• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragomer said:
PFM18 said:
CryoTheMayo said:
If you mean the planet he half-destroyed, I would assume it's assumed that Beerus was using roughly the same maximum of power across all of Battle of Gods.
No, I meant how he almost instantly traveled to this super distant planet because he said Whis was taking too long to get food. There's nothing that suggests he was as suppressed then as when he fought Goku.
So Beerus would use less power when getting excited during a fight he has been waiting decades for than to follow Whis to tell him he was a few seconds late ? given how lazy Beerus is, he would have went to sleep rather than go after Whis if it took any energy to follow Whis.
We know for a fact that he used less than .1% of his power against Goku. SSBKKx20 Goku is still weaker than Beerus. Why the hell would he use 1/1000th of his power when trying to catch up to Whis? At least against Goku, he knew that Goku couldn't handle any more power than he was using so there was a reason to not use more.

PFM18 said:
Dragomer said:
PFM18 said:
CryoTheMayo said:
If you mean the planet he half-destroyed, I would assume it's assumed that Beerus was using roughly the same maximum of power across all of Battle of Gods.
No, I meant how he almost instantly traveled to this super distant planet because he said Whis was taking too long to get food. There's nothing that suggests he was as suppressed then as when he fought Goku.
So Beerus would use less power when getting excited during a fight he has been waiting decades for than to follow Whis to tell him he was a few seconds late ? given how lazy Beerus is, he would have went to sleep rather than go after Whis if it took any energy to follow Whis.
We know for a fact that he used less than .1% of his power against Goku. SSBKKx20 Goku is still weaker than Beerus. Why the hell would he use 1/1000th of his power when trying to catch up to Whis? At least against Goku, he knew that Goku couldn't handle any more power than he was using so there was a reason to not use more.
Because he is a lazy **** we've litteraly never seen powering up and if using more energy than he did against Goku was something he constantly use for minor chore he wouldn't gave a shit about SSJG Goku, it's made clear that the ammount he used against SSJG Goku was far above what he usualy use.

Dragon Ball Super Manga is ahead of the anime....therefore it's relevant, and when the anime comes out anything that didn't appear in the manga will be filler. Some of you guys just choose to not take info from other sources.

Dragomer said:
PFM18 said:
Dragomer said:
PFM18 said:
CryoTheMayo said:
Because he is a lazy **** we've litteraly never seen powering up and if using more energy than he did against Goku was something he constantly use for minor chore he wouldn't gave a shit about SSJG Goku, it's made clear that the ammount he used against SSJG Goku was far above what he usualy use.
why SHOULD he give a shit about SSG Goku? He's literally an absolute bare minimum of 1,000x stronger than Goku. He's more of a challenge than he has ever had, still he's absolutely ******* nothing to him. Doesn't make a ton of sense either way. There's no reason why he should be so suppressed to travel places he wants to go. He's impatient, why would he want to take longer to get places?? Especially thousands of times slower?

He did, we litteraly see on screen that he cared about fighting Goku and that he liked it enough to spare earth and express his amazement at Goku multiple time.

Yes, Goku was basicaly nothing to him but at was still the best he had in a long ass time, that's even the only moment we even saw Beerus's aura, he was clearly putting more effort in that than in nonchallantly walking up to Whis.

There is a reason, he is lazy and clearly making no effort nor does he seems to be anything other than his usualy lazy self.

For the same reason you don't run at full speed toward the kitchen when you want to see why your buddy is still not back from preparing the sandwiches.

Dragomer said:
He did, we litteraly see on screen that he cared about fighting Goku and that he liked it enough to spare earth and express his amazement at Goku multiple time.
Yeah? I didn't disagree with that.

Yes, Goku was basicaly nothing to him but at was still the best he had in a long ass time, that's even the only moment we even saw Beerus's aura, he was clearly putting more effort in that than in nonchallantly walking up to Whis.
Yes, he's nothing to him whatsoever, completely insignificant. The fact that he's the strongest he had fought in millions of years isn't relevant to how it compares to his casual travel speed. And "he showed an aura" isn't an argument because we don't actually get to see Beerus going to find Whis. It's done off-screen, we just see him show up on the planet where Whis is.

For the same reason you don't run at full speed toward the kitchen when you want to see why your buddy is still not back from preparing the sandwiches.
See, now this is an actual argument. Interesting point. This is why I asked for people's rational.

...So, SSGod Goku in BoG scales to 70% of Beerus' power, from a statement from Beerus himself stating that he used 70% power fighting Goku.

70% of a speed feat that is quadrillions of times faster than light is still at least trillions of times faster than light. Everyone in Super that's in the top-tiers scale to this.

A Stoned Orc said:
...So, SSGod Goku in BoG scales to 70% of Beerus' power, from a statement from Beerus himself stating that he used 70% power fighting Goku.

