Cause outside of beating Radahn and Mohg, I didn't hear about specific requirements

I'm also going to keep myself from fighting Malenia, through mostly because I want to avoid fighting her on NG+, straight game boss fight was already a nightmare, even worse than Orphan of Kos for me

Welp I've defeated Mohg, I'm level 193 with more than 28k runes to get another level and a bit more than 21k runes left, I've also activated Godrick and Morgott's runes and defeated Rykard. Now all that's left is waiting for the DLC and maybe unlock Radahn's Great Rune and maybe Rykard's just for the sake of it

"miss out anything" related to the DLC or the main game? Cause outside of beating Radahn and Mohg, I didn't hear about specific requirements

I'm also going to keep myself from fighting Malenia, through mostly because I want to avoid fighting her on NG+, straight game boss fight was already a nightmare, even worse than Orphan of Kos for me
Well tbh I'm pretty confident that the DLC will also change things in the Lands Between. I predict that like over 90% of the DLC will just be in the Realm of Shadow but there'll be some significant changes in the overworld game. Possibly even after the main events of the DLC are resolved. It's not impossible that there'll be a choice to take Miquella's spirit and revive him in the base game, where the rest of the DLC's events could play out.

For me Malenia is a joke at this point but I'll keep her around just in case she effects any events in the DLC. I'm even ready to do Millicent's questline just in case.

Imagine if you can make Malenia an ally or even summon her to help if you ally yourself with Miquella. That'd be so sick.

Well tbh I'm pretty confident that the DLC will also change things in the Lands Between. I predict that like over 90% of the DLC will just be in the Realm of Shadow but there'll be some significant changes in the overworld game. Possibly even after the main events of the DLC are resolved. It's not impossible that there'll be a choice to take Miquella's spirit and revive him in the base game, where the rest of the DLC's events could play out.
Possibly, would be interesting to show
For me Malenia is a joke at this point but I'll keep her around just in case she effects any events in the DLC. I'm even ready to do Millicent's questline just in case.
Funny thing is that Orphan of Kos was insanely hard but it took me ten tries at worst. Malenia went over 50 tries. WITH the maxed out summon, staff, items and Magic

Back