• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now waits for the chaos when people debate the legitimacy of a non-canon game that has some canon elements as backstory that was not shown in the manga

You can say the Bonyu sections are definitely canon, but everything else is more up in the air. For example, would we consider the Frieza Force Chef on Namek to be canon? His species seems to have green skin and red hair, and they gain numerous massive buffs by eating different fruits.

All we really know, to memory, is that Toriyama wrote interactions and stories in the game, nothing else.

In original Japanese Dub Of anime When Vegeta and Nappa arrive on Earth you can still see the Moon

https://imgur.com/a/odqPymd

Akira Toriyama retconned the entire scene of Vegeta saying there was no Moon and had him transform into a Great Ape via Power Ball because the sky was still daytime. https://imgur.com/a/3pPfsnF

In original Japanese Dub Vegeta and Nappa arrive on Earth at 11:40 AM. Since they quickly destroyed the city they were in I would guess it took them 20 mins or less to reach Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin. So let's say the battle with Saibamen started a little passed Noon 12:00 in the afternoon, maybe 12:05 - 12:10. As there is dialogue before the fight about piccolo origins of being a Namek, the Dragonballs, and the other z fighters showing up. The battle with Saibamen and Nappa was quick in manga. I'd assume it was 20 mins or close to 30 so maybe it was 12:30 - 12:40 in the afternoon when Vegeta says they will wait 3 hours for Goku to arrive. So now it is 3:30 - 3:40 pm when the battle resumes. Goku shows up like 5 - 15 Mins later. After a few min dialogue between Goku and Nappa that battle should be no longer than 10 mins. Goku and Vegeta then battle in a prolonged fight giving it everything they have let's say this took 30 mins. The time would still be 4:30 - 4:40 A full moon wouldn't even logically be up by that time.

This would create plotholes for the past but this wouldn't be the first time. AT retconned the entire original Bardock Movie into Dragonball Minus. Plus the whole S cells with saiyans, bibidi never created Majin Boo instead Boo is a entity that's been around for billions of years Thus Goku and Piccolo BOZ would only scale from their 23rd Budokai versions just a bit stronger maybe 6-B.

No, Piccolo and Goku scale to Piccolo's direct feat of blowing up the moon, we see it happen on screen and then Vegeta actively searching for the moon and not finding it, stop the reaching, DB Kakarot was talking about the fake moon from the filler episode, not the moon Piccolo blew up.

Dragomer said:
No, Piccolo and Goku scale to Piccolo's direct feat of blowing up the moon, we see it happen on screen and then Vegeta actively searching for the moon and not finding it, stop the reaching, DB Kakarot was talking about the fake moon from the filler episode, not the moon Piccolo blew up.
The scene you're talking about doesn't even show up in the game. They are talking about Kid Gohan pre training with piccolo. As in the picture it shows Gohan pre Orange Gi. Toriyama retconned Vegeta not finding moon in the game as well as after the Kamehameha and Galick Gun clash Vegeta doesn't say anything about the moon and just makes his own. Also the sky is still quite blue so the moon would not even be visible.

Mister Fix It 200 said:
Dragomer said:
The scene you're talking about doesn't even show up in the game. They are talking about Kid Gohan pre training with piccolo. As in the picture it shows Gohan pre Orange Gi. Toriyama retconned Vegeta not finding moon in the game as well as after the Kamehameha and Galick Gun clash Vegeta doesn't say anything about the moon and just makes his own. Also the sky is still quite blue so the moon would not even be visible.
No, Toriyama didn't retcon anything and i'm talking about the illusion thing, that's what it was refering to, nothing else.

Given that Vegeta can fly around the whole world easily, talking about blue sky is meaningless, Vegeta searched for it (meaning he could find it if it hadn't been destroyed) and didn't find it, nothing was retconned.

No, Toriyama didn't retcon anything and i'm talking about the illusion thing, that's what it was refering to, nothing else.

Given that Vegeta can fly around the whole world easily, talking about blue sky is meaningless, Vegeta searched for it (meaning he could find it if it hadn't been destroyed) and didn't find it, nothing was retconned.