70% of a speed feat that is quadrillions of times faster than light is still at least trillions of times faster than light. Everyone in Super that's in the top-tiers scale to this.
Nope. That line is movie only, it is not applicable to Super and is therefore irrelevant completely.

PFM18 said:
A Stoned Orc said:

Nope. That line is movie only, it is not applicable to Super and is therefore irrelevant completely.
Okay, then tell me, where do you get the "less than .1%" value of his power? Because that's not in the anime anywhere, and there's nothing indicating that Beerus was so vastly holding back, considering that it's stated repeatedly that SSGod was supposed to be his rival in power by the Oracle Fish, and by Beerus' own prophetic dream.

EDIT: Beerus even states in Episode 11, speaking honestly, that he needed to use "a staggering amount of my power", and that "for a moment, I regetted being so obsessed". Doesn't sound like someone who used .1% of his power to me, or even less than 50%. Regardless, it'd still be a speed rating trillions of times faster than light.

The writers probably didn't know at the time how power levels would change and how the scope of the series would grow. Even in RoF (movie), Beerus was god tier and everyone was an ant compared to him, but according to Toriyama, Beerus used 60% of his total power against SSJG Goku, and SSJB Goku would be significantly stronger than his past SSJG self, and consequently stronger than Beerus due to sheer base form growth and multipliers.

But I seem to recall Beerus saying that he used 5% against enraged Vegeta, which, again, is not true because not even SSJBKKx20 is 5% of Beerus, and it wouldn't make sense for Beerus to use that much power against Vegeta.

Okay, then tell me, where do you get the "less than .1%" value of his power? Because that's not in the anime anywhere, and there's nothing indicating that Beerus was so vastly holding back, considering that it's stated repeatedly that SSGod was supposed to be his rival in power by the Oracle Fish, and by Beerus' own prophetic dream.

EDIT: Beerus even states in Episode 11, speaking honestly, that he needed to use "a staggering amount of my power", and that "for a moment, I regetted being so obsessed". Doesn't sound like someone who used .1% of his power to me, or even less than 50%. Regardless, it'd still be a speed rating trillions of times faster than light.

Because SSBKKX20 Goku is still weaker than Beerus. SSB is 50x SSG and KKx20 is times 20. Goku is therefore, at absolute MOST .1% of Beerus. And....the entire series after BoG suggests he was holding back severely???

He also admitted that he lied about the power he used. So like, nice try I guess.

So someone managed to eradicate drugs in the Dragon World cause there's no furries eventually

ArgosaxDespair said:
The writers probably didn't know at the time how power levels would change and how the scope of the series would grow. Even in RoF (movie), Beerus was god tier and everyone was an ant compared to him, but according to Toriyama, Beerus used 60% of his total power against SSJG Goku, and SSJB Goku would be significantly stronger than his past SSJG self, and consequently stronger than Beerus due to sheer base form growth and multipliers.

But I seem to recall Beerus saying that he used 5% against enraged Vegeta, which, again, is not true because not even SSJBKKx20 is 5% of Beerus, and it wouldn't make sense for Beerus to use that much power against Vegeta.
Makes you question how Beerus was ever satisfied with SSG Goku. I am pretty sure that an argument can be made for Beerus not using even 0.1% of his power against Goku.

We all know by now that the writers "and Toriyama" make shit up as they go but it feels like they don't even look at past events for consistency.

Well, Puar and Oolong are apparently 3 years older than Goku. So it's not too crazy to imagine a pair of 15+ year olds taking super special drugs for a furry fad.

ngl I feel that if we use DBZK feats we should just make a new profile entirely so to not get continuity mixed up.

CryoTheMayo said:
Well, Puar and Oolong are apparently 3 years older than Goku. So it's not too crazy to imagine a pair of 15+ year olds taking super special drugs for a furry fad.
Puar and Oolong are shapeshifter though and went to the shapeshifting school, what apply to the other animal humans doesn't apply to them really, same for Wolfman, his transformation was clearly not related to a drug.

ZERO7772 said:
ArgosaxDespair said:

Makes you question how Beerus was ever satisfied with SSG Goku. I am pretty sure that an argument can be made for Beerus not using even 0.1% of his power against Goku.
We all know by now that the writers "and Toriyama" make shit up as they go but it feels like they don't even look at past events for consistency.
Yeah there is no way around it really. He definitely didn't use even .1% of his powera against SSG Goku.

The manga chapter aren't relevant since the staff already said we don't use info from the manga like the angels being immortal. Yet we have profiles for characters like vegeta,moro and goku in the manga version so nah it's relevant
Nah, it's really not, We don't even have a Merus profile, it's irrelevant.

And once again it's not considering it's only thing that we have that's ongoing while the anime is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back