• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z: Broly Triple Threat is canon to Dragon Ball Z Anime

So I saw Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly like few days ago and there was a scene where Android 18 confronted Hercule Satan about paying her up about regarding to letting him win a fight over her in 25th World Martial Arts Tournament which is a scene they showed from the Dragon Ball Z Anime. Don't believe me? Here is the proof:
awcn2Fo.png

hvTt8Ih.png

So yeah we are going to update Broly to Tier 3-B: Multi-Galaxy level, might as well update the Cell Saga characters and Buu Saga characters in Dragon Ball Z Anime accordingly lol. If not, might as well just separate Dragon Ball Movie from Dragon Ball Anime and do separate power scaling all together.

So I saw Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly like few days ago and there was a scene where Android 18 confronted Hercule Satan about paying her up about regarding to letting him win a fight over her in 25th World Martial Arts Tournament which is a scene they showed from the Dragon Ball Z Anime. Don't believe me? Here is the proof:
awcn2Fo.png

hvTt8Ih.png

So yeah we are going to update Broly to Tier 3-B: Multi-Galaxy level, might as well update the Cell Saga characters and Buu Saga characters in Dragon Ball Z Anime accordingly lol. If not, might as well just separate Dragon Ball Movie from Dragon Ball Anime and do separate power scaling all together.
A while ago I just updated Broly Toei to solid 3-B, he devastated the entire Southern Galaxy (which confirmed having countless of them inside) and later if not stopped he would destroy the entire universe, Brolly's feat is greater than any Z anime in scale

I don't remember much about the third Broly movie, but if that's right I completely agree.

A while ago I just updated Broly Toei to solid 3-B, he devastated the entire Southern Galaxy (which confirmed having countless of them inside) and later if not stopped he would destroy the entire universe, Brolly's feat is greater than any Z anime in scale

I don't remember much about the third Broly movie, but if that's right I completely agree.
Yeah you could just look up the movie online for free.

awcn2Fo.png

hvTt8Ih.png

problem with this is, the broly movies have no way to fit into the cannon timeline

like, there is no place to put them to make sense

problem with this is, the broly movies have no way to fit into the cannon timeline

Well, If you could stretch a little, you could say that between the 2 days that Trunks and Goten are training fusion, 18 decides that her wants the money mr satan promisses her, and Goten and Trunks stop they training to tag along, the movie happens, and they come back to the lookout after that.

Well, If you could stretch a little, you could say that between the 2 days that Trunks and Goten are training fusion, 18 decides that her wants the money mr satan promisses her, and Goten and Trunks stop they training to tag along, the movie happens, and they come back to the lookout after that.
and everyone forgot about majin buu? what about the other 2 movies? those can't connect either

The first Broly film could easily fit into the timeline, like they fought Broly while waiting for Cell Games after their HBTC training. This is evident when the prove are easily given with their transformations. The second Broly film I am guessing takes place before the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament, and the third Broly film takes place after the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament.

Last edited:
The first Broly film could easily fit into the timeline, like they fought Broly while waiting for Cell Games after their HBTC training.
It really could't trought, for 3 reasons.
1- Gohan and Goku are not Super Saiyans in the movie, even trought in that period they are training constatly to stay in that forma for longe period of time.

2 - Cell give them 10 days to prepare for the tournament, and the movie take atleast 2 days to get done, so It should be able to take place... But, during that week, some Characters are training in the Room of sprit and time for atleast a Day, Goku goes searching to restore the Dragon Balls, the anime include some fillers during that time, and the plano of erradicate the Saiyans also occur during that time (Goku references Broly in the Movie).
The week as packed with events, so i really can't see where in the hell they save time to Broly.

3 - After the fight, the Z Warriors have taking a beating by Broly and spend ALL they energy too beat him, so they couldn't be in Full health to fight Cell, and Senzu Bean is not exactly a options since they are Very hard to make, they couldn't have a bunch of them.

The first Broly film could easily fit into the timeline, like they fought Broly while waiting for Cell Games after their HBTC training.
in which goku and gohan stayed super sayan during the entire time, that was kind of the point of their training, yet they are in base form in the movie

This is evident when the prove are easily given with their transformations. The second Broly film I am guessing takes place before the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament
yet videl knows how to fly, goten and trunks know how to fuse

, and the third Broly film takes place after the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament.
which still gives problems like i said above

I disagree fra.

It's not referenced in either the anime or manga so why should we use it for them.

Who wants to create a Son Goku (DBZ Movie) profile to separate from Son Goku (DBZ Anime) profile? Give me a show of hands.

Who wants to create a Son Goku (DBZ Movie) profile to separate from Son Goku (DBZ Anime) profile? Give me a show of hands.
the thing is, some of the movies are even contradictory to eachother, plus is there any reason to assume any of them is in canon to the other?

the thing is, some of the movies are even contradictory to eachother, plus is there any reason to assume any of them is in canon to the other?
Multiple movie villains appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn. Also according to Toriyama or what it somebody stated in a interview, the movies takes place in a alternate dimension timeline from the anime. Which makes the movies in a way canon to each other.

Multiple movie villains appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn.
so what? doesn't change the fact that they don't fit in the story, those are merely references at least and at most that just means that there is versions of those character in toei continuity

Also according to Toriyama or what it somebody stated in a interview, the movies takes place in a alternate dimension timeline from the anime.
toryama didn't made the movies, he has little to no say in this case, plus as said before, some of the movies contradict each other so they can't be in the same continuity

Which makes the movies in a way canon to each other.
explain the numerous contradictions to the cannon of the show then

so what? doesn't change the fact that they don't fit in the story, those are merely references at least and at most that just means that there is versions of those character in toei continuity

toryama didn't made the movies, he has little to no say in this case, plus as said before, some of the movies contradict each other so they can't be in the same continuity

explain the numerous contradictions to the cannon of the show then
So if we can't scale the movies to each other nor can we scale the movies with the anime, then we have only one option. Either hakai the movie character profiles which no one wants or we scale the movie characters based off what we know from their movies. I really hate cherry picking here.

Back