• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
thats from regenerateing from just her gem which takes time, a couple hours atleast iirc.

isnt that what happened to amethest after she took just a few seconds to reform? and garnet even remarks that it was very fast even for her.

Bob8999 said:
yeah those hand feet were totally on purpose.
Yes actually they were, as was her looking like pearl because garnet said she needed to be more like pearl and looking like a deformed bodybuilder because garnet implied she wasnt strong

the hand feet werent intentional as even amethest is suprised by them at first but then she kinda just rolls with it (cartwheels with it?) and in the other forms she´s more easily poofed and struggles more than normal plus there´s what pen said, just aim for the gem.

Aiming for her gem is goingt o be kinda hard when its in the palm of her hand and he has no idea that he needs to hit it to stop her from regenning

Plus in the fight with Jasper Amethyst made a fully functioning body in 80 seconds and when peridot invaded ruby and sapphire reformed in minutes

once bacchus sees her reform once he´ll probaby figure it out, he isnt an idiot and he would only need a few seconds to minutes to shatter her gem.

Yeah if he manages to poof her twice he should be able to shatter her, If he were more intelligent/less reckless or bloodthirsty i could see him shattering it on principle but that doesn't line up with character afaik.

Well lets see:

Precog hard counters him trying to be unpredictable

Gem physiology hard counters his fighting style

Sapphire has a ridiculous experience advantage over him

Limitless vs Very High stamina

Kilometers range vs melee range

Flight vs no flight

I mean...

the whole point of his drunken stye is to be unpredictble

sort of? i mean he does go for what would normally be weak spots but the fact that she´s a gem doesnt weaken his attacks.

most of her life before meeting ruby wasnt spent in battle and after she met ruby she didnt do a whole lot of fighting by herself so a majority of that isnt useful.

fair

he should be able to jump high enough to make that moot

why does she even have that high of a range? what possibly validates that?

Yeah and thats a good advatage regening limbs and the like will be a big help, my main point was if this is a stomp it wouldn't be due to low high regen. (Didn't pearl poof after being run through by her holo pearl? When did the gems regen from loosing arms/legs/large internal organ damage?)

@Bob Yes and Sapphire's precog removes the potential to be unpredictable entirely as she will just see everything he tries to do

Yes but she doesnt have any internal components or anything that would be considered a weak spot other than the palm of one of her hands which he doesnt know about

She summoned a horizon to horizon blizzard

Really? I remember her detaching her hands as weapons and regrowing them iirc. i don't remember her regrowing her limbs outside that....Can you link me? It has been a while since i watched the show in it's entirety

WeeklyBattles said:
@Bob Yes and Sapphire's precog removes the potential to be unpredictable entirely as she will just see everything he tries to do
Yes but she doesnt have any internal components or anything that would be considered a weak spot other than the palm of one of her hands which he doesnt know about

She summoned a horizon to horizon blizzard
from her profile ¨Has trouble predicting the actions of extremely spontaneous opponents.¨ so no it doesnt.

still doesnt weaken the force of his blows might suprise him a bit but thats it.

a blizzard that doesnt help all that much, it might slow him down a little and if the fight drags on it might weaken him a little but thats about it.

But she only disconnects her hands and I don't remeber any other gem having the ability to do that, and garnets a fusion as well. It just seems weird to give them low mid, stabbing them through the center poofs them quite handily... even garnet only has feats of regrowing her hands... hands she detached herself...

Bob8999 said:
from her profile ¨Has trouble predicting the actions of extremely spontaneous opponents.¨ so no it doesnt.

still doesnt weaken the force of his blows might suprise him a bit but thats it.

a blizzard that doesnt help all that much, it might slow him down a little and if the fight drags on it might weaken him a little but thats about it.
Thats Garnet, not Sapphire. Garnet gets thrown off by unpredictability because her precog shows all possible futures, Sapphire just shows the definite future.

Said bilzzard is capable of summoning instant giant spikes of ice

uhhh no sapphire see's possibilities as well, when she saw herself and ruby being shattered and the rebellion ending. or when the gems decided to play baseball with the rubies and she was shocked they were taking that path.

She explicitly doesn't have perfect vision of the future. She used to see one, the most likely possibilities but that changed after being fused with ruby she now views the world in possibilities.

She didn't see ruby stopping her shattering, she was shocked they were playing baseball as that wasn't the possiblity she thought theyd take. From her profile

Sapphire has a precognitive ability that allows her to directly view the future. Originally Sapphire's future vision was different from Garnet's future vision; Unlike Garnet, who is able to see multiple possible futures due to Ruby's impulsive personality, Sapphire was only able to view a single, definite future. However, after being fused with Ruby for thousands of years, her power was altered, allowing her to view multiple futures. Like Garnet, Sapphire relies on probability to see the future, and as such she she has trouble predicting the course of action of someone extremely spontaneous, such as Ruby.

Even when she viewed one future it could be thrown off by impulsive and unpredictable acts of others (Ie ruby saving/fusing with her)

It's a stomp for Sapphire given she range spams him or bubbles him far outside his attack range because flight.

bacchus should possess the ap advantage by a decent margin and sapphire´s range is only that large because she can cause a blizzard, she cant snipe him from a distance. (atleast as far as i know.)

Back