• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 78

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Broly retelling, a 3-hour long script can easily be turned to a 9-episode arc and I woundn't mind that. But it's very unlikely they'll do that. The reason they did the previous retellings was because of the newer fans who might not have seen the movie only to jump on the anime.

I disagree. I'd rather enjoy a weekly show on a regular basis at weekends and have fun discussing it, than waiting 2 years for only 100 minutes of new content that loses its hype in a few days and can't be discussed anymore.

The real cal howard said:
ToP had some good fights. But unlike World Tournaments, there wasn't any downtime. A whole year plus of straight fighting. Big oof.

Question. What was the most impactful scene you guys thought of in Super. Like for example, DB Classic has Goku meeting Bulma, avenging Krillin (either pursuing Tambourine or finishing off K. Piccolo), Roshi sacrificing himself, etc. Z has Vegeta's Final Explosion, Goku's sacrifice in the Cell arc, going SSJ1, etc. Even GT had that ending. What do you think Super's iconic, impactful moments are. Not necessarily badass, like Goku Frieza and 17 vs Jiren. Just iconic and/or impactful.
The heck you forgot Piccolo shielding Gohan from Nappa's blast.

AKM sama said:
I disagree. I'd rather enjoy a weekly show on a regular basis at weekends and have fun discussing it, than waiting 2 years for only 100 minutes of new content that loses its hype in a few days and can't be discussed anymore.
Seasonl sounds more appealing then. I would rather have quality 25 episode than rushed and bad looking 60-70 tbh.

Tipper17 said:
Just get better writers that understands the series for the anime and things will be fine.
I doubt that will fix the animation problem, which is mainly attributed to lack of time and planning

And bring back his old editor as well. The guy sometimes makes senile choices and needs his editor to keep his worst impulses in check.

MonzyMonz said:
No they just should get Akira to write DB Super, he did such a great job writing DBS Broly and currently doing the Moro Saga!
Toriyama wrote the broly moive, the person who wrotes the super manga made the mora ark.

Speaking of timelines, isn't there another one where Zamasu killed DBS Goku and his family? I want a spin-off of that one ovo

The anime will likely be Morro arc while the new movie has not yet been confirmed.

Dude, we are not getting anime anytime soon not that a movie is coming.

Appearntly they think Broly was too OP and they plan to take things in a differnet direction this time around so they don't get burned out.

ZERO7772 said:
Dude, we are not getting anime anytime soon not that a movie is coming.
Dude, the anime has been in production since 2018. The movie is a project fo the future to whats to come.

That's how they do it in the Dragon Ball Room.

Dude, the anime has been in production since 2018. The movie is a project fo the future to whats to come.

That's how they do it in the Dragon Ball Room.

They cancled DBS anime because working on it's movie, One piece and sevreal other projects simply burned them out so they had to cancel one of their projects.

One piece already has another movei coming + new arc and sevreal other prjects at hand now. Anime can be in production for years, they can hold on the anime for now for something else.

DBS coming back now will only means we will get more bad qaulity episodes.

ZERO7772 said:
They cancled DBS anime because working on it's movie, One piece and sevreal other projects simply burned them out so they had to cancel one of their projects.

One piece already has another movei coming + new arc and sevreal other prjects at hand now. Anime can be in production for years, they can hold on the anime for now for something else.

DBS coming back now will only means we will get more bad qaulity episodes.
That's why they have separate departments. Dragon Ball Room.

They did not cancelled it. It was postpone.

Agreed.

No. They have been in production since 2018.

Toei did not confirmed a new movie. It was the head of the dragon ball room talking about things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back