• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but also can't be used to scale hell to a size since it is janemba fusing the 2 together, also, the cloud layer is not relevant, the portal in it is however, since hell isn't located bellow it physically, the logic for that to be used for its size still couldn't be used
why wouldn’t it exactly?

It’s not like hell grew in size in response to the merger it only made it so that the barrier no longer existed making its size visibly comparable to what would be the cloud layer above it, ( which had been turned into glass jellybeans at the time)

Its like knocking off a wall to see into another room.

why wouldn’t it exactly?

It’s not like hell grew in size in response to the merger it only made it so that the barrier no longer existed making its size visibly comparable to what would be the cloud layer above it, ( which had been turned into glass jellybeans at the time)

Its like knocking off a wall to see into another room.
Did we ever see the full extension of hell in the movie? Did we ever saw it extending theough all the cloud layer? Because that would be the only way for it to be used to say that it is as big as it

Yeah, but also can't be used to scale hell to a size since it is janemba fusing the 2 together, also, the cloud layer is not relevant, the portal in it is however, since hell isn't located bellow it physically, the logic for that to be used for its size still couldn't be used
the lower layer of hell literally extends just as far as the afterlife, it makes no sense to be less than uni in size, and why can't there just be a second cloud layer beyond the portal from hell?

the lower layer of hell literally extends just as far as the afterlife
Says who? As explained, since they are separated space times you can't use the "it is bellow the cloud layer extendending all bellow it" argument, since space times are completely separated from one another spatialy and timely, as such, hell is impossible to be bellow the layer of clouds without not being a space time, you can't have your cake and eat it too

it makes no sense to be less than uni in size
it makes no sense because? I have explained why non universal in size works just as good

and why can't there just be a second cloud layer beyond the portal from hell?
Even if there is(you would need to prove that) it still doesn't help to prove hell's size, since it would be as big as hell in this case and not as big as the afterlife's, which still lead us with the same problem of not knowing its size

Says who? As explained, since they are separated space times you can't use the "it is bellow the cloud layer extendending all bellow it" argument, since space times are completely separated from one another spatialy and timely, as such, hell is impossible to be bellow the layer of clouds without not being a space time, you can't have your cake and eat it too
if hell is below the cloud layer, it cannot be a separate spacetime is just flawed IMO. The idea that separate spacetimes cannot intersect or be connected in any way is not necessarily true. In theories of physics, such as string theory or multiverse theories, there can be instances of overlapping or interconnected regions between different spacetimes. Problem with this wiki is just logic tbh

if hell is below the cloud layer, it cannot be a separate spacetime is just flawed IMO. The idea that separate spacetimes cannot intersect or be connected in any way is not necessarily true. In theories of physics, such as string theory or multiverse theories, there can be instances of overlapping or interconnected regions between different spacetimes. Problem with this wiki is just logic tbh
Again, for our tiering purposes this is how it works, a space time cannot be physically connected to another, as you pointed out, this i a wiki "problem" as you put it, so unless you make a thread to change the space time standards, we can't do much here

Again, for our tiering purposes this is how it works, a space time cannot be physically connected to another, as you pointed out, this i a wiki "problem" as you put it, so unless you make a thread to change the space time standards, we can't do much here
Wait if the afterlife is accepted to be Universal in size than heaven and hell should be as well. if the afterlife, as a whole, is the size of the universe then its individual components, such as heaven and hell, would reflect the same scale.

Yes, it has always been the size of the Universe, but now it will have a calculation to be bigger and if it is accepted, all kingdoms will have the Universal size inside.
Than the realms omgea want to downgrade should be irrelevent. Hell, demon realm, Gogeta vs Broly dimension. Only the kaioshen realm makes sense for a downgrade. Since the afterlife is being calced bigger than the universe than those realms are not only baseline 3-A

Wait if the afterlife is accepted to be Universal in size than heaven and hell should be as well. if the afterlife, as a whole, is the size of the universe then its individual components, such as heaven and hell, would reflect the same scale.
hell is not a "component" in the afterlife, it is another space time, as such it is not physically conected to the afterlife as explained multiple times here, heaven is in the afterlife and it is accepted as universal in size, which makes the afterlife bigger than the living universe, hell however is not in virtue of being an alternate space time, so the afterlife size is not relevant at all to hell since hell is not part of it, at least, not spatio temporrally speaking

if you want to argue that it is however, than you would need to give up on it being a space time, since space times for our tiering purposes cannot be physically connected to one another

Than the realms omgea want to downgrade should be irrelevent. Hell, demon realm, Gogeta vs Broly dimension. Only the kaioshen realm makes sense for a downgrade. Since the afterlife is being calced bigger than the universe than those realms are not only baseline 3-A
If this topic passes soon there will be another one, I'll update mine and refute this thing here.

