• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A kid vs Cure Elim Los Malvar!

Maxwell can check names by (I don’t know how to explain this in a non gamie term) clicking on people.

Edit: I accidentally hit send before I was finished typing.

Sorry for double commenting, but I need to clarify (since I accidentally posted the last comment before it was done).

Maxwell already needs to know the other persons name to add adjectives to them. So he definitely has an in verse reason to know. Whether that in verse reason would prompt him to just decide to start adding adjectives could be argued.

Maxwell can check names by (I don’t know how to explain this in a non gamie term) clicking on people
Oh I know.
Sorry for double commenting, but I need to clarify (since I accidentally posted the last comment before it was done).

Maxwell already needs to know the other persons name to add adjectives to them. So he definitely has an in verse reason to know. Whether that in verse reason would prompt him to just decide to start adding adjectives could be argued.
I still think maxwell will just use adjectives tbh. Its the fastest way to end the fight and the monitor fight is too specific to be used as a proof.

Maxwell is fast in his normal missions because they often have in verse time limits. Like someone is on fire, or hurt, or a date is happening soon. In a fight, even when limited, he never was worried about quickly ending things.

The anti monitor is specific, I will agree with that, but Maxwell has never fought at any other point. So we either have zero information (meaning theirs nothing saying he won’t use a very dumb worthless power to start with (he doesn’t know what would or won’t work here)) or we use the limited information (where we know what he did but was more limited than normal).

Maxwell is fast in his normal missions because they often have in verse time limits. Like someone is on fire, or hurt, or a date is happening soon. In a fight, even when limited, he never was worried about quickly ending things.

The anti monitor is specific, I will agree with that, but Maxwell has never fought at any other point. So we either have zero information (meaning theirs nothing saying he won’t use a very dumb worthless power to start with (he doesn’t know what would or won’t work here)) or we use the limited information (where we know what he did but was more limited than normal).
It still doesnt make sense why he wouldnt just…win. He can just do it but you are saying he wont? I feel like this might be a incon

There are plenty of things Maxwell could write that would just immediately fail (Cure resist a large chunk of the more generic ‘I win’ options).

Though, I just reread the battle with anti monitor. I see he wrote anti anti monitor (which was a copy, but of the other monitor and was better than the original as the original was losing). I bring that up because earlier it was brought up whether the copy would need souls or if it would win. It seems it would spawn in someone specifically designed to kill Cure, and with what Maxwell has shown to make with his adjectives, it’s not a NLF to say the anti-cure won’t win (probably a poor way to explain it, but I don’t got a lot of time to explain because I need to study and take a quiz right now).

I’ll probably vote inconclusive still, but I’ll change vote later.

Sorry for being gone for a bit, when I was finished with my quiz I went to bed.

I just want to say, it had been a while since I played scribblenuats and both the profile and other threads say he summoned a ‘good anti monitor’, which I don’t find really accurate now that I reread the battle. Should absolutely say he summon an anti anti-monitor (since it’s a copy of the regular monitor and it is designed to be the antithesis to anti monitor).

Since Maxwell summons the anti version of someone, and even said it was a great idea when he did it, I find it much more likely for him to go for it.

In most fights literally summoning something designed to defeat the opponent should normally work just fine, so I don’t see why Maxwell won’t think it would be a good option here. He doesn’t know Cure can nuke his soul.

Maxwell can make things that can heal, are deathless, invisible, and have a crap ton of other attributes. The anti version comes with abilities pre baked into. Maxwell would need to think about which adjectives would be best to give himself, or to which ones would be good against cure.

Which is why I think I’ll vote inconclusive.

Cure can nuke Maxwell, but Maxwell’s opening move summons a creature designed to kill Cure, which would likely do its job.

Sorry for being gone for a bit, when I was finished with my quiz I went to bed.

I just want to say, it had been a while since I played scribblenuats and both the profile and other threads say he summoned a ‘good anti monitor’, which I don’t find really accurate now that I reread the battle. Should absolutely say he summon an anti anti-monitor (since it’s a copy of the regular monitor and it is designed to be the antithesis to anti monitor).

Since Maxwell summons the anti version of someone, and even said it was a great idea when he did it, I find it much more likely for him to go for it.

In most fights literally summoning something designed to defeat the opponent should normally work just fine, so I don’t see why Maxwell won’t think it would be a good option here. He doesn’t know Cure can nuke his soul.

Maxwell can make things that can heal, are deathless, invisible, and have a crap ton of other attributes. The anti version comes with abilities pre baked into. Maxwell would need to think about which adjectives would be best to give himself, or to which ones would be good against cure.

Which is why I think I’ll vote inconclusive.

Cure can nuke Maxwell, but Maxwell’s opening move summons a creature designed to kill Cure, which would likely do its job.
Well most of maxwell matches we argued he would start with adjectives since it makes sense but lol-

I mean, even if he did. Cure has plenty of good resistances (not that the resistances themselves are super good, I mean what his resistances actually covers. He resist a lot of cheap win methods). And he’s also extremely strange in comparison to what Maxwell usually deals with.

So Maxwell writing an adjective that gets resisted, or getting nuked mid thought (not as in a short amount of time, but as in he has no clue what to even write down here), is also likely.

Back