No it was indeed retconned.' Akira Toriyama retconned Piccolo busting the Moon he made a illusion the moon was destroyed. Kid Gohan in his yellow and green suit getting chased by a dinosaur is proof that they are referring to when Gohan first transformed. As this happens in the game. The hologram moon epis de that you are talking about DOES NOT appear in the game, and in the anime Gohan was already far into his training with piccolo when that episode happened and had his Orange gi, the picture next to the statement is Gohan still in his yellow and green clothes. https://imgur.com/a/EPVBuO2

The Japanese Dub you can still see the Moon when Nappa and Vegeta arrive to earth https://m.imgur.com/a/OLvHgiZ

The Here scene of Vegeta looking for the Moon does not happen in the game

https://imgur.com/a/cmso7iz

Instead this happens

https://imgur.com/a/w0OWrUI Right after the Kamehameha Galick Gun struggle Vegeta lands back down to make his own power ball. He never once mentions that there is no Moon. Also the sky is blue and not dark yet, so the Full Moon would not be visible. This means major CRT downgrade to Saiyan Saga Tiers being 6-B - 6-A scaling from their 23rd Budokai counterparts.

Mister Fix It 200 said:
The scene you're talking about doesn't even show up in the game. They are talking about Kid Gohan pre training with piccolo. As in the picture it shows Gohan pre Orange Gi.
Toriyama retconned Vegeta not finding moon in the game as well as after the Kamehameha and Galick Gun clash Vegeta doesn't say anything about the moon and just makes his own. Also the sky is still quite blue so the moon would not even be visible.

No it was indeed retconned.' Akira Toriyama retconned Piccolo busting the Moon he made a illusion the moon was destroyed. Kid Gohan in his yellow and green suit getting chased by a dinosaur is proof that they are referring to when Gohan first transformed. As this happens in the game. The hologram moon epis de that you are talking about DOES NOT appear in the game, and in the anime Gohan was already far into his training with piccolo when that episode happened and had his Orange gi, the picture next to the statement is Gohan still in his yellow and green clothes.
https://imgur.com/a/EPVBuO2

The Japanese Dub you can still see the Moon when Nappa and Vegeta arrive to earth https://m.imgur.com/a/OLvHgiZ

The Here scene of Vegeta looking for the Moon does not happen in the game

https://imgur.com/a/cmso7iz

Instead this happens

https://imgur.com/a/w0OWrUI Right after the Kamehameha Galick Gun struggle Vegeta lands back down to make his own power ball. He never once mentions that there is no Moon. Also the sky is blue and not dark yet, so the Full Moon would not be visible. This means major CRT downgrade to Saiyan Saga Tiers being 6-B - 6-A scaling from their 23rd Budokai counterparts.

No, he didn't, what appear or not in the game doesn't change what the codex entry refer to.

That's the anime and that's just a minor scene's inconsistency to make a shot look better, that change nothing.

Obviously it doesn't happen, you can't just leave the playable character's point of view in the middle of a game, unlike a manga.

Except that sky being blue or not change nothing when Vegeta can easily fly around the world or high enough to see the moon anyway.

So no, this mean nothing, having a scene cut because you can't leave Goku's POV like that in game doesn't suddenly uncanonise the manga.

In the anime, Vegeta had chestnut-brown hair and green-and-orange battle armor for like five entire episodes before Toriyama finally gave them the real coloration.

I don't trust anything about what the Z anime shows visually. The original manga will always take precedence.

These trolls might as well be arguing like this dude I knew on an RP site. Used an off-the-wall 2016 quote from J.K Rowling's FAQ section on her website that said Accio was at or close to light speed or some shit to justify Voldemort having FTL reaction speeds, when the original source material clearly contradicts that. Same for Piccolo blowing up the moon. There were multiple panels and pages dedicated not only to its destruction, but Vegeta's futile search for it afterward. This 100% takes precedence over a poorly-worded codex snippet that is more than likely a mistranslation regarding Z filler as opposed to an actual retcon. I would love to have Herms or someone translate the original Japanese version of it so we can have a more reliable translation (especially considering how poorly Bandai-Namco and the other production companies involved in these games oversee their translations).

