• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only recall someone made a content revision for Trunks to be upgraded, l do not remember the full reason however.

Does anyone disagree with the downgrade?
What downgrade are you talking about?
I only recall someone made a content revision for Trunks to be upgraded, l do not remember the full reason however.
I've read that whole part of the manga and found nothing that suggest that trunks is stronger than king cold + frieza's power, he did stomp both of them completely and one shot them but that's not enough for 2x increase I think. Can you find the original reason?

All Ginyu Force members save Guldo have higher PL than KKx4 S Saga Goku. That and Recoome literally bodied a Vegeta who despite 2 zenkai boosts withstood the KKx4 Kamehameha before those. So I think them all scaling from 1.3x 5-B is fine.

But I'm fine with removing Trunks 2x multiplier but note he's still a lot stronger than Goku was in Frieza saga and then instead giving it to Future 17 whom Goku, Vegeta, and Present Androids upscale.

All Ginyu Force members save Guldo have higher PL than KKx4 S Saga Goku. That and Recoome literally bodied a Vegeta who despite 2 zenkai boosts withstood the KKx4 Kamehameha before those. So I think them all scaling from 1.3x 5-B is fine.
No, it's not fine

Then Monster Zarbon should be 79 Zettatons as well since he trashed Post-Zenkai Vegeta with ease
We should either downgrade the Ginyu Force to 59.44 Zettatons or upgrade Monster Zarbon to 79.28 Zettatons, whichever you deem more accurate.
I'm leaning towards the first option since, unlike Zarbon, the Ginyu Force have no official power levels and they could very well be below 32,000 while Zarbon can't possibly be stronger than KKx4 Goku.

But I'm fine with removing Trunks 2x multiplier but note he's still a lot stronger than Goku was in Frieza saga and then instead giving it to Future 17 whom Goku, Vegeta, and Present Androids upscale.
I think it's also fine if we scale the ginyu force above kk4 goku, vegeta had a power level of 30000 but recoome completely destroyed him, freeza compared nail to his most elite warriors (who are the ginyu force) and he had a pl of 42000, nails profile also scales him to >= to them. I don't know about the k4 kamehameha scaling to vegeta though, it doesn't really make sense for me but I'll see what peoples opinions are.
Okay so I think it's fine to remove trunks multiplier unless anyone has a source that supports it.
So I just need opinions on ginyu force scaling and trunks.

Does Trunks have any statement regarding multipliers? Mecha Frieza was stated to be cosiderably stronger (or even several times) than 100% Frieza and was confident that he could beat SSJ Goku

Also yeah, SSJ Trunks could at least put somewhat of a fight against Future Android 17 (though not damage him. Vegeta however, does hurt Present Android 18 in their battle), but was easily one shotted by Present Android 17

I think it's also fine if we scale the ginyu force above kk4 goku, vegeta had a power level of 30000 but recoome completely destroyed him, freeza compared nail to his most elite warriors (who are the ginyu force) and he had a pl of 42000, nails profile also scales him to >= to them. I don't know about the k4 kamehameha scaling to vegeta though, it doesn't really make sense for me but I'll see what peoples opinions are.
Okay so I think it's fine to remove trunks multiplier unless anyone has a source that supports it.
So I just need opinions on ginyu force scaling and trunks.
Sorry but i still don't agree with the Ginyu Force scaling to Goku KKx4

Does Trunks have any statement regarding multipliers? Mecha Frieza was stated to be cosiderably stronger (or even several times) than 100% Frieza and was confident that he could beat SSJ Goku

Also yeah, SSJ Trunks could at least put somewhat of a fight against Future Android 17 (though not damage him. Vegeta however, does hurt Present Android 18 in their battle), but was easily one shotted by Present Android 17
In the english dub he was stated to be x10 than he was before.

Okay, instead of worrying about the Zarbon or Ginyu Force, the 1.3x should have Vegeta be the main focus since baseline was his AP feat and 1.3x baseline was his durability feat. Pretty sure a post zenkai Vegeta would have a higher AP rating than a pre zenkai Vegeta's durability. Especially after 2 of them. I honestly do not mind a transformed Zarbon being upgraded, but Ginyu Force should definitely be above Saiyan Saga Vegeta's durability. Furthermore, after one zenkai, he oneshotted Cui who is equal with Saiyan saga Vegeta in every way.

