• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Slayer vs Dragon Slayer (Luffy vs Natsu)

luffy___gear_2_by_situsgacorindonesia_dftf4r4-fullview.jpg
VS
speed_drawing_natsu_dragneel___fairy_tail_by_a2t_will_draw_dcd0p8y-pre.jpg

• SBA
  • Natsu - X792
  • Luffy - Raid on Onigashima
  • Restricting Igneel's power, DF and Dragonization and Bajrang Gun
  • Speed Equalized

Luther:
Nathaniel: Clover

Last edited:
Honestly Natsu's X792 profile is kinda ass just because it's not split into keys at all - which I find really dumb. But Luffy also has 5-C stuff that one-shots Natsu's High 6-A keys, so I'm not sure what to make of all this

Honestly Natsu's X792 profile is kinda ass just because it's not split into keys at all - which I find really dumb. But Luffy also has 5-C stuff that one-shots Natsu's High 6-A keys, so I'm not sure what to make of all this
Natsu is 20.1 Petatons and 0.1c, 80.4 Petatons and 0.4c with FDKM.

Luffy is 4.56 Petatons, 18.24 Petatons with Gear 2+3 or Snakeman, 36.48 Petatons with Boundman, 72.96 Petatons with Strongest Attacks. 10.66c in all forms, far higher reactions + precog with Kenbunshoku

Natsu is 20.1 Petatons and 0.1c, 80.4 Petatons and 0.4c with FDKM.

Luffy is 4.56 Petatons, 18.24 Petatons with Gear 2+3 or Snakeman, 36.48 Petatons with Boundman, 72.96 Petatons with Strongest Attacks. 10.66c in all forms, far higher reactions + precog with Kenbunshoku
Forgot to equalize speed. 10c is a big diff.

Okay, well this gets a lot more interesting when speed is equalized, I just wanted to point out the messiness that is Natsu's key arrangement... or lack thereof, because it makes it way more clunky for stuff like this

Okay, so unless speed is equalized, Luffy pretty easily wins here. He already has speed in his base form to blitz Natsu. If it is, the blitz only gets delayed. Luffy usually starts his fights with either Gear 2nd or either Gear 4th variant, all of which are over a blitz amp. Luffy also can see into the future with Advanced Kenbun.

With Buso Emission, he can avoid coming into contact with the flames and heat of Natsu's attacks like he did with Kaidou, and with Advanced Buso Emission, Luffy can transmit his attacks inside of Natsu's body, dealing durability negation.

On top of all of this, Luffy has a very very large LS advantage (1.0326968e19 Newtons, 1.72515577e25 Newtons in Gear 5 for Luffy vs 1.30954517e15 Newtons for Natsu [a difference of over 13 billion times]), which means that added on top of his speed advantage, the moment Luffy gets a hold of Natsu, the fight would be pretty much over.

Natsu's only real wincon here it the heat of his fire, but the odds of that landing are really low due to Luffy's future sight and buso emission as I've said above.

Well assuming they start with speed equalized in base, Natsu gets a 4x speed amp with FDKM, so I think it gets much tricker for Luffy. In addition, his heat covered the entire length of Lake Scillora - over 11.5 km long, for reference. With a maximum starting distance of 4 km, Luffy's absolutely getting caught in 200 million degree heat.

Well assuming they start with speed equalized in base, Natsu gets a 4x speed amp with FDKM, so I think it gets much tricker for Luffy. In addition, his heat covered the entire length of Lake Scillora - over 11.5 km long, for reference. With a maximum starting distance of 4 km, Luffy's absolutely getting caught in 200 million degree heat.
Natsu's fire is very obviously only the same temperature as a military issued flame thrower-

Well assuming they start with speed equalized in base, Natsu gets a 4x speed amp with FDKM, so I think it gets much tricker for Luffy. In addition, his heat covered the entire length of Lake Scillora - over 11.5 km long, for reference. With a maximum starting distance of 4 km, Luffy's absolutely getting caught in 200 million degree heat
I really don't think so. SBA states that Luffy would know he's supposed to be fighting Natsu, meaning his Kenbun would be activated before they even interact. Because of this, he'd be seeing the future several seconds in advance and be able to use Buso Emission to block.