Unfortunately, I've no idea how or where we might find the original Japanese text to do so.

According to the game, "for being a Saiyan, Goku is able to transform into Oozaru, as long as he has his tail. In order to prevent Goku from transforming again, Kami Sama removed his tail. There is still a small chance that it will grow back, although it does not seem to be the case when a Saiyan becomes as strong as Goku."

So according to the game, the tail only grows to compensate for a low power level?

Giving a bit more context, a Saiyan's tail has an 8% chance of growing back, but it does NOT seem to grow back if the Saiyan's power exceeds that of his Oozaru transformation before losing his tail.

That could explain why Universe 6 Saiyans don't have tails--they improved as a species to the point that the Oozaru form became unnecessary for their survival.

...Ultimately, I kind of hate that idea. The Oozaru form is one of my favorite parts of Dragon Ball, and I've always wanted to see more done with it, not less. Like c'mon, imagine a SSBE Great Ape Vegeta in his current battle armor. Have something like from the DBMultiverse fan comic where Vegeta could create a Blutz Wave generator in his eyes to go Great Ape, without giving his opponents a moon or power ball to destroy...

Oh, well. My dreams of Dragon Ball occasionally featuring kaiju fights will never come true. (Always thought it a bitter disappointment that Goku couldn't go Oozaru to match Giant Form Piccolo, or Super Great Ape to fight Hirudegarn on an even scale...)

I mean, 'your body decide the tail is a liability and stop regrowing it after you reach a certain level of power' is basicaly what Toriyama said about it anyway, that codex is basicaly Toriyama's quote with a bit of info added (the 8% thing)

I agree it's too bad for the Kaiju fights but DB was always very Wuxia inspired and Kaiju fight are few and far between in that genre.

Don't you just hate that moment in life when you're broke so you have to use TheRadBrad as an outlet to the DBZK experience.

AKM sama said:
Now waits for the chaos when people debate the legitimacy of a non-canon game that has some canon elements as backstory that was not shown in the manga
And I'm waiting for people to use Dragon Ball Online to upgrade Chronoa to 2-A.

I like how even TFS had to come out against the 'Goku is a bad dad' meme when a few article about it popped up around DB Kakarot.

The head writer for TFS, KaiserNeko, has stated repeatedly over the last two years that he's long reflected and thought about how they could have handled the Goku and Gohan thing differently.

How bout u guys talk about something that's actually relevant like the recent Super manga chapter given leaks are popping out

can someone please explain to me how SSG Goku scales to Beerus's speed flying to that alien planet to get food?

If you mean the planet he half-destroyed, I would assume it's assumed that Beerus was using roughly the same maximum of power across all of Battle of Gods.

Tipper17 said:
How bout u guys talk about something that's actually relevant like the recent Super manga chapter given leaks are popping out
The manga chapter aren't relevant since the staff already said we don't use info from the manga like the angels being immortal.

The manga chapter aren't relevant since the staff already said we don't use info from the manga like the angels being immortal.

Yet we have profiles for characters like vegeta,moro and goku in the manga version so nah it's relevant

Tipper17 said:
Yet we have profiles for characters like vegeta,moro and goku in the manga version so nah it's relevant
Nah, it's really not, We don't even have a Merus profile, it's irrelevant.

CryoTheMayo said:
If you mean the planet he half-destroyed, I would assume it's assumed that Beerus was using roughly the same maximum of power across all of Battle of Gods.
No, I meant how he almost instantly traveled to this super distant planet because he said Whis was taking too long to get food. There's nothing that suggests he was as suppressed then as when he fought Goku.

PFM18 said:
CryoTheMayo said:
No, I meant how he almost instantly traveled to this super distant planet because he said Whis was taking too long to get food. There's nothing that suggests he was as suppressed then as when he fought Goku.
So Beerus would use less power when getting excited during a fight he has been waiting decades for than to follow Whis to tell him he was a few seconds late ? given how lazy Beerus is, he would have went to sleep rather than go after Whis if it took any energy to follow Whis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back