• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I was looking for some DB cuts for one thing.

And man, how come the SSB multiplier was only accepted in 2021? And still with 6 pages?

One simple thing?

That's why I say I'll never make DB crts.

Totally unrelated question.

Given your seeming experience in JP, relatively speaking, what would be your opinion on this? It's Baby's Quote on the RDB's molecular/atomic destruction to prevent resurrection.

"≪(ベビー)ハハハ…。
とどめだ。 悟空。お前を分子…
いや 原子の一個一個までばらばらにして
宇宙の ちりに戻してやる。もう二度と復活できないようにな。"

But this is from the time when there was 10x of grade 3.

SSJ3 is no longer 500x.

No other crts were made to adjust this?
i updated my blog with the new multiplier values

SSJG = 160.000x via being superior to a Hypotetical SSJ3 Vegetto from BoG
SSJB =8.000.000x via being 50x SSJG

the thread about Fusés maximum < Fusion's Base was also accepted........but for some reason people still didn't applied it even after i updated the blog

お前を分子…
いや 原子の一個一個までばらばらにして
宇宙の ちりに戻してやる。
  1. お前 (omae) = "you", in the sense of looking down upon an inferior, in reference to Goku.
  2. を (o) indicates the previous noun you is the direct object of the ensuing action.
  3. 分子…いや (bunshi... iyo) = "molecule... no", indicating Baby is correcting his speech and broadening his expected target.
  4. 原子の一個一個 (genshi no ikko ikko) = "atoms, one by one" or, simply, "individual atoms"
  5. まで (made) indicates the extent of the following word.
  6. ばらばらにして (barabara ni sh!te) = "to scatter" or "to disperse" or "to break apart"
  7. 宇宙のちり (uchū no chiri) = "dust of the universe"
  8. に戻してやる (ni modoshite yaru) = "to return to"
All in all, in my rough interpretation, "Molecules... no... I will break you down into atoms, one by one, and return you to the dust of the universe." I'm not actually experienced in Japanese at all, though; I don't speak a lick, and I can't read a mite. I just pick apart the kanji and cross-reference their definitions with different sites.

In my uneducated opinion, though, I think Baby amplifying up his threat mid-dialogue is proof enough that he wasn't genuinely threatening to perform Matter Manipulation on Goku, he was just making typical Dragon Ball banter. Not that being reduced to space dust would prevent anybody from being resurrected, anyway.

EDIT: Apparently, the word "shit" is banned?
EDIT: Nope, just "*****".

1. お前 (omae) = "you", in the sense of looking down upon an inferior, in reference to Goku.
  2. を (o) indicates the previous noun you is the direct object of the ensuing action.
  3. 分子…いや (bunshi... iyo) = "molecule... no", indicating Baby is correcting his speech and broadening his expected target.
  4. 原子の一個一個 (genshi no ikko ikko) = "atoms, one by one" or, simply, "individual atoms"
  5. まで (made) indicates the extent of the following word.
  6. ばらばらにして (barabara ni sh!te) = "to scatter" or "to disperse" or "to break apart"
  7. 宇宙のちり (uchū no chiri) = "dust of the universe"
  8. に戻してやる (ni modoshite yaru) = "to return to"
All in all, in my rough interpretation, "Molecules... no... I will break you down into atoms, one by one, and return you to the dust of the universe." I'm not actually experienced in Japanese at all, though; I don't speak a lick, and I can't read a mite. I just pick apart the kanji and cross-reference their definitions with different sites.

In my uneducated opinion, though, I think Baby amplifying up his threat mid-dialogue is proof enough that he wasn't genuinely threatening to perform Matter Manipulation on Goku, he was just making typical Dragon Ball banter. Not that being reduced to space dust would prevent anybody from being resurrected, anyway.

EDIT: Apparently, the word "shit" is banned?
EDIT: Nope, just "*****".
Interesting. I was mostly curious to see if he was being literal or metaphorical, because I know in JP certain words can be identical “word” wise and yet be different in connotation and change the entire meaning of the conversation.

So I was doing a draft for a Saiyan physiology.

For the P&A I only threw in the things that were already in the profiles, and others, like Google"Saiyan physiology vsbattle" and finding apparently unfinished blogs by @Nullflowerblush and @Ednaxel2 where I also threw in some things that I found interesting.

The biggest thing was the transformations obviously, also due to the different continuities in notes.

Since I don't follow many DB crts, I answered some questions about some things with users who follow (useful in notes where x thing was accepted)

I just wanted to know what you think of this draft and if I was wrong about anything in the Notes section.

Piccolo Destroying the Moon​

But another thing to note is the moon in Dragon Ball, kind of isn't a moon. Dr. Slump is canon to Dragon Ball, Arale directly appears in the General Blue arc along with Penguin Village and they appear again in Super.

Dr. Slump directly explains how the moon came to be:

The moon was actually the asteroid that was gonna kill the dinosaurs, this is why dinosaurs exist in Dragon Ball, since Arale stopped it from hitting the planet.

Just now people want to scale Dr. Slump to Dragon Ball, lol

Meh, still think they're just trolling at this point. There literally can't be anyone watching Dragon Ball and then later on say "they can't easily destroy planets" tbh.

Island Level Xeno Goku lol, clearly a troll tbh

Heh at least they link the cards (looking at this Wiki instead...)

I’ve debated that guy on discord, he’s dead serious.