Yes, it has always been the size of the Universe, but now it will have a calculation to be bigger and if it is accepted, all kingdoms will have the Universal size inside.
the only realms that would receive an upgrade with the calc are the kaioshin realm(since it is stated to be 1/10 of the afterlife and living universe size) and the afterlife itself, all the others do not have anything to do with the afterlife for its size to matter to then, plus the demon realm is explicitly stated to be small

hell is not a "component" in the afterlife, it is another space time, as such it is not physically conected to the afterlife as explained multiple times here, heaven is in the afterlife and it is accepted as universal in size, which makes the afterlife bigger than the living universe, hell however is not in virtue of being an alternate space time, so the afterlife size is not relevant at all to hell since hell is not part of it, at least, not spatio temporrally speaking

if you want to argue that it is however, than you would need to give up on it being a space time, since space times for our tiering purposes cannot be physically connected to one another
Wait you think I am an agreement with hell being a different spacetime? I just disagree with the idea of those realms not being Universe size which is not true.

Wait you think I am an agreement with hell being a different spacetime? I just disagree with the idea of those realms not being Universe size which is not true.
okay then, so you suggest that hell is not a separated space time but physically connected with the afterlife?

the only realms that would receive an upgrade with the calc are the kaioshin realm(since it is stated to be 1/10 of the afterlife and living universe size) and the afterlife itself, all the others do not have anything to do with the afterlife for its size to matter to then, plus the demon realm is explicitly stated to be small
I read the demon realm scan from the daizenshuu, It could honestly be interpertated as a different Universe than the living World."a world in a dimension on the other side of the universe" suggests that there is another world located in a different dimension, specifically on the other side of the universe. This would involve fundamental differences in physical laws, properties, or characteristics. Which make sense since the guide explain the realm doesn't work the same way as the living world. I believe the small statement is kind of recton tbh

I read the demon realm scan from the daizenshuu, It could honestly be interpertated as a different Universe than the living World."a world in a dimension on the other side of the universe" suggests that there is another world located in a different dimension, specifically on the other side of the universe. This would involve fundamental differences in physical laws, properties, or characteristics. Which make sense since the guide explain the realm doesn't work the same way as the living world. I believe the small statement is kind of recton tbh
don't forget this part of the op:
"even if it is an alternate dimension, we have a stated size for it from Akira himself:
"The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins." so yeah, it is very small in size and not universal as a low 2-C space time has to be by our standards"

even if it is another space time dimension, it would still be way too small to be low 2-C

don't forget this part of the op:
"even if it is an alternate dimension, we have a stated size for it from Akira himself:
"The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins." so yeah, it is very small in size and not universal as a low 2-C space time has to be by our standards"

even if it is another space time dimension, it would still be way too small to be low 2-C
That's referring to the macrocosom by "universe". the statement you provided doesn't even disprove the possibility of the Demon Realm being universe-sized. It simply suggests that the Demon Realm is relatively small compared to the larger universes

That's referring to the macrocosom by "universe".
nope, as per the complementary information of the other guides, "universe" means the living universe, since that is where the demon realm is said to be in

the statement you provided doesn't even disprove the possibility of the Demon Realm being universe-sized. It simply suggests that the Demon Realm is relatively small compared to the larger universes
"The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. " it is said to be of the size of a hideout, and to be very small in comparison to the universe, that and plus nothing ever stating that it is of the size of a universe

Last edited:
"The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. " it is said to be of the size of a hideout, and to be very small in comparison to the universe
You didn't address my point that the statement you send doesn't disprove the possibility of the Demon Realm being universe-sized. You focused on the aspect of the statement mentioning the small scale and size of the Demon Realm compared to the universe.

