• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Drole AP justification

Why is Drole stated to be "significantly stronger than Critical Over Galand" when they have about the same strength PL and he hasn't shown to be so?

No, they are nowhere near comparable. Drole has a PL of 54,000, which is even more powerful than Escanor's 50,055 - 50,060 against Galand's Critical Over (which in itself is 40,000), who Melascula stated would have destroyed CO Galand in one attack. He also has a physical strength of 36,500.

I'm not focusing on total PL. I'm focusing on the sub categories within each PL. Drole has 14k magic, 36.5k strength and 3.5k spirit. Although Galand has a far lower total PL than Drole, his kit is far more min/maxed. Galand has a decreasing 1k magic and a total PL of 40k, so assuming that his spirit is about the same level, if not a bit higher, Galand should have about 37k strength, which is very comparable to Drole's 36.5k.

That's using multipliers. Galand's is unknown, and multipliers are an unreliable way to get to it. They say it just lasts until his magic runs out, not that it isn't increased at all, although it is said it pushes physical abilities to the limit.

Also scaling puts him above CO Galand, as he could somewhat contend with Demon Meliodas after geting healed by Gloxinia from his heavily weakening injuries against Escanor and Base Meliodas.

I'm not sure where you got the idea of multipliers. All I did was infer Galand's strength stat based off of his other stats, his total PL of 40k, and (what you mentioned) the fact that Galand's strength was pushed to the max. Also, somewhat contending with unsealed demon Mel isn't a better feat than how CO Galand somewhat contended with Tarmiel.

Sorry, I read it wrong. She said it pushes his strength to its limit, not that it doesn't even increase anything else, like magic or spirit.

Who was obviously suppressed. Tarmiel is comparable to Estarossa with Truth, who has a power of 88,000, yes, that's a total, but it still far far far surpasses his. Also, Derieri could barely hold her own, who has a physical strength of 48,000, which far surpasses Galand's own, even if he used Critical Over.

Meliodas actually got serious, had to break up Drole and Gloxinia, as well as using Lostvayne, with Drole even withstanding a kick from Meliodas in the fight.

You're right in that Merascylla was only implying that a strength boost was the main focus of CO, but there's no way he used his magic just to increase his magic that he isn't going to use. That's just unreasonable. However, it's not out of the question that Galand's spirit went up with CO. Even so, if Galand's spirit went up to 4,000 (which is really high), that would still leave him with 35k strength (40k total - 4k spirit - 1k magic = 35k strength), which is still very much comparable.

I do agree that the Tarmiel fight is a bit outlier'y with everything that is in play. However, besides those feats against the AA, all we have to go with (since Galand died so early) is his relative strength PL and the fact that Galand couldn't cut through Escanor with one swing (which is expected given Escanor's insane durability). Whether or not Galand could do as well against Mel as Drole did is something we can't be certain of.

There's a use, to make the form last longer, also he uses magic in the form of darkness, so it's entirely possible. The scaling is pretty logarithmic in the series, but I'll just agree to disagree here.

He could withstand a kick from Demon Mel, who has a physical strength of 50,000, an attack from a God boosted Zeldris who has a strength level of over 47,200, and Escanor's sunshine release that was comparable to Estarossa, albiet very heavy injuries from the last one. Attacks stronger than Escanor's against CO Galand don't kill Drole.

Also on Drole's page it just says "Significantly more powerful than Critical Over Galand", it doesn't say stronger, just more powerful, which is true in the series.

I'll agree to disagree w/ the magic level, since it's kind of up to interpretation and isn't make or break.

The Demon Mel and Zeldris feats both dispatched Drole quickly, so i'm not sure how important they are here. However, the fact that he took Escanor's attack is important here. Did the attack have magic imbuded in it, or was it a purely physical attack? That might be the decision maker here. If Escanor's attack had magic and strength combined, the added durability could be thanks to Drole's 14k magic. I'm not too sure about that, though. What do you think?

Also, if Escanor's attack uses magic and physical blows, then that would explain why Galand was so scared of the hit bc his magic levels are so pitifully low. If that's the case, I could see Galand having a key like Merascylla's, with his durability reading "Low 6-B physically, High 7-A against magic".

Meliodas' kick only stunned him, it was the Lostvayne attacks that chopped off his arms and caused him to cough blood. Purely physical, with the exception of Escanor's attack due to being only magical. Drole also didn't use any magic to help him withstand the kick. Although at one point he used Earth Magic in the form of Heavy Metal to do so.

As mentioned before, it was only magical. I'm not sure about magical durability, if I remember, Monspeet had something similar, but it was only against Hellblaze due to being a master of it.

Escanor's attack didn't appear to have any sunshine effect. There was no glow, even during and after Galand tried to run. Galand does seem like the type who is more vulnerable to magic, even calling magicians "pesky" or something along those lines.

Lostvayne was the damage dealer, but the difference here doesn't really matter to the subject at hand. Escanor's attack vs glox and drole definitely did have magic, but the attack against Galand is kind of hazy on whether or not it did. Anyways, I've pretty much said everything I want to say on this subject, so i'll just leave it here unless someone new comes in and makes a statement.

Back