• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Lord vs Demon Lord

Cure Elim Los Malvar vs Demiurge

Plot:
Demiurge is disappointed at himself for not being useful enough to the Ainz, so he sets out to kill a Dragon Lord and bring glory to Nazarick.

Rules
Demiurge can only use his own subordinates and the resources he controls as a Floor Guardian, so no getting weapons from the Treasury or anything. He has 1 day of preparation, and the only info he has on Cure is that he's an undead Dragon Lord who can use Wild Magic.

Cure is vaguely aware that someone powerful is coming to get him, and is waiting at the same place where he fought Ainz.

if Demiurge is allowed Ulberts Summoning Item and his World Item ?

and do you mean his own subordinates or summons ? because he has the 3 Evil Lords and iirc some more we haven't seen yet.

and is Soul Braker Breath allowed and does Demiurge have intel on it ?

Yes.

He can his subordinates and the resources on his floor

Soulbreaker Breath is allowed, and Demi doesn't know about it. He only knows Cure is an undead Dragon Lord with Wild Magic, like Ainz when he fought him.

i can see Cure going for his soul absorption after seeing the numerous demons Demi summons with Armageddon Evil, which will no doubt thin Demi's forces, if not wipe them out if he can't stop Cure soon enough

Demi's Armageddon Evil has 6 charges which means 6 waves of demons. and he has 7 Evil Lords who can each also summon another evil Lord and he can also summon one more. One of these evil Lords which we haven't seen yet; evil Lord Sloth also specializes in summoning and support.

I don't really think Cure's soul absorption works on demons and that spell might be noncombatative.

(wasn't it also said that he doesn't have it anymore since becoming undead and that that's why he has limited wild magic mana)

his soul braker breath won't be able to harm demi but it will oneshot anything else it hits.

but considering that number and that soul braker breath is a straight beam attack he won't even be able to kill all the demons with 2 of those.

I would also assume that Demi has a way to make his summons atleast an annoyance to max level characters or else summoners wouldn't be viable in endgame (or at stopping guild base raids for that matter)

so Cure will be up against a huge army of demons all buffed by demi and other support type demons who will summon more and more while combat spezialized demons fight on the front.

Cure will be overwhelmed by the sheer number of enemies many of who also have fire element which he is weak against as an undead and there will be plenty of relatively strong enemie's left (Evil Lords) because he won't be able to kill all that many enemies who can fly with his 2 breath attacks.

so yeah with this amount of recources and prep the win goes to Demi imo

that's why I said that I assume Demi has ways to atleast make them able to scratch high level characters.

also iirc the demons Ainz summoned with Armageddon Evil atleast did a tiny bit against Cure Elim and it's not like the Dragon has damage nullification for attacks under a certain level like Ainz does.

also the more combat focused Evil Lords might actually be a bit better at doing damage than Demi himself.

and the large numbers at the very least help against Cure's zombie armor

and if Demi and his evil Lords decide to summon a few evil lords wrath then they can just hold Cure down and Demi walks up to it and uses [Hell Flame] on it's head

That demons have no soul that could be stolen and that he didn't use it when Ainz summoned waves of demons which would have been a good moment to use an attack that is effective against large groups of enemies.

it also sounded to me like it was just a spell to charge up his wild magic and not something he could make use of in combat

also as I said Iirc he lost that ability after becoming undead either way

He will summon wrath, take his demon generals and I think it's too much of a cheat to give him Ulbert's item. It should summon too much or as much demons as Cure as undeads or something, IIRC the real one can summon unlimited.

no, the World Item Ulbert tried to recreate is said to summon unlimited (which is probably exaggerated), not Armageddon Evil, which summons this;

The first to appear during the item's summoning were 128 Inferior Demons below level 10. Afterwards, the second to appear are 64 demons of around level 20 appeared which happens to be Hell Scythes. Next were the appearance of 32 Rotting Demons of around level 30 that are the third to debut. Later, the fourth kind of demons appearing were around 8 Supplicants of around level 40. Following them were the appearance of 4 demons of around level 50 known as War Devils. Lastly, the spell would come to an end by summoning the two level 60ish demons and one more demon of around level 70.

