• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I think I figured out a way for at least the Legendary Ash Spirits to scale to the Tarnished to some extent. The game goes out of it's way to distinguish these Spirits as the Cream of the Crop and considering this group includes monsters like Finlay (solo carried Malenia all the way back fo the Haligtree after being one of the very few to have even survived Aeonia in the first place), Tiche (Alecto's daughter and one of the Black Knives that helped kill Godwyn as well as made enough of a distraction for the rest of the Black Knives to escape Leyndell afterwards), Ohga (literally trained in the exact same Gravity Magic as Radahn and even trained with him as the OG Redmane Knight) and the Mimic Tear (it's literally Ditto) that doesn't surprise me. In any case, they should be above the other Ash Spirits in Elden Ring via their Lore, which should include Rennala/Ranni's Ash Spirits she has that can hurt the Tarnished in Rennala's Second Phase.

L2EdVeY.png

these two things are not built the same, silence.
89395_squid-beak-mimic_bnxac8_630m.jpg

They've even both got the lil' skin around the beak

I think I figured out a way for at least the Legendary Ash Spirits to scale to the Tarnished to some extent. The game goes out of it's way to distinguish these Spirits as the Cream of the Crop and considering this group includes monsters like Finlay (solo carried Malenia all the way back fo the Haligtree after being one of the very few to have even survived Aeonia in the first place), Tiche (Alecto's daughter and one of the Black Knives that helped kill Godwyn as well as made enough of a distraction for the rest of the Black Knives to escape Leyndell afterwards), Ohga (literally trained in the exact same Gravity Magic as Radahn and even trained with him as the OG Redmane Knight) and the Mimic Tear (it's literally Ditto) that doesn't surprise me. In any case, they should be above the other Ash Spirits in Elden Ring via their Lore, which should include Rennala/Ranni's Ash Spirits she has that can hurt the Tarnished in Rennala's Second Phase.
So what does everyone think about this? I feel like it's fairly important since Summons are a major part of the Tarnished's Arsenal.

Just because they're similar to octopi, doesn't mean they should be scaled to them. Here's 2 different dog breeds ingame. I wouldn't scale them to irl dogs, despite the fact that these are both obviously dogs.
True, true, that's pretty true

But also as long as something has a roughly similar body shape I think upscaling weight is fine, no matter what it's going to be more accurate than trying to calculate the volume geometrically.

Generally? I consider Elden Ring a step above Dark Souls and Bloodborne by sheer feats alone. I mean, the whole star level calc for Souls is really debatable, but we actually see that Radahn was holding back meteors with his sheer will alone.
The monsters we fight in Elden Ring dwarf anything seem in prior games in terms of raw, on-screen displays of power.

Generally? I consider Elden Ring a step above Dark Souls and Bloodborne by sheer feats alone. I mean, the whole star level calc for Souls is really debatable, but we actually see that Radahn was holding back meteors with his sheer will alone.
The monsters we fight in Elden Ring dwarf anything seem in prior games in terms of raw, on-screen displays of power.
Ehhh. While I think that Dark Souls 4-C thing is kinda sus. The Radar feats yields like, 7-A to 6-C, while Dark Souls already has Low 6-B.

Really depends on your opinion of lore and environmental feats as opposed to, say, a big monster breaking a large object. By lore, I think every Souls game has had very strong cosmic implications- the students of the Choir and Mensis were collectively reaching into the beyond and seeing stars explode by their efforts, and Dark Souls has the whole Sun disappearing thing. The only exception is Sekiro, really, which has nothing.

Radahn's feat is more blatant than most, but frankly it's because of the Open World, isn't it. FromSoft was able to show this massive crater caused by one of the bosses- whereas, try though they may with bosses like Nameless King, it is actually quite difficult to display those levels of power in a more compact setting.

Don’t god tiers scale to Low 6-B
Since it’s Nameless who does it or the bell?
Not god tiers, more like high tiers. Nameless, Seath, people like that. Gwyn and the other Lords of Cinder scale to the lights going out.

No but I mean isn’t Nameless going to be treated as a god tier? Since you fight him after Lords of Cinder and stuff

swear there was a CRT for that

Really depends on your opinion of lore and environmental feats as opposed to, say, a big monster breaking a large object. By lore, I think every Souls game has had very strong cosmic implications- the students of the Choir and Mensis were collectively reaching into the beyond and seeing stars explode by their efforts, and Dark Souls has the whole Sun disappearing thing. The only exception is Sekiro, really, which has nothing.

Radahn's feat is more blatant than most, but frankly it's because of the Open World, isn't it. FromSoft was able to show this massive crater caused by one of the bosses- whereas, try though they may with bosses like Nameless King, it is actually quite difficult to display those levels of power in a more compact setting.
And if we take a slight highball, Radahn was preventing the "Stars" from falling on an entire continent.

Wait till the DLC where we fight Miquella who summons both Mohg and Malenia at the same time while he transcend to subjugate the Greater Will, so we'll have 3 phases - 1st just base Miquella, 2nd Miquella with Mohg and Malenia while the 3rd is Miquella, the Apotheosised Empyrean who nukes us with two rune bears.

Honestly I think Bloodborne is the most outright thanks to the Great Ones tbh
I feel kinda eh for that. I kinda don't think Bloodborne seems like an obvious tier 5 and beyond verse.

Especially since the the only tier 5 feat is apparently sus

And if we take a slight highball, Radahn was preventing the "Stars" from falling on an entire continent.
Not even slight, no. You'd have to ignore a rather disturbing amount of context and just read the word "stars". Luckily we don't do that sort of thing, once we've gotten our heads level and our minds cleared up, eh?

I feel kinda eh for that. I kinda don't think Bloodborne seems like an obvious tier 5 and beyond verse.

Especially since the the only tier 5 feat is apparently sus
There's multiple Tier 5s, actually, the current one is just what they scale to. Frankly I think the feat is fine, the game mentions a pulling of the moon in certain lore tidbits, people just argue it could be an illusion since the game has a lot to do with Insight and seeing how things truly are. Not totally convinced by that as the Insight mechanic doesn't reveal the Moon's true state, whereas it does reveal things like eyeball-covered lanterns or the massive Amygdalas watching the city.

Back