• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I don't even really know if this is the right forum, but looking back at Dream of the Endless' page, some of his justifications are really strange.

Not the High 1-B, stuff. That's fine. But some of the justifications for his "likely Outerverse level" don't make a ton of sense.

First of all, one of the reasons for the "likely 1-A" is the following:

"His oldest incarnation exists beyond space and time, in the space beyond space and space beneath space."

However, this is referring to Dream of the Lovecraftian Horrors, who is already his own separate key. Either DotLH shouldn't be his own key, or this sentence shouldn't be there.

Moving on, the next justification is that his ship sails outside of space and time. Not only is something like this not 1-A on its own, but the context is that a character is referring to potential legends passed down about Dream and the others. I have no idea why this is used as a tier justification.

The next piece of evidence for this tier is Dream's ship sailing across "nothing and nowhere". I can't fathom how this is supposed to be used for 1-A without proper context. The scan does still have some relevance however, as it mentions Dream having a greater sway over defining reality than the rest of the Endless.

The page also mentions Dream existing outside of Destiny's book. But then again, so do aspects of Destiny, who was explicitly stated in the previous scan to be bound to existence.

Let's move onto the last piece of 1-A justification, as well as Dream of the Lovecraftian Horrors. The page mentions aspects of Dream being able to exist in a notional place that is neither real nor unreal. I don't believe this is something that is a 1-A feat, on its own. If existing in/being native to a notional, metaphorical realm is a 1-A feat, then literally every Warp entity in the entirety of 40k, no matter how relatively limited in comparison to their brethren, is 1-A, and that feels extremely off. The realm itself could be 1-A, but is missing proper context.

In regards to Dream of the Lovecraftian Horrors, he's stated to be 1-A due to the fact he "Exists outside of space and time and is part of the lovecraftian horrors that exists in 'space beneath space and space beyond space'". The issue is, this isn't what the linked scan says.

DotLH says he is "the dream of the first created things: those that sleep in the space beneath space". He is not one of these entities; he is their dream. If for some reason you don't think he means this literally, he even goes on to mention, "They still sleep, in the space beyond space, in the cracks of the real. I am needed, thus I remain.", which even further suggests he is their dream, exists specifically because they are still sleeping, and that he is not one of these entities. The story itself could say otherwise, but this is what's stated in the scan provided.

A lot of these either need clarification, aren't actually what Dream's page says they are, or are so vague that it's impossible to use them for such a high tier. This should probably be fixed.

I think that the Dream of the Lovecraftian Horrors is 1-A, but I find it odd applying to regular old Morpheus / Daniel Dream, who is the dream of much lower beings, creatures of the universe not beyond it.

Because they're not really entirely different beings, they are the same being viewed by different entities.

But whatever, you guys do what you want.

Sandman31 said:
Because they're not really entirely different beings, they are the same being viewed by different entities.
This should be pretty clear (which made me wonder why Dream had a key in the first place), as this sca makes it obvious that there is one "Dream", and all versions of the Endless are functions of space. Illusory perceptions of a single entity to such an extreme degree that even that entity often treats its own perceptions as semi-individual entities.

Though that does kind of tie into me questioning why Dream of the Lovecraftian Horrors is scaled to said Lovecraftian Horrors when he explicitly isn't a part of them. He is yet another perception of Dream from those entities' perspective, but is not part of them, and is suggested to still exist specifically because said entities are still sleeping.

He should exists in the same level as them, I think.

Plus there is Cai , which wasnt really the Cain that appeared in the bible or the brother of Abel. Cain was only created by Morpheus so Abel can have a companion.

Destiny or his aspects doesnt exists outside the Book, it was mentioned that the Book is the universe and since Destiny himself is inside the book because he is an inhabitant of the universe

Also, I agree that the Endless profiles are strange, even though I'm the one who made them the way they are (the top three at least), even I think that theyre strange

Back