• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

East Blue to Skypiea revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Pell's feat is so valid that we need to change everyone's ratings in the arc because of it. Since it is a "possibly" rating, do you want everyone else in the arc to have "possibly" ratings for scaling to him too?

Why not just keep most of them as they were before?
if Pell has feats of Possibly High 7-C durability, then Robin and Mr.7 directly scale to that for wounding him. Them remaining 8-A makes no sense if they basically stomped him.

I only brought up the "higher" and "Low 7-B" ratings for if we were to rhetorically accept Crocodile's storm as a feat for his AP and the fact that he one-shot Robin, who one-shot Pell and scales far above Igaram, but the Low 7-B would only be if Crocodile's storm was accepted.

Last edited:
if Pell has feats of Possibly High 7-C durability, then Robin and Mr.7 directly scale to that for wounding him. Them remaining 8-A makes no sense if they basically stomped him.

I only brought up the "higher" and "Low 7-B" ratings for if we were to rhetorically accept Crocodile's storm as a feat for his AP and the fact that he one-shot Robin, who one-shot Pell and scales far above Igaram, but the Low 7-B would only be if Crocodile's storm was accepted.
Robin isn't rated as 8-A, and Mr. 7 doesn't have a profile. Though if Mr. 7 did have a profile his only rating would be with guns.

I don't think scaling everyone in Baroque Works based on them being superior to Mr. 7's guns is good.

Didn't Robin defeat Pell by basically putting him in a chokehold?

Robin isn't rated as 8-A, and Mr. 7 doesn't have a profile. Though if Mr. 7 did have a profile his only rating would be with guns.

I don't think scaling everyone in Baroque Works based on them being superior to Mr. 7's guns is good.

Didn't Robin defeat Pell by basically putting him in a chokehold?
No, Robin defeated Pell by breaking his back with a Clutch

So what are the conclusions here so far?
Um, let’s see. Most is fine with High 7-C calc and decided to put Pell’s durability as Possibly High 7-C instead of flat High 7-C. Cin has offer a suggestion on the ratings above. Damage seem to be a bit skeptical. The only thing I will say is that the Low 7-B sandstorm feat in the OP has been recalculated due to official sizing of Cobra being reveal.

The Buggy Bomb and how it will affect the rating has not been discussed or talked about.

And that is all I believe.

After re-reading some sections of Alabasta, I think it's safe to ignore what I said about scaling Vivi from harming Mr. 7. As Damage said, Mr. 7 and Miss All-Father's Day have no feats beyond their weapons. If anything, they'd probably be placed at "Unknown physically, Possibly High 7-C with weaponry" as one of them was capable of wounding Pell with a single shot that temporarily incapacitated him.

However, since we probably have some feats for Vivi anyways, it's entirely possible that there might be justification for scaling her to being "At most High 7-C" since she did assist in defeating Miss Valentine among other things.

Okay. Do we have sufficient input to apply anything yet?

My apologies. I noticed that a few of the people I called are already here.

Why i am mentioned in a One Piece thread? Haven't participated in anything HST related in years, though i have to say i don't think One piece is anywhere as toxic as something like Bleach, which i will not ever participate in.

Anyway if the calcs are accepted, it's fine with being applied to me, but if you're gonna ask me who they scale to, can't help there. I am up to date with One Piece but i don't keep track of its power scaling.

Even if we used the explosive calc for Pell, we'd still need to calculate his durability. It's an omnidirectional explosion in the air from an explosive device that is bigger than Pell himself. He would only be tanking a fraction of the energy.

If the bombs explosion is considered acceptable for Pell’s durability then I agree with the scaling presented in this thread.
would be interesting to see new profiles and keys (I remember suggesting a Vivi profile some time ago but it was turned down cause of not enough feats) but I understand if these don’t end up happening.

Thank you for the comments. It seems like this has been accepted then.

I mentioned Reaper and Celestial because they were ether mentioned in the One Piece verse page or the Knowledgeable Members List.

Can somebody remind us what we need to do here please?

This has apparently been accepted. The scaling of the Pell part proposed by Cin is good. But if Damage is really going to recalculate the feat, then we should wait the result.

For now we can simply apply the Buggy dama result to the profiles, as it scales to Luffy and Zoro (Both came out unharmed by It), even Buggy should also scale to the result.

This has apparently been accepted. The scaling of the Pell part proposed by Cin is good. But if Damage is really going to recalculate the feat, then we should wait the result.
Recalc what? The explosion's yield?

You used the given canonical size of the explosion and used the wiki's formula for it. It's literally impossible to recalculate that to find any more accurate method. There's literally no recalc required unless there's something being added.
For now we can simply apply the Buggy dama result to the profiles, as it scales to Luffy and Zoro (Both came out unharmed by It), even Buggy should also scale to the result.
Since we're adding East Blue calculations.