Why we scale Vegeta to times 4 Kaioken? Goku stomped him even with Kaioken times 3 and he only needed KK4 becasue of the added power of the Galick Gun

Also Vegeta was heavily damaged afterwards, and was forced to use his Oozaru form

Bump.
I am neutral about recoome burter and jeice scaling to kk4 goku, there are arguments for and against this, so I'll leave this for you all to decide.
Is it fine to update the original post and remove Trunks' 2x multiplier?

Adding my 2 cents on this.

"According to Daizenshuu 7, Recoome fought all his battles only half-serious.", says the DBZ Wiki. I did find the Daizenshuu 7 in japanese, but I couldn't find that statement. If someone knows japanese, you're free to look.
Either way, we can estimate Recoome wasn't that serious.

Vegeta had an official power level of 30.000, this was also stated in the manga (Kanzenban re-release, in the 1990 release, it was mistakenly "over 20.000")

Recoome is far higher than 30.000
Jeice and Butter are comparable to Recoome according to Gohan and Krillin.

Ginyu estimated Goku has a power level of 60.000 after learning he defeated his soldiers.

Jeice implies 60.000 is an impressive reading

It's very clear that, the Ginyu Force is far higher than 30.000, but far below 60.000

Freeza states 42000 is a "fine add to his men", therefore I'd say Ginyu Force is ~40.000, and it's completely fair to scale them to Kaioken x4 Goku.

If that's not enough for you, okay, we can do this:

Attack Potency: Planet Level (59 Zettatons, likely 79.28 Zettatons)

Much like we do with speed. Still, it's very absurd to say 59 Zettatons is a considerable possibility given how 32.000 vs 30.000 would likely be an even match, which it wasn't.

I say they're 79.3 Zettatons flat.

Adding my 2 cents on this.

"According to Daizenshuu 7, Recoome fought all his battles only half-serious.", says the DBZ Wiki. I did find the Daizenshuu 7 in japanese, but I couldn't find that statement. If someone knows japanese, you're free to look.
Either way, we can estimate Recoome wasn't that serious.

Vegeta had an official power level of 30.000, this was also stated in the manga (Kanzenban re-release, in the 1990 release, it was mistakenly "over 20.000")

Recoome is far higher than 30.000
Jeice and Butter are comparable to Recoome according to Gohan and Krillin.

Ginyu estimated Goku has a power level of 60.000 after learning he defeated his soldiers.

Jeice implies 60.000 is an impressive reading

It's very clear that, the Ginyu Force is far higher than 30.000, but far below 60.000

Freeza states 42000 is a "fine add to his men", therefore I'd say Ginyu Force is ~40.000, and it's completely fair to scale them to Kaioken x4 Goku.

If that's not enough for you, okay, we can do this:

Attack Potency: Planet Level (59 Zettatons, likely 79.28 Zettatons)

Much like we do with speed. Still, it's very absurd to say 59 Zettatons is a considerable possibility given how 32.000 vs 30.000 would likely be an even match, which it wasn't.

I say they're 79.3 Zettatons flat.
I know pretty much all this already but good job I agree with this.
But with that daizenshuu statement, can we upgrade recoome to 120 zettatons straight up?

Last edited:
I honestly don't think there's any contention with removing Trunks being twice as strong as Mecha Frieza since there's seemingly no evidence for it besides him shit stomping Mecha Frieza and King Cold, which I don't think we give a character the combined ap of the people they stomped at the same time unless the group used a combined attack and the character overpowered it (which didn't happen here).

I agree that we should get rid of Trunks x2 multiplier and upgrade Monster Zarbon to 79.28 Zettatons (i'm still not entirely sure about the last one tho)

I am not sure, I just when off of dark dagon man's blog so ask him. The justification is that he was stronger than cold and frieza's combined power, though I don't know if there's a scan for that, I'll read the book to look for a scan like that.
If there is no concrete justification we should get rid of that.

Now to simplify this confusing mess. Future Trunks < Future Gohan < Future Goku <<< Present Goku =< Vegeta < present #18 ~ present #17 > future #17/#18. So trunks, gohan and future Goku as well as yardrat goku scale to the 489 tenaton value, but the present and future androids as well as present Goku and vegeta scale to 978 tenatons.
If we disregard the 2x Future Trunks thing, then Future Trunks, Future Gohan, Future Goku and Yardrat Goku would scale to 244.5 tenatons.
Future 17/18 and Present 17/18 will scale to 489 tenatons.
Present SSJ Goku and Vegeta were no match for 17/18 so they should only scale above 244.5 tenatons, not to 489 tenatons. We don't know exactly how much stronger present androids were in comparison to their future counterparts, and they defeated the saiyans effortlessly so there isn't any reason to eyeball and scale.

