• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It was very fun and enjoyable, took a while to get really invested in it, I didn't get really into it until they got on the Hell Train

Not really, but White's Soul Manipulation and Absorption won't really work on Natsu, this version of him has good resistance against it

@Enryu

I mean, he's only #2 in the Tower and we know little to nothing about him, but sure, being stronger than Administrators makes him pretty cool, plus the cool outfit and red hair

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Enryu
I mean, he's only #2 in the Tower and we know little to nothing about him, but sure, being stronger than Administrators makes him pretty cool, plus the cool outfit and red hair
I mean, I was kidding, as my profile picture and name make me look like a huge fanboy of him, so I wanted to joke about it, besides, I always know that Phanta is the strongest for obvious reasons

Alright, returning to the original topic, did Natsu fought a swordsman as skilled and experienced as White? If so, will he be able to counter his sword's abilities?

Both have limited stamina in these forms if I recall correctly, White has better versatility and range, but Natsu has higher AP and power null, honestly I could see this going either way

Going by the scans in his profile, natsu's power null doesn't seem that good, he never burned an attack before it could reach him so i doubt that he could just null White's attacks.

@Zackra, Natsu isn't nulling the magic, you can clearly see the magic being dispersed. Not every clash is a power null.

Honestly, I think it depends on range spam. Natsu is quite good in CQC, but I can't see him surpassing someone with likely hundreds of years of experience whose sword is the literal space around him.

Though, now that I think about it, they have the same range. Though I believe that White is an overall better fighter. And his sword being the space around him gives him more versatility once they enter CQC. Also, his flight is better than Natsu's, for what it's worth.

Don't know anything about Fairy Tail but something tells me Natsu can't compete with the Arie's swordsmanship in general much less White's.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Not really, but White's Soul Manipulation and Absorption won't really work on Natsu, this version of him has good resistance against it

Why wouldn't it??? Whites manipulation is on the level of Billions and if we want to lowball it he had all of the souls of Floor of death residents in him

Yeah, but if he tries to absorb Natsu's soul, he'll fail, cause he has resistance to it, and even if he tries to absorb it, Natsu's Soul will just punch White in the face

Natsu's soul can do that? That's hilarious.

But that is good point. If Natsu's resistance is below what White has shown, then why wouldn't it work? It seems like we're treating it differently from mind manipulation, and I'm not sure why.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Yeah, but if he tries to absorb Natsu's soul, he'll fail, cause he has resistance to it, and even if he tries to absorb it, Natsu's Soul will just punch White in the face
How much resistance does Natsu have?

Litentric Teon said:
Natsu's soul can do that? That's hilarious.
But that is good point. If Natsu's resistance is below what White has shown, then why wouldn't it work? It seems like we're treating it differently from mind manipulation, and I'm not sure why.
Natsu's Soul
This is literally exactly what will happen if White tries to absorb and eat Natsu's Soul, his Soul will also take the form of his normal body and still fight

DemonGodMitchAubin said:

Dude no. First of all Natsu punches him before he even gets absorbed. That's not resistance at all he just didn't get absorbed

He also resisted Franmalth's Soul Absorption, which is more similar to White's I was just using the Wraith situation as an example, point being White can't just absorb his soul and gg, I mean he can't even do that to people in his verse anyways

@Demon

That's absolutely hilarious.

But yeah. After the Hell Train arc, White doesn't really use much of his hax. And he usually absorbs disembodied souls after he kills the person.

I do agree with Gabriel that his hax isn't what gives him the win. Since he doesn't use it. But his skill and unique swordsmanship.

Back