• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CryoTheMayo said:
It describes SS Gogeta and SS Broly's energy as being so powerful that it like...surpassed or broke the boundaries of the universe which transported them to that other dimension. When Broly slams Gogeta around and we see more reality shattering it describes it as something like Broly smashing Gogeta against the walls of space. When they exit the dimension it's described as them 'crumbling' the dimension.

But yeah, google translate is trash. We need proper translations from someone who actually knows how to read japanese.
Nice. I knew the novel would explain a bit more.

Freeza probably should be upgraded to Low 2-C to keep things consistent considering Freeza's performance against Broly and the fact the Freeza is still considered a threat, at least by Vegeta.

It's not really a light novel, it was specificaly called a 'novelisation of the movie' so it's litteraly supposed to be the movie but turned into a novel, it probably also has more info from the full script that had to be cut to fit a reasonable movie time. But it will surely give us more info on the dimensions stuff at least given that this kind of stuff is hard to show and easier to just write.

...Yes? That's what a light novel is. Pretty sure it's advertised as and called a light novel as well. A light novel is a style of Japanese novel primarily targeting middle and high school students.

{ "Light novel" is a wasei-eigo, or a Japanese term formed from words in the English language. Such short, light novels are often called ranobe or LN in the West. They are typically not more than 40,000―50,000 words long, rarely exceed 200 pages, often have dense publishing schedules, are usually published in bunkobon size, and are often illustrated. The text is often serialized in anthology magazines before collection in book form. }

Tyranno223 said:
To be fair Basee Gogeta didn't really do anything Blue Goku or Vegeta didn't, since Goku managed to deflect a barrage of ki blasts on his own and both Vegeta and he were at least able to dodge And counterattack Broly for a bit even if they did no real damage. Meanwhile with Goatgeta he just acted cocky and dodged a bit in base before go ssj.
^ This

Oh. To give my take...

I loved it!

It was way funnier than I thought it would be and it was so ******* cool. It brought me back to when I was in elementary school and I came home to watch Kai, it was great.

One thing that I want to question.

After Broly surpassed God Vegeta to the point where he could tank Vegeta's punch without flinching, Goku proceeds to fight Broly in base form.

Like, what the ****?

UltimateFlare said:
That's how they roll in movies
Never starting with Super Saiyan or beyond even when they should
He fights in base until Broly adapts beyond him and then he goes Super Saiyan until Broly adapts again, then Goku goes God until Broly adapts, and then he goes Blue.

It makes it seem that Base Goku >= God Vegeta, and I think it's ******* hilarious.

KLOL506 said:
Golden Frieza got beat up for a full minute and not even a few moments later he's completely fine.
Also Planet Vegeta got reduced to tiny particles in mere seconds. Most of it happened off-screen tho. That's the canon version now.

I watched the movie, BTW. It was ******* awesome.
Is the feat going to be recalced?

Wait What?! I thought he got stomped

That probably be an outlier, since the two get treated as equals AFAIK and the fusion would not work unless Goku drastically lowered his battle power

No, they fought on an even playing field until Goku used another transformation, which Broly just grew and adapted beyond in like, a few seconds until the point where Broly grew to stomp God Goku as the Hulk did with Loki in the first Avengers movie.

Broly's growth rate is ******* insane.

No, I mean Goku and Vegeta gets treated as equals

I know Broly practically adapts to everything they do and stomps back

Except fusion of course, that kicked his ass

UltimateFlare said:
No, I mean Goku and Vegeta gets treated as equals
I know Broly practically adapts to everything hey do and stomps back
Yeah, Goku and Vegeta are treated as equals in their spar earlier in the movie and when they fight Broly in Blue. Maybe Goku was holding back

Although, I think the thing about equal power levels might have been retconned, as it wasn't mentioned when Vegeta was learning the fusion dance, nor implied to exist at all in the movie.

If that's true, then Vegerot has less over Gogeta that he already had before...

And also that UI must have upped Goku training gains, like holy Zeno Goku

Saw the movie last night and loved it, after all I like Gogeta far more than Vegito, because actually gets stuff done and he didn't defuse cause of too much power, also I love the new broly and the animation, this is easily my favorite Dragon Ball Movie to date, and I'm gonna watch it like 5 more times when it's officially released digitally

It was mentioned in interviews that Vegeta is 'catching up' to Goku. It also says Goku is nearing the 'level of the gods'. So whether or not Goku being depicted as literally thousands of times stronger is intentional or not is up in the air. I think we can just dismiss it for now as just wanting to show off Goku and Vegeta fighting in Base > SS > SSG to show the power differences.

Just came back from the movie....AND IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: not trying to be rude or mean but guys again don't spoil it for those that will see it

Also, I agree with Frieza being Low 2-C. The guy managed to hold his own against a bloodlusted Super Saiyan Broly for a freaking hour. If this was Goku or Vegeta, they would have been either dead or near death after that much time had they not retreated

Also, someone put *Spoilers* in the title of this thread for the sake of those who haven't watched it.

The fusion dance never needed both party to be equal in strenghts, Toriyama stated years ago that it just made fusing easier since it's very demande in term of synchro, same as the whole 'similar height' thing, it help a lot but it isn't a straight up condition.

Kinda bad that Gine and other Frieza soldiers didn't do anything relevant in the movie. Kinda wanted to make profiles for them lol

^ This

Goku was having a very hard time deflecting those blasts against much weaker Broly actually, the fact Gogeta was able to flawlessly dodge and deflect Broly attacks put him above SSB Goku imo.

AKM sama said:
Kinda bad that Gine and other Frieza soldiers didn't do anything relevant in the movie. Kinda wanted to make profiles for them lol
At least we know Beets, a Saiyan with no apparent combat training, is "below a power level of 920". Which is...something, I guess?

If he is only slightly below 920, that fodder saiyan not meant for combat would still be planet level.

>Not meant for combat

>Planet level

kek. Shame we don't know his actual power level. We could've scaled Gine to him.

ZERO7772 said:
Goku was having a very hard time deflecting those blasts against much weaker Broly actually, the fact Gogeta was able to flawlessly dodge and deflect Broly attacks put him above SSB Goku imo.
Problem being Gogeta's profile implies he is massively above ssjb Goku and Vegeta when nothing proves so.

Wrathful Broly started getting beat by ssjb Goku until he went super saiyan, so Goku isalready >= Wrathful Broly.

Gogeta had to go super saiyan to compete with super saiyan Broly. If Base Gogeta was massively stronger than super saiyan blue, then ssj Gogeta and ssj Broly wouldn't be considered as roughly equals. They both have super saiyan, so they both have the same multiplier increase.

If Base Gogeta was massively greater than ssjb forms, when a ssjb Goku started beating Wrathful Broly, then ssj Gogeta would be massively greater than ssj Broly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back