as the item contains 6 jewels with the spell, it would summon this amount of demons times 6, and on that note, all six do not cast at the same time. I find it extremely unlikely Demi has enough buffs to even let the level 70s do anything worthwhile

even with pretty much all Demi's forces not being able to do anything, considering Cure's big thing is resisted, he doesn't have many options

Hmm, then Wrath flame auras fodders while the rest of the demons and demon generals tank it since their abilities are so unknown they may as well be sponges.

Demiurge can just fly up and spam [Meteor Fall], cure will use his breath at that time Wrath and probably more demons should be able to just teleport after they see one fall unlike the Dark Young.

Demi doesn't really have the mana to truly spam a 10th tier Spell, he'd get it off a few times yea, but he couldn't continuously spam it

what i'd really like to know is where this info about demons not having souls comes from, as Ruler suggested

Well Overlord is inspired by D&D and Demons don't have souls there also that it's the case in almost all fantasy or supernatural settings and it would be odd for Demons in Overlord to be different

unless the LNs say demons have no souls, we cannot just say, "Inspired by DnD" as a reason to give them such a resistance

hmmm I just find the assumption that Demons do have souls really weird.

but I guess...

but still. iirc Cure lost the ability to absord after becoming undead and that's why he has a limited supply of wild magic energy.

(as to what was up with that argument I guess I kinda slipped out of the norm in which this wiki does things because it is an in verse battle)

but in the end the soul absorption is stil at the very least out of character because he didn't use it against the hordes of summons in the fight against Ainz. Demiurge also has the strategic advantage as Cure Elim isn't exactly a genius when it comes to fighting

When the Holy Kingdom people were talking with Blue Rose, they talked a bit about demons. There might be something there that could help

New world BS or new content was what they were talking about.

"I doubt that. To demons — this applies to angels as well — their names are a very important part of their very being. If a demon wants to show up, it has to engrave its name into the world. Therefore, they can't use false names. Experiments show that using a false name might even cause them to disappear on the spot."

i also don't recall Cure losing it

the not in character thing i could buy, either that or he didn't use it because of certain circumstances in that fight, but i don't recall any info he lost the ability

Hmm demis biggest advantage is that he and his summons all use hellfire, meaning as the fight goes on they will be burning through cures supply of souls, cure using soul breaker breath will only further burn through his supply to clear the field.

I feel this fight will heavily depend on many factors, will cure use his soul sucking ability? Considering his failure to use it against ainz summons/creatures I doubt it, and Im willing to bet the evil lord wraths and other high level summons will have their own resistances to the ability so it should only really be good against the waves of fodder.

Will cure use his soul breakers breath early or save it? Cures biggest problem is the longer the fight drags on the more souls he will lose to demi and co's hellfire, so it may get to a point where he can't use soulbreaker breath without loosing his sentience and in his fight with ainz he saved it for quite some time. Contrarily if he uses the ability to soon demi will be left behind and he can still summon another lord wrath. It very well could leave him in a similar position to dragging the fight out to long ie becoming to low on souls.

I honestly doubt cures zombies will play a massive role here, flame auras should be incredibly effective at burning through the zombie horde, unlike ainz aura of despair the zombies have no defense against the incredible heat of the demons flames and aura. So I see them being destroyed rather swiftly by wraths and the other evil lords auras.

Prep time is pretty useless to cure overall, he's to arrogant to really prepare anything and he hasn't really shown the know how to set up an ambush, all I see him doing is waiting there for demi to come.

So in the end not one hundred precent sure on who would win here though I lean slightly on demi here, his hell flames and cures inexperience should allow demi and his demons to pull a victory here.

Can someone explain why wouldn't soulbreaker's breath work on demi?

Back