Anyone remember this?

Good times, good times

So I was doing a draft for a Saiyan physiology.

For the P&A I only threw in the things that were already in the profiles, and others, like Google"Saiyan physiology vsbattle" and finding apparently unfinished blogs by @Nullflowerblush and @Ednaxel2 where I also threw in some things that I found interesting.

The biggest thing was the transformations obviously, also due to the different continuities in notes.

Since I don't follow many DB crts, I answered some questions about some things with users who follow (useful in notes where x thing was accepted)

I just wanted to know what you think of this draft and if I was wrong about anything in the Notes section.
In the resistance to radiation, remove the blitz wave justification, the wiki decided to remove it due to there not being any tangible comparison to how much it takes to kill someone

Super Perfect Cell as a name also appears in games, like RB2. It’s not a “solid” piece of evidence (given games can be wrong, see Raditz’s stated rank in basically any title before the late 2010’s), but it is supplementary.

When I see "Xeno Goku" and "he's dead serious", I expect to see, like, 18th-dimensional scaling off the backs of vaguely flowery upscaling.
Island level?? Higher with Biting?????
That’s right, Null. He has the secrets of true Dragon Ball scaling. Any cosmic feat you see? Outlier. All statements? Lies. Canon? Whatever makes my agenda look better.

All characters are wall level until further notice.

Meh, still think they're just trolling at this point. There literally can't be anyone watching Dragon Ball and then later on say "they can't easily destroy planets" tbh.
have you visited comicvine? you'd still find trolls who believe that. Heck there's still those ancient powerscalers from the Triassic Age over on OBD who think buu saga characters aren't planetary

In the resistance to radiation, remove the blitz wave justification, the wiki decided to remove it due to there not being any tangible comparison to how much it takes to kill someone"
"—There was another scene I wanted to ask you about. Vegeta creates a small artificial moon during his fight with Goku and he says "But only when [the sunlight] is reflected by the Moon does it contain Green-Spectrum Radiation [Blutz Waves]... When the Moon is full, that radiation exceeds 17 million zeno units."

These "Blutz Waves" exist in Dragon Ball, but is there anything like them in the real world?

"Terada: This is difficult to interpret... Vegeta says, "moonlight is only sunlight reflected", but when I thought about it again, I think that Blutz Waves are actually the reflected light of sunlight. Since, the reflected light from sunlight are electromagnetic waves, if Blutz Waves are some kind of wave, then they'd be electromagnetic I think... Take a look at this diagram of the different views of the Moon."

"When the Moon is viewed using radio waves, it looks like the one on the upper left, but if you look at the one right next to it it's completely white. That's how the Moon looks when viewed with submillimeter waves. The sun emits various kinds of electromagnetic waves, and when they hit the Moon and are reflected back to us, we can see totally different phenomena just like these images show us."

"Exceeds" is this enough resistance to radiation or radiation absorption?

That's because they absorb radiation, not because of exposure to radiation that attacks them. But electromagnetic waves should be dangerous to humans even using those numbers.

i dont think we can say this wiki is any better since we almost let a CRT go through that had SPC being able to oneshot Buuhan with a kamehameha

Hey Null, is SSJ Rage a variable of SSJ1 or SSJ2 (like Rose)? Or is it an entirely different transformation?

It's because I was seeing what name it is given in different places and in the media/product outside of anime they call it different ways.

Now he has the Genki Dama sword, I don't remember if it's rage, because it has a blue aura that could perhaps be the Genki Dama. Anyway, I saw a local saying SSJ and SSJ2 to Genki Dama.

"—There was another scene I wanted to ask you about. Vegeta creates a small artificial moon during his fight with Goku and he says "But only when [the sunlight] is reflected by the Moon does it contain Green-Spectrum Radiation [Blutz Waves]... When the Moon is full, that radiation exceeds 17 million zeno units."

These "Blutz Waves" exist in Dragon Ball, but is there anything like them in the real world?

"Terada: This is difficult to interpret... Vegeta says, "moonlight is only sunlight reflected", but when I thought about it again, I think that Blutz Waves are actually the reflected light of sunlight. Since, the reflected light from sunlight are electromagnetic waves, if Blutz Waves are some kind of wave, then they'd be electromagnetic I think... Take a look at this diagram of the different views of the Moon."

"When the Moon is viewed using radio waves, it looks like the one on the upper left, but if you look at the one right next to it it's completely white. That's how the Moon looks when viewed with submillimeter waves. The sun emits various kinds of electromagnetic waves, and when they hit the Moon and are reflected back to us, we can see totally different phenomena just like these images show us."

"Exceeds" is this enough resistance to radiation or radiation absorption?

That's because they absorb radiation, not because of exposure to radiation that attacks them. But electromagnetic waves should be dangerous to humans even using those numbers.
if the waves are just emited by the Full Moon, wouldn't the quantity not be in a dangerous level since normal humans are not affected at all by it and the waves it emits when the full moon happens on Earth?

if the waves are just emited by the Full Moon, wouldn't the quantity not be in a dangerous level since normal humans are not affected at all by it and the waves it emits when the full moon happens on Earth?
The moon emits light from the sun and the sun emits electromagnetic waves [green spectrum] so the color of the moon is like this. They absorb it even during a full moon the figure exceeds 17 million, not because of the radiation exposure, but the waves they absorb, which we should be able to calculate?

Back