nope, as per the complementary information of the other guides, "universe" means the living universe, since that is where the demon realm is said to be in
I'm sorry what? I am confused what you mean by "Living Universe" Because the living World is the afterlife, the top half is outer space while the the bottom half is the Demon Realm. Also Universe can still be Interpertated as ''Macrocosm" here since the demon realm does exist in the macrocosm. And also Universe doesn't always mean the living Universe.

there is a cloud layer below the portal to hell, thats how we can assume its universal in size
how does that prove that it is universal in size? again, even if there is a cloud layer in hell, that still doesn't prove that it is universal in size, hell's cloud layer would be as big as however big hell is, this was already covered

You didn't address my point that the statement you send doesn't disprove the possibility of the Demon Realm being universe-sized.
1 the point is that there is nothing saying that it is universal in size even if it is another dimension, which it is still nebulous if it is
2 it is litteraly said to be the size of a hideout

You focused on the aspect of the statement mentioning the small scale and size of the Demon Realm compared to the universe.
no, i focused on the part where the specific size is given, that being of a hideout

I'm sorry what? I am confused what you mean by "Living Universe" Because the living World is the afterlife
no, the living universe is the normal universe where goku lives, the bottom part where there is galaxies and whatnot, this is what it is called, "living universe" in contrast to the "realm of the dead" or "afterlife"

, the top half is outer space while the the bottom half is the Demon Realm. Also Universe can still be Interpertated as ''Macrocosm" here since the demon realm does exist in the macrocosm. And also Universe doesn't always mean the living Universe.
you ignored the part where i explained why it is saying "living universe" in this context
read the op again in the demon realm part, guides states that the demon realm is in the living universe, so we can associate that this is what akira is refering to, you said yourself "Also Universe can still be Interpertated" "And also Universe doesn't always mean the living Universe", the possibility of it being said in reference to the entire macrocosm is only a possibility, the other possibility however, the one where it is talking about the living universe, is corroborated by guides, therefore it is the more likely one

2 it is litteraly said to be the size of a hideout
The size of a hideout is a subjective measurement and can vary depending on the context. "size" can have different interpretations. It can refer to physical dimensions, spatial extent, or even the population or scope of a particular realm. Therefore, it is possible that the statement referring to the demon realm as the size of a hideout may not necessarily imply smallness in a spatial sense, but could be highlighting other aspects such as its confined nature or limited occupancy.
no, i focused on the part where the specific size is given, that being of a hideout
Still would prove my point on not addressing what I said.

no, the living universe is the normal universe where goku lives, the bottom part where there is galaxies and whatnot, this is what it is called, "living universe" in contrast to the "realm of the dead" or "afterlife"
Even then if the Universe = Living Universe, we cannot definitively conclude that the demon realm is not the same size as the universe based on that statement alone. you are asserting that the demon realm is not the same size as the universe based on the statement that it is described as the size of a hideout for mages. However, you are drawing a conclusion from a lack of evidence.

Drawing a conclusion from that one statement is still better than a flat out assumption
Drawing a conclusion from a single statement without considering other relevant factors, context, or supporting evidence can lead to hasty or inaccurate conclusions. Both are wrong though Plus it still would be an assumption as well on drawing a conclusion from that one statement

The size of a hideout is a subjective measurement and can vary depending on the context. "size" can have different interpretations. It can refer to physical dimensions, spatial extent, or even the population or scope of a particular realm.
any proof that it is meaning those instead of the direct meaning simpler meaning?