What's the extent of Luffy's Heat Resistance with Buso Emission, though? Because the resistance won't be enough if it's to a temperature noticeably below what Natsu can output

How come? His Buso Emission was able to completely block out the heat of Kaidou's Flaming Dragon, which could melt Luffy's normal Buso.
Because resisting heat can be overcome if the opponent outputs a heat greater than that of what they can resist. Someone could resist 10,000 degree heat, but the opponent can turn it up to, say, 30,000 degrees and the resistance suddenly means nothing. This just tells me that Kaidou's Flaming Dragon is hotter than what Luffy's normal Buso can withstand

Tbh Luffy is already resistant to something that's considered as incredibly impressive in FT. Ignia did state that burning water is something only the hottest of fire can do.

That being the same thing that Akainu did, being able to set the ocean near punk Hazzard a permanent hellscape. But yeah in terms of actual numbers for the heat, Akainu's stuff isn't quite as high but capable of passively vaporize steel and being able to directly overpower that level of resistance with direct application of his heat.

Buso emissions should be able to handle it since it isn't something that can really transfer heat properly. Natsu would need to break the Buso via AP before he can actually transfer heat.

This just tells me that Kaidou's Flaming Dragon is hotter than what Luffy's normal Buso can withstand
Buso Emission and "normal" Buso have no differences. They're the same thing, just one projected forward while the other one isn't. Kaidou's heat being stopped by the Buso Emission implies less of it being something that can be affected by heat and such.

Buso Emission and "normal" Buso have no differences. They're the same thing, just one projected forward while the other one isn't. Kaidou's heat being stopped by the Buso Emission implies less of it being something that can be affected by heat and such.
That's very iffy to me, because by that same metric, I could ask: "Why does emitting it suddenly mean it can't be affected by heat?" I mean, it's the exact same thing just projected forward, so why the sudden change?
Tbh I think the stronger argument for Natsu instead of flame temp bypassing Buso would be power nullification.
While true, I think there is a legit argument to be made for Natsu's heat here

That's very iffy to me, because by that same metric, I could ask: "Why does emitting it suddenly mean it can't be affected by heat?" I mean, it's the exact same thing just projected forward, so why the sudden change?
Same reason why matter hax doesn't really work against most barriers. They typically don't have any actual matter to effect, Buso emissions are just the extention of one's own will power.

So yeah it's really less of the temperature here and moreso a question of what he can burn. Natsu's ability to burn shit is pretty inconsistent since it's tied to his emotions. Sometimes he can burn things like concepts, sometimes he can't burn shit like water.

Tbf that (I’m assuming you mean during early 100YQ) was because he was already underwater, so he couldn’t even ignite his fist to begin with

Tbf that (I’m assuming you mean during early 100YQ) was because he was already underwater, so he couldn’t even ignite his fist to begin with
And the time in Tartaros with Tempest. But yeah thats basically what I mean, his nullification and temp are usually a peak thing so it can vary in potency.

Even normally it’s comparable to lightning in temperature, if we’re going by his profile

Isn’t this a one shot for Natsu? Igneel’s power may be restricted but DF and Dragonization isn’t. The profile says both are higher into 5A than Igneel’s power.

Isn’t this a one shot for Natsu? Igneel’s power may be restricted but DF and Dragonization isn’t. The profile says both are higher into 5A than Igneel’s power.
It's implied that because Igneel's power is restricted, so would DF and Dragonization, since they're all 5-A.

Yeah, it should be specified that all of Natsu's 5-A stuff is restricted. Because, uh... Yeah that would make this a one-shot

Natsu with his hot aura reaching 200 million degrees Celsius is enough to stop Luffy and also how does Luffy touch Natsu's body? because he would be exposed to hot temperatures from Natsu which could cause burns to his body.

and if luffy uses the bajrang gun to beat natsu it's useless because luffy himself still needs a time interval to use that move so natsu can use his fire to burn luffy.

Back