• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edens zero CRT: Ether coating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without beating around the bush too much, the purpose of this CRT is to determine how to classify 'Ether Coating' a new technique recently introduced in the series Edens Zero. In order to efficiently explain what ether coating is, I will attempt to define what 'Ether' is in the context of the story, then I will describe Ether Coating as the series has done.

•Ether: Ether has been defined in the series as "the source of all power"(as defined here). It is seemingly omnipresent existiing in the atmosphere, in humans and in machines. It so far is shown to power every machine introduced in the series and seems to play a role in the formation of planets as seen here and here. The series also suggests that sufficient influence on a planets Ether would have significant repercussions as seen here. TLDR; Ether is the series equivalent of natural energy on a universal scale.

•Ether Coating: Keeping in mind the definition of Ether above, Ether coating seems to be the process of making machines resistant to the influence of Ether. It is shown to resist direct energy bolts made of Ether as seen here and has shown to negate more indirect influences of Ether such as manipulatiing gravity as seen here. It should be noted that Ether coating is a specific defense against Ether and is not a boost to durability in general, sufficiently powerful physical strikes will still damage the machine with an Ether coating as seen here.

•Classifying: Now we move on to the main reason for this CRT, classifying Ether coating. The suggested classification by Damage3245 is a cross between force field creation and power nullification, I personally am fine with this but alternative suggestions are welcome.

Lol, I was about to make crt on the same topic

There is two conclusions here
1) Ether is natural energy, which found in everything, like planet/star/living beings and even in rock

2) via this everything is considered as a natural element, hence a ether coating give character resistance/powernullficiton

I don't agree with force field creation cause obviously jsut don't see it.

I feel like this is more of just power nullification and negation

The Forcefield Creation bit comes from them being coated in a layer of Ether, which has power nullification properties.

Hmm I'd like more opinion because I jsut don't feel like they should have force field manipulation because it doesn't seem to fit it

When u make a 4 paragraph long CRT with numerous links as sources and then everyone just says; "I agree with powernull"... feels bad man.

But seriously though, consensus seems to be powernull is the way to go, if there isn't any thing else to say should this be closed and the relevant profile be updated?

Davidsteel1 said:
When u make a 4 paragraph long CRT with numerous links as sources and then everyone just says; "I agree with powernull"... feels bad man.

But seriously though, consensus seems to be powernull is the way to go, if there isn't any thing else to say should this be closed and the relevant profile be updated?
The thing is they are aldready coated with ether to null other ether. If shiki can show this in battle without any prep,then it will count as force field+power null.

@1997 I mean we don't know if humans are capable of Ether coating themselves yet, so far weve only seen it done on machines and the exact process hasnt been revealed yet. If we do see it is a process that humans can do then we can simply have another CRT to update the profiles if there is the need.

I've made the relevant update to Weisz' profile. If/when we ever get to making profiles for other characters with EC, power nullification should be added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back