Could be nice supports I guess

What has been accepted here can probably be applied.

Recalc what? The explosion's yield?
Maybe he is referring to the Inverse Square Law.

Although the explosion did occur right below Pell, so the result should still around in the Kilotons of TNT.

And that also would actually be consistent with Crocodile's Sandstorm by using the current accepted size of Alubarna.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he was referring to the calc for Pell's durability, yeah.

I tried to apply the formula in Pell's case so to see what kind of result i get.

For the distance i decide to use 1 meter, as i didn't want to use pixerscale and i wanted to find an acceptable bare minimum.

Even if i would like to remind that the scans show that Pell was much closer than 1 meter when the explosion happen.

Bomb = 355.890124 Kilotons or 355890.124 Tons

Distance = 1 m

CA = 0.83 m^2

(355890.124/(4π(1)^2))*0.83 = 23506.2941 Tons of TNT or 23.506 Kilotons = Town level

Even with the Inverse Square Law, Pell's its still around Tier 7.

I tried to apply the formula in Pell's case so to see what kind of result i get.

For the distance i decide to use 1 meter, as i didn't want to use pixerscale and i wanted to find an acceptable bare minimum.

Even if i would like to remind that the scans show that Pell was much closer than 1 meter when the explosion happen.

Bomb = 355.890124 Kilotons or 355890.124 Tons

Distance = 1 m

CA = 0.83 m^2

(355890.124/(4π(1)^2))*0.83 = 23506.2941 Tons of TNT or 23.506 Kilotons = Town level

Even with the Inverse Square Law, Pell's its still around Tier 7.
Shoulda been closer but w/e, calc looks fine. Consistent with the next arc

Shoulda been closer but w/e, calc looks fine. Consistent with the next arc
In terms of scaling who do you think it should be applied?

Nico Robin for sure since she easily defeated Pell, even if she had the advantage of suprise.

Crocodile and Luffy without doubt as they were clearly portrayed as stronger than him.

Zoro, Sanji, Mr. 2 and Mr. 1 should more or less scale too as they shouldn't be far weaker than Pell.

Zoro, Sanji, Mr. 2 and Mr. 1 should more or less scale too as they shouldn't be far weaker than Pell.

Without direct scaling this "shouldn't be weaker than Pell" is just subjective and questionable.

I thought we stopped apply KE formula to characters.
I asked Kobster off site, and yeah the calc is invalid
In terms of scaling who do you think it should be applied?

Nico Robin for sure since she easily defeated Pell, even if she had the advantage of suprise.

Crocodile and Luffy without doubt as they were clearly portrayed as stronger than him.

Zoro and Luffy are comparable via the databook

Crocodile ~ Luffy ~ Zoro ~ Mr. 1 ≥ Mr. 2 ~ Sanji

Crocodile stabbed Nico Robin in her shoulder, he scales

It's been a long while since I discussed this, but isn't the nature of this scaling to Pell's durability even more questionable because he was effectively "one-shot" by the explosion? While it is true that he ultimately survived, he needed medical attention afterwards.

Gear 4 Luffy survived a direct attack from Kaido but he was still one-shot by the attack and we don't scale him to Kaido's attack potency. (There's probably more, better examples out there for when we do not scale from characters being one-shot)

It's been a long while since I discussed this, but isn't the nature of this scaling to Pell's durability even more questionable because he was effectively "one-shot" by the explosion? While it is true that he ultimately survived, he needed medical attention afterwards.
We still talking about this? If it's not an outlier or a possibly rating, we just don't scale him? At this point it's annoying.

Pell was already injured and he took the explosion. Even assuming he was unconscious or on the brink of death is headcanon, since we don't even see how he turned out.
You just did the same exact damn thing not even 2 weeks ago with Buffalo scaling after he was injured and he survived a hit from Nami.
Gear 4 Luffy survived a direct attack from Kaido but he was still one-shot by the attack and we don't scale him to Kaido's attack potency. (There's probably more, better examples out there for when we do not scale from characters being one-shot)
There are probably better examples, but this one is horrible.
Luffy was in perfect health in his strongest most durable form and got one shot by a drunk guy who's not even at his best with a minor headache and a club and was unconscious for a long period of time.
Pell was already injured and he took a point blank explosion.

Couldn't we also use This

I don't see how it would be an issue considering the sandstorm crocodiles make are from his sand just like the rest of his attacks, plus I don't remember anything in the story implying they're any different/special compared to his regular attacks.

@KingTempest; I'm not against a "possibly" rating. Like I said, it has been a while since we've discussed this so I might be a bit behind on what we've already covered.

My help does not seem needed here, so I will unsubscribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back