• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Slayer vs Dragon Slayer (Luffy vs Natsu)

Food to activate gear 5 quicker/instantly, otherwise if he didn't get food... He would've forced it and dangered his life for Bonney at the right moment like he did with kaido
That's the point? Luffy has always been the type to put his life on the line for those in need, I really doubt he would have avoided doing so and would be lying on the ground doing nothing for multiple chapters if he could reactive G5 without getting food in that instance.

Your acting like he can keep everyone safe in base or gear 4th...
Where did I ever imply that in this whole discussion?

He clearly could've stopped him if he wanted to but said to the soldiers to put sea stone on him for a reason...
I mean, any proof that he could?

Not sure where range or limit of targets comes from
Because he must have a limit? He clearly stopped using it at some point given Sanji was able to start moving again, and as I said in the previous post he couldn't hold back characters like Chopper, Nami and Brook when they were a small distance away and he was trying to capture Robin from them.

As you probably know by now, all abilities have a limit of some kind, what I am saying is that he not using it against Luffy is more than likely a limit of his own (probably a matter of range, as I explained above).

Luffy is clearly close enough and or saturn can move close enough, and they said everyone below vice admirals aren't allowed to be around them, it's his eye that enables him to do that ability and it seems to be like con haki aura to then select who he affects
And what's the farthest range we saw him pin someone down? I don't remember he doing it against anyone that wasn't pretty close to him like Sanji and the others were.

It seems like he could, you don't know how much it affects him to force it
You're saying he could reactivate it more than twice? Based on what exactly? That's what I am trying to get here and your answers on this topic aren't exactly helping.

That's like saying luffy can only go gear 2nd, once or twice when it used to be too much for his body to handle
Completely different things, G2 never left Luffy down on the ground asking for food as far as I can remember, as I said before, each gear has its own costs and side effects for being used so trying to compare them like you're doing now doesn't mean much.

Otherwise he can just wait out the 32 seconds and re activate similar way he did with gear 4 against katakuri but not having to wait as long
32 seconds restricted to base seems pretty dangerous in a fight with someone with heat on Natsu's level, but I am still waiting for an answer regarding Natsu's own stamina.

32 seconds restricted to base seems pretty dangerous in a fight with someone with heat on Natsu's level, but I am still waiting for an answer regarding Natsu's own stamina.
Why would he be restricted to his base? He can still use other gears. He still retains his speed amps as well as Future sight so getting hit is out of the question.
You're saying he could reactivate it more than twice? Based on what exactly? That's what I am trying to get here and your answers on this topic aren't exactly helping.
Based on the fact that Gear 5 is based on the beat of the heart, and Luffy has a specific ability that forces his heart to beat that way (doping)

I mean, any proof that he could?
it seems to be like con haki aura to then select who he affects
And what's the farthest range we saw him pin someone down? I don't remember he doing it against anyone that wasn't pretty close to him like Sanji and the others were.
this wouldn't matter as he's close enough and can move himself close enough as well
Because he must have a limit? He clearly stopped using it at some point given Sanji was able to start moving again, and as I said in the previous post he couldn't hold back characters like Chopper, Nami and Brook when they were a small distance away and he was trying to capture Robin from them.
He wasn't even using the ability at that time... So you can't act like he did.
As you probably know by now, all abilities have a limit of some kind, what I am saying is that he not using it against Luffy is more than likely a limit of his own (probably a matter of range, as I explained above).
Ok but you keep adding on limits that never been a thing, where does the max once or twice can he only force gear 5

I already explained above why range isn't an issue even if that limit existed
Based on him being able to active it 4 times within some hours by just eating and being normal from just waiting 32 seconds and then based on luffy being fine after re activating gear 5 on kaido after dying and using his strongest attack (Also having fighting for a very long time before as well in full power against kaido without gear 5)
Yee but he still has haki that can help him

Last edited:
Back