Therefore, it is possible that the statement referring to the demon realm as the size of a hideout may not necessarily imply smallness in a spatial sense, but could be highlighting other aspects such as its confined nature or limited occupancy.
"it is possible" do you have any evidence that it is in this case? you are assuming with no base or evidence to not take the statement directly, if you are saying that the demon realm is universal in size then show proof of it

Even then if the Universe = Living Universe, we cannot definitively conclude that the demon realm is not the same size as the universe based on that statement alone. you are asserting that the demon realm is not the same size as the universe based on the statement that it is described as the size of a hideout for mages. However, you are drawing a conclusion from a lack of evidence.
we have evidence, it is called to be small, and to be the size of a hideout, and we have no statement or proof that it is universal in size whatsoever, so if you are going to respond again, i suggest please showing proof that it is universal in size, because all you have been doing is saying "well it could mean this" "it doesn't take away the possibility of this", without showing evidence or reason for the realm to be universal in size, this is the point of this thread, it doesn't have a statement for it to be universal in size, therefore we can't assume that it is, the other stuff for it is just the nail in the coffin

"it is possible" do you have any evidence that it is in this case? you are assuming with no base or evidence to not take the statement directly, if you are saying that the demon realm is universal in size then show proof of it
It's all up to interpertation here buddy but again your reasons follows Akira point without understanding how words are simply subjective

we have evidence, it is called to be small, and to be the size of a hideout, and we have no statement or proof that it is universal in size whatsoever, so if you are going to respond again, i suggest please showing proof that it is universal in size, because all you have been doing is saying "well it could mean this" "it doesn't take away the possibility of this", without showing evidence or reason for the realm to be universal in size, this is the point of this thread, it doesn't have a statement for it to be universal in size, therefore we can't assume that it is, the other stuff for it is just the nail in the coffin
This is fiction, it being called small is just subjective and even hideout doesn't prove anything. You do realize words are subjective and can mean anything? matter of fact, do you have any evidence of the size of the hide out? Because a hide out can have any size. "The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages" can be interpreted in different ways. The comparison to a "hideout" suggests that the Demon Realm is relatively small in scale compared to the larger universe. However, the exact size of the hideout or the Demon Realm is not specified." This discussion end right here if theres evidence for the size of the hideout

Last edited:
Do you know how big this "hideout" supposedly is?
Well, not an exact size, but according to akira it is a very small one, but i think we are losing the purpose here, i will concede on the hideout part since it is a minor part of the point anyway

It's all up to interpertation here buddy
but again your reasons follows Akira point without understanding how words are simply subjective
Considering that he is saying that it is small in comparison to the universe, i would say that saying that it is smaller than the universe is very blatant

This is fiction, it being called small is just subjective
don't separate the phrase, it is said to be small in comparison to the universe, and it doesn't have universal statements, so it isn't universal in size, this is the important part of the point

and even hideout doesn't prove anything.
You do realize words are subjective and can mean anything? matter of fact, do you have any evidence of the size of the hide out? Because a hide out can have any size.
Ok i will drop the hideout part, still doesn't have proof that it is universal in size tho, with it even being called "small" in comparison to the living universe where it is in, this is the important part of the point

Ok i will drop the hideout part, still doesn't have proof that it is universal in size tho, with it even being called "small" in comparison to the living universe where it is in, this is the important part of the point
Isn't it stated to be a reverse of the living universe as well as having its own quadrants? Baseline uni should be the bare minimum assumption.

"A world in a dimension on the other side of 'the universe'" suggests the existence of an alternative dimension. It implies that there is another dimension that is distinct from the known universe. And no, the fact that the world is located in the living universe does not necessarily disprove it being an alternative dimension. An alternative dimensions can still exist within or be part of a larger universe. Anyways I'll let the casket rott and wait for luffy

"A world in a dimension on the other side of 'the universe'" suggests the existence of an alternative dimension. It implies that there is another dimension that is distinct from the known universe.
"it is a world confirmed to be in the Living World."
It is said to be in the living universe, wether or not it is another dimension is not important for the main point about its size tho, so idk why everyone is focusing so much on that

And no, the fact that the world is located in the living universe does not necessarily disprove it being an alternative dimension.
An alternative dimensions can still exist within or be part of a larger universe
Which is what the entire macrocosm of db is, in this case we have comfirmation that it is inside the living universe with a translation that says that it is a "world", this at least shows that it is a minor dimension as part of the living universe instead of a full one like the afterlife and the kaioshin realm

Again, i covered this in the op, the main point is that we don't have statements or proofs of it size, so we can't jusr assume that it is universal in size like the earlier thread suggested

I don't understand why should the demon realm be universal in size when no source, no statement or even an interview saying this was pressented, all we have is an interview where akira says that in comparison to the universe the demon realm is very small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back