• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Radahn
Bayle
Messmer
Midra
Putrescent knight
Romina
Metyr

This is all. They also have pages explaining each of their attacks but I unfortunately couldn't find them, would've been useful especially regarding Metyrs whole black hole and microcosm attacks. Also missing some bosses like Rellana, Gaius, divine Lion and the tree avatar
This implies Romina is on the level of an outer god and straight up says she weaved scarlet rot into existence which is crazy. Though I believe that most of the outer gods aren't as strong as most would believe and simply get there naming sense from coming from somewhere far away. Case and point the outer god of rot getting sealed by the blue dancer back in the day which is who taught Malenia her moves.

This implies Romina is on the level of an outer god and straight up says she weaved scarlet rot into existence which is crazy. Though I believe that most of the outer gods aren't as strong as most would believe and simply get there naming sense from coming from somewhere far away. Case and point the outer god of rot getting sealed by the blue dancer back in the day which is who taught Malenia her moves.
To be fair, that could also imply that the Blue Dancer is insanely cracked.

It doesn't imply she's outright outer god level, just that she was imbued with some of one's power and was capable of using it.

To be fair, that could also imply that the Blue Dancer is insanely cracked.
True. But if that was the case I feel Marika would have taken some notice of her if there was someone who could casually solo the elden beast (If were assuming outer gods are way beyond any normal gods). In my headcannon outer gods are just gods from outside the normal world of elden ring and not some transcendental entities that make all normal God's look like nothing. Now obviously this wouldn't apply to all of them since both the Greater Will and the Friendzied flame have some crazy lore scaling and implications.

It doesn't imply she's outright outer god level, just that she was imbued with some of one's power and was capable of using it.
"Romina was presented with the budding divine energy of an outer god" This can be interpreted both ways but the fact that she straight up weaved scarlet rot into existence afterwards implies the first moreso than the last.

True. But if that was the case I feel Marika would have taken some notice of her if there was someone who could casually solo the elden beast (If were assuming outer gods are way beyond any normal gods). In my headcannon outer gods are just gods from outside the normal world of elden ring and not some transcendental entities that make all normal God's look like nothing. Now obviously this wouldn't apply to all of them since both the Greater Will and the Friendzied flame have some crazy lore scaling and implications.
That's a fair viewpoint.

"Romina was presented with the budding divine energy of an outer god" This can be interpreted both ways but the fact that she straight up weaved scarlet rot into existence afterwards implies the first moreso than the last.
Marika, Malenia, Mohg, Shabriri are all characters who were presented with the divine energy of an outer god, that doesn't mean theyre outer god level.

The way I see it, there's no such thing as an outer god of scarlet rot. There is an outer god of ROT, and the SCARLET rot was created by Romina weaving the energy of said god into the scarlet rot.

As for the blue dancer sealing away the outer god of rot, I'm pretty sure one of the item descriptions state it was an aspect of the god, not the god itself, so basically something like the Elden Beast, but for the rot god. An outer god physically residing in the lands Between would go completely against the point of "outer" gods.

Radahn fans hit with undeniable proof that Radahn wasn't mind controlled:

ab6765630000ba8a860b356eb82421228f76fbb1

Marika isn't omniscient and Romina was in the Land of Shadows and visibly didn't even leave the church she was in when Messmer enacted his campaign. Nothing in the base game even hints at her existence, in fact the most favored explanation for the Rot spreading that much was the fact that even sealed, the Rot God in the Lake was still capable of influencing the outside world. So Marika simply couldn't know where the Rot was coming from, not to mention nothing suggests the Rot was actively threatening the LB before Malenia embraced and unleashed it on Caelid. At that point, the Rot had been sealed in the Lake a long time ago and it was only after Caelid it became a problem again. And from what we know, Romina was not an important figure, just a random victim of Messmer who just happened to find some Rot fragment and embraced it.

As for the Outer Gods, my headcannon is that Outer Gods are not on the same general level of power and all are different in terms of strength and abilities. We at least know that Marika personally fought and killed the Fell God (him or a manifestation) in single combat on her own, meaning that specific Outer God wasn't particulary above her (though the battle was still probably apocalyptic since Marika had the full power of the complete Elden Ring at the time) and a human was able to seal the Rot God (again, maybe just a manifestation or an Elden Beast-like entity) albeit with some help. Meanwhile, the Formless Mother is apparently immortal enough that constantly stabbing her to use her power isn't a bad thing for her (and she even craves those wounds and encourages her followers to do so) and said body apparently exists beyond the common concept of space as the LB understand it since you can use her incantation literally everywhere and still draw power from her. And like you mentionned, the Frenzied Flame is so ridiculously powerful a failed Lord of Frenzy like Midra is already a living catastrophe.

Last edited:
As for the Outer Gods, my headcannon is that Outer Gods are not on the same general level of power and all are different in terms of strength and abilities. We at least know that Marika personally fought and killed the Fell God (him or a manifestation) in single combat on her own, meaning that specific Outer God wasn't particulary above her (though the battle was still probably apocalyptic since Marika had the full power of the complete Elden Ring at the time) and a human was able to seal the Rot God (again, maybe just a manifestation or an Elden Beast-like entity) albeit with some help. Meanwhile, the Formless Mother is apparently immortal enough that constantly stabbing her to use her power isn't a bad thing for her (and she even craves those wounds and encourages her followers to do so) and said body apparently exists beyond the common concept of space as the LB understand it since you can use her incantation literally everywhere and still draw power from her. Andl ike you mentionned, the Frenzied Flame is so ridiculously powerful a failed Lord of Frenzy like Midra can be a challenge for a seriously buffed Tarnished.
Is the fell god even an outer god?

And seems like I was wrong. I couldn't find anything mentioning the blue dancer sealing only an aspect of the rot god, the most I could find was this:

"A great lake of standing water downstream of the Ainsel River. It is said that the divine essence of an outer god is sealed away in this land." Lake of Rot Map description

So, is the god of Rot officially the most fraudulent outer god?

Is the fell god even an outer god?
Not sure but it's apparently powerful enough that when granted its power, the Fire Giant becomes even stronger than its base form which is already very close in strength to the Elden Beast (per the whole the laster bosses are the strongest) or at least Godfrey. At the very least, it's comparable to Marika, not to mention its flame is mandatory for burning the Erdtree
And seems like I was wrong. I couldn't find anything mentioning the blue dancer sealing only an aspect of the rot god, the most I could find was this:

"A great lake of standing water downstream of the Ainsel River. It is said that the divine essence of an outer god is sealed away in this land." Lake of Rot Map description

So, is the god of Rot officially the most fraudulent outer god?
Well we don't know exactly how it was sealed or if it was literally defeated. It's entirely possible the Blue Dancer set up a trap and held it off with the help of the fairy until the trap worked. For that matter, we don't even know what it really is. It's called a god but it could be an Elden Beast-like representative (the Elden Beast itself is a god since it reads "God Slain" after it is defeated) or a mere avatar that is actually pretty weak. Only thing we know is that it apparently had a scorpion-like body.

Last edited:
Back