• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon bois, this is a random debate of internet nerds in a vs forum. No need to get worked up.

Maybe the anime can do a better job with Moro arc, the manga has always been boring tbh.

The arc I absolutely don't want them to adapt again is Broly. Don't ruin that great movie.

ZERO7772 said:
The arc I absolutely don't want them to adapt again is Broly. Don't ruin that great movie.
Disagree, the movie has plot points which contradict the anime: Tarble being mentioned, Kid Vegeta's hair, why they never decide to use KKx20 and SSBE etc. I think a recap of some kind is necessary

Disagree, the movie has plot points which contradict the anime: Tarble being mentioned, Kid Vegeta's hair, why they never decide to use KKx20 and SSBE etc. I think a recap of some kind is necessary

Anime origianl worthless transfomration.

A recap will only bring an infrior version of the movie, you don't need every little deatil to tell a story.

The movie wasn't ever meant to conform to one canon, either the manga or anime, so no particular transformations existing is normal.

Do a manga and just reference it happening, anime doesn't need to do further. Otherwise that's tempting failure unless they really take the time to see what they are doing.

The movie was made it can fit both the manga and anime. Lets not support this horrible trend of anime retelling already established story arcs in much worse fashion

Literally 90% of the contents that was add to BoG and RoF are worthless filler that didn't bring any new stuff.

I don't understand why you are so vehemently against a recap of some kind, yes the BoG and RoF were bad, stretched beyond belief and didn't add anything, but that doesn't mean that a Broly recap has to conform to the same standards. I think 5 episodes are fair to cover the movie and clear up the inconsistencies, it's also better to start with a recap so the manga can get more ahead.

>but that doesn't mean that a Broly recap has to conform to the same standards.

You want a poteinally 20 peisode recap adpation of a movie just because you wonder where Vegeta's brother went and why they didn't use one form? This is just waste of time. Toei ****** up 2 movies already why they won't **** up the third as well?

Again how do you know they're going to pull a BoG again? Pretty sure they saw the backlash at the first two arcs of Super. Also i myself am more for an original arc coming in the anime, since Moro is pretty boring and uninteresting.

If they understand the backlash from the first 2 movies they should not make another one at all. We both know they will stretch the shit of the arc if they and add many pointless filler and character speaking no brainer info just so they can waste time

lets be real, if they ever adapt the movie it won't be to fix continuity it will be just to waste time. They don't care about fixing plot elements

Maybe we can get a director cut version of the movie down the line like they did with BoG, but aniem adaption? No please.

ZERO7772 said:
They don't care about the manga they can go up as much as they likem like ToP arc for example.
I don't know about that. Wouldn't be suprised if they literally just adapt the manga Moro arc, since he is technically a big new character and they probably want to keep some parts of both continuities the same.

If the Broly arc is remade into an anime arc Im foreshadowing 5 episodes of Goku and Vegeta trying to fuse while Frieza is being beaten. Because filler.

PaChi2 said:
If the Broly arc is remade into an anime arc Im foreshadowing 5 episodes of Goku and Vegeta trying to fuse while Frieza is being beaten. Because filler.
You wanna tell me you don't want to see 5 episodes of Broly bullying Frieza?

The only reason I want the re:tell of Broly the movie on Super because I want to see more of the Saiyans and Freiza race. Also, Whis explaining that Space-Time shatering Feat.

Edit:

Longer fights between Broly vs Goku and Vegeta

Long fights are not good. We got 20 episodes of Jiren bullying Goku and Vegeta in ToP and 2 episode of actual UI vs Jiren fight lol.

I except Whis caring about explaining the Space Time Shattering thingy as much as I expect any of the saiyans that totally are still in the Otherworld, or Raditz, to ever be relevant again in anyway after the movie.

And no, the ToP was exhausting. After seeing more than 20 episodes of constant fighting and nothing else without the virtue of a week of resting between the release of episodes, I realized how much I truly abhor the ToP. There's no need to waste resources or time in constant fights that have been already rendered much better than the anime could hope for.

^I have to agree, I really grew tired and exhausted after 30+ episode of just fight and fighting with no rest inbetween what so ever.

I hope they never do an arc like this every again.

ToP had some good fights. But unlike World Tournaments, there wasn't any downtime. A whole year plus of straight fighting. Big oof.

Question. What was the most impactful scene you guys thought of in Super. Like for example, DB Classic has Goku meeting Bulma, avenging Krillin (either pursuing Tambourine or finishing off K. Piccolo), Roshi sacrificing himself, etc. Z has Vegeta's Final Explosion, Goku's sacrifice in the Cell arc, going SSJ1, etc. Even GT had that ending. What do you think Super's iconic, impactful moments are. Not necessarily badass, like Goku Frieza and 17 vs Jiren. Just iconic and/or impactful.

Episode 5 (for the wrong reasons)

1) SSG's ritual

2) Goku and Beerus destroying the universe

3) Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken times ten

4) Goku and Pan playing together, with Goku reflecting on his life

5) Goku Black's entrance

6) The Ending of the Future Trunks saga

7) Ultra Instict Omen's first entrance

8) Sliding Kamehamha

The remake of Goku VS Beerus in the first arc, i'm one of the few that like it.

The universe 6 tournament.

FT Trunks arc has a lot of these like Goku gettng angry that they killed his alternate family, the introduction of Black and eventually Rose, the three times they fight Black and Zamasu, Fusion Zamasu, the return of Vegerot, Trunks beating Fusion Zamasu, the ending.

A lot of the TOP counts, like Kefla, UI whenever it appeared, Vegeta VS Toppo, Goku VS Jiren, Gohan VS the speedy Beerus, The final fight and EVERYTHING that has to do with 17.

Like, this has to be one of the most triumphant returns of a character I ever seen.

The Broly movie, mainly the migration of Gogeta to canon.

Vegeta vs toppo was garbage and was one of the most disappointing fights in Super. Anyways UI Omen first appearance,The fuckery ending of the FT arc ,goku black etc

UI Omen first appearance and Sliding Kamehamha really stuck in my mind.

Needless to say Gogeta's canon debut was also a highlight in DBS as a whole.

1. Goku falling to Beerus

2. Frieza destroying the world (the sheer despair depicted by the Z-Fighters is telling)

3. Goku going Kaio-Ken Blue for the first time

4. Black tearing a hole in space-time

5. Infinite Zamasu

6. Frieza controlling Destruction energy

7. "He's coming."

8. Vegeta's last stand VS Jiren

9. Goku's rage VS Jiren

10. Goku, Frieza and 17 VS Jiren

sliding kamehameha and UI's actual appearance did make me have shutters down my spine really. A lot of what the future trunks arc was smth i enjoy but the ending is eh?

Jiren vs 17, Frieza and Goku was the most epic moment in the ToP. It's perfect. Also Vegeta's reaction.

the moment i saw that final fight and music. I lost all my rationality and pants for a lifetime. Too good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back