After Gohan was defeated by Majin Boo, he was healed by Kibito and became strong enough to pull and lift the Z sword (chapter 472 page 5-6), something which Shin could not do. Boo saga base Goku was also able to perform this feat (chapter 478 page 6). This means that Goku, Vegeta and Gohan would scale above shin in their base forms but that's not all.
About this, Gohan went SSJ to pull out. He was fine lifting it in his base form only. Which implies that pulling out requires more energy than lifting. We never see Shin ever try to lift it. We only know that he can't pull out. So this can't really be used to claim base saiyans are stronger than Shin.

Shin was worried about Vegeta fighting Pui Pui alone (chapter 449 page 5-6), and was shocked at Vegeta's base power after he defeated Pui Pui (chapter 449 page 14)
This is a better logic. But it could also be the case that Shin was just not expecting the saiyans to be that strong and wanted to take extra safety measures because he was aware of Babidi's magic. Although, if we do accept base Saiyans to be stronger than Shin, that will also make base Saiyans stronger than Piccolo.

Btw, I am running a little busy, so I apologize for delay in replies. I have more to say on it so I will be back again.

If there is no concrete justification we should get rid of that.
Yeah we already decided that is the best action.

If we disregard the 2x Future Trunks thing, then Future Trunks, Future Gohan, Future Goku and Yardrat Goku would scale to 244.5 tenatons.
Future 17/18 and Present 17/18 will scale to 489 tenatons.
Present SSJ Goku and Vegeta were no match for 17/18 so they should only scale above 244.5 tenatons, not to 489 tenatons. We don't know exactly how much stronger present androids were in comparison to their future counterparts, and they defeated the saiyans effortlessly so there isn't any reason to eyeball and scale.
Actually vegeta did very well against 18, he was weaker yes but was holding his own was able to damage 18, and keep up with her, and all the Z fighters were impressed, even android 17 was impressed, the main reason vegeta lost was due to his stamina dropping while 18s stamina is infinite and in comparison trunks who broke his sword on 18's body and got two shot while vegeta could still fight after taking a beating and getting his arm broken. He and Goku should scale to present 17/18 especially since he did very well against a much stronger android than the one who scales to the 2x value (present 17/18 > future 17/18).

About this, Gohan went SSJ to pull out. He was fine lifting it in his base form only. Which implies that pulling out requires more energy than lifting. We never see Shin ever try to lift it. We only know that he can't pull out. So this can't really be used to claim base saiyans are stronger than Shin.
I know and took that into account. Shin was inpressed with gohan even weilding the sword and didn't even try to hold it himself. But that is not enough which is why I brought like 13 different reasons why they scale above shin in base and use this as supporting.

This is a better logic. But it could also be the case that Shin was just not expecting the saiyans to be that strong and wanted to take extra safety measures because he was aware of Babidi's magic. Although, if we do accept base Saiyans to be stronger than Shin, that will also make base Saiyans stronger than Piccolo
That might be true for pui pui, but not for yakon where he straight up suggest they all jump him at the same time. There's also dabura's statement. And yes that makes base saiyans above piccolo, the scan is right there of vegeta claiming that he can win the tournament despite piccolo participating without using super saiyan.

Btw, I am running a little busy, so I apologize for delay in replies. I have more to say on it so I will be back again
It's okay. Thank you for your help.

Android 17 states that the combined might of SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Trunks and Piccolo would be too much for Android 18 to handle by herself, which is why Android 17 allowed Vegeta to fight her, but alone, as if the others will join too, so will Android 17. That means that: SSJ Vegeta + SSJ Trunks + Piccolo > Android 18

As Trunks is very clearly far below SSJ Vegeta at this point, the difference between Vegeta and Android 18 is not very big

Also, Trunks states that Vegeta is managing to hold his own very well against Android 18, who is fighting at full power at this point. Trunks also mentioned that despite the power gap between the Androids and SSJ Gohan being at least 2 times, Trunks was able to put somewhat of a fight against them, but the same Trunks was also defeated in a single attack by Present 17

That would mean that Vegeta should definitely scale above the Future Androids (who are much weaker than the present Androids), as he put up a very good fight against Androids far stronger than the ones Trunks had to face in the Future. Also, the 489 Tenatons comes from Future 17, not the present 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back