• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea

It's meh, it **** everything we were told about the galactic patrol and Moro is litteraly just King Piccolo with a boosted version of Gero's absorption, also the action is bad and Goku is not even a character in that arc, he is Vegeta's cheerleader while Vegeta just keep acting out of character.

Eh Goku being a side characte in this arc is a nice refresh.

ZERO7772 said:
No idea
It's meh, it **** everything we were told about the galactic patrol and Moro is litteraly just King Piccolo with a boosted version of Gero's absorption, also the action is bad and Goku is not even a character in that arc, he is Vegeta's cheerleader while Vegeta just keep acting out of character.
Eh Goku being a side characte in this arc is a nice refresh.
I could maybe agree if it wasn't in favor of Vegeta of all character, guy already has almost as much screen time as Goku and it's freaking annoying at this point.

If it was in favor of Tien or Krillin or maybe even Gohan and Videl, it would be refreshing but not with Vegeta.

Goku be returning for 2020 Olympics.

Honestly, I like that Dragon Ball is mainly about just Goku. I perfer focus on a singlar main character.

I would like, however, is some filler episodes or omakes that deal with the other characters. Little side tangents that focus on the others doing something minor - not protecting the universe like the Saiyans do.

Warren Valion said:
Honestly, I like that Dragon Ball is mainly about just Goku. I perfer focus on a singlar main character.

I would like, however, is some filler episodes or omakes that deal with the other characters. Little side tangents that focus on the others doing something minor - not protecting the universe like the Saiyans do.
Both ways are fine with me but the manga is currently managing to do neither.

Does those guys put any thought into their videos? They used the logic of Gohan going from Buu saga level to SSB level in 2 hours of training lol

Also, if Gohan has more poteinal than Goku, and Goku defeated Jiren when they were at their peak, doesn't that mean Gohan has a higher poteinal than Alien face?

When it comes to Vegeta...yes, he gets a lot of screen time. But does he ever accomplish anything with it? He beat GoD Toppo, sure, and helped Goku fight Jiren for a while--he one-shot Frost and beat Cabba, too--but Vegeta always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to the major antagonist of any arc. It's become predictable--Big Bad shows up, Vegeta angrily demands to go first, Vegeta might do something cool here and there but ultimately fails to accomplish anything, and Goku is forced to step in.

Super is huge on ******* Vegeta out of true victory. He got to beat down Golden Freeza, only for Freeza to planet-bust and Goku to ultimately cu*k him out of the kill (which, IMO, would have been a huge character moment for Vegeta, finally avenging the Saiyan race, and getting vengeance on Freeza for the years he spent as Freeza's pet monkey); he got to beat down Goku Black, only for Black to fuse with Zamasu; he got to beat down Cabba and Frost, only to fail miserably against Hit; he beat a God of Destruction, and while the character moment of Vegeta refusing to give up trying to beat Jiren even when he was completely out of power was fantastic, it proved to be yet another cu*k as Vegeta was knocked out of the tournament in favor of 17 and Freeza helping Goku get the win.

Now, I'm not entirely complaining, as many of the moments that happened as a result of Vegeta failing to accomplish anything are some of the best in the series, only that Vegeta's time in the spotlight almost always ends up with him playing the role of Genos to Goku's Saitama, to make a comparison. Let the man take a well-deserved W against a major villain, for once.

But you are acting like Goku gets the kill - which he doesn't.

He lost against Beerus, he gives up against Hit, he lost against Zamasu, he barley won against Jiren with Vegeta's energy, and 17 and Frieza's assistance, and he only beat Broly by fusing with Vegeta.

The only real kill that Goku got was Golden Frieza. And that was done because of a Deus Ex Machina. Goku isn't this the winner people act like he is.

Did any hero beat any villain alone since Freaking Cell saga? It's not about who get the kill it's about who get main event.

Vegeta's screen time is simply worthless.

ZERO7772 said:
Did any hero beat any villain alone since Freaking Cell saga? It's not about who get the kill it's about who get main event.
Vegeta's screen time is simply worthless.
But that's not what he is complaining about.

He's complaining about, "Goku getting the win" - and that's why I responded that he doesn't get the win a majority of the time.

And Vegeta's screen time isn't pointless, if it wasn't for Vegeta - every single fight that Goku continued would have been different.

The real cal howard said:
Does Kefla count?
She's not the main antagainst of an arc, she's more of a little victory, like the Ginyu Force in the Frieza Saga.

Goku wins plenty of little battles, same with Vegeta.

Also, that ending with the kamehameha basket ball-thingy was god-like.

Goku does win often actually. He won every fight he had in the ToP arc except his first round wih Jiren.

I mean, people try to make a point of Goku not always winning but by that logic all cast ae jobbers. Gohan only win is Cell, Vegeta only defeat the fodder of every arc, Picoolo is irrlevent, rest of Z fighters are meme after sayian saga. It just how DB is written IMO.

> if it wasn't for Vegeta - every single fight that Goku continued would have been different.

Which is what his character is worth these days sadly.

The one thing about the ToP that I really like was that Goku actually had some good ideas when fighting, made him actually feel like the marital arts genius that the show always says he is.

...I mean, I guess you're right, Warren, but Goku at least seems to perform better and get something accomplished, and is always given the majority of the credit for any victory, even when he's been helped (especially by the fanbase). The only exceptions I can think of for the latter is probably Freeza/Goku/17 vs. Jiren, and any time Vegeta and Goku have fused.

Whereas Vegeta just seems to serve as the series' Worf Effect.

Yikes, cukarot will have to hand over MC aura at some point and well Jobhan is a disappointment. Imo they should change it up. Jiren or Broly being the MC would be better but after angel arc or grand priest arc (if they go that way) there should be no more DB I think.

akira toriyama is comparable to notch back in 2011. you'll ask for things, but you'll get something different in the end and like it anyways. nobody asked for ultra instinct and it was cool.

In my opinion design wise, Ultra Instinct Omen > SSG > MUI > SSB

It goes SSBE > MUI > SSG > SSB > UIO for me. UIO looks kinda cool, and all, but the white hair was what really sold it for me. I'm a sucker for colors, though admittedly I'm not fond of the almost teal they use for SSBlue, and much prefer Vegeta's more vivid blue for SSBE overall, plus it has a kickass aura.

Apparently I can't use the term " b*tchin' " to describe something cool thanks to the abuse filter?

UIO > SSJG (Manga) > SSJG > Broly Movie SSJB (Colors just look way better) > SSJBKKx10 (Original) > SSBKK (All) > SSJB > The other manga looks > SSBE > SSBE (Manga)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back