• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

i think about DB connecting with DBXV someday or DBH
With these two games I don't think so, I really doubt it.

But the introduction of the Kaioshin of Time, time patrol, the Demon Realm and consequently other characters, I see. I'm actually surprised there isn't something like that.

The demonic kingdom, the demonic version of kaioshins, etc. was already mentioned by Akira but he never even touched on it.

And the existence of the Kaioshin of Time and the patrol I think fits well with the canonical.

With these two games I don't think so, I really doubt it.

But the introduction of the Kaioshin of Time, time patrol, the Demon Realm and consequently other characters, I see. I'm actually surprised there isn't something like that.

The demonic kingdom, the demonic version of kaioshins, etc. was already mentioned by Akira but he never even touched on it.

And the existence of the Kaioshin of Time and the patrol I think fits well with the canonical.
I also think, i'm almost sure i remember that in DBH there is also a law against changing the past, but it would be interesting to see game stuff in the anime, just like Android 21

I know there are a lot of different canons in the franchise, but purely looking at the narrative and intent, who is depicted as more of a powerhouse? Broly or Cumber?

I know there are a lot of different canons in the franchise, but purely looking at the narrative and intent, who is depicted as more of a powerhouse? Broly or Cumber?
If we’re talking Z Broly, Broly. Broly consistently returns with even higher forms. Even the enemies they fight are entirely different. Cumber fought SSBKK Vegito by himself. Broly, upon his return as a SFPSSJ4:LB boxed both that and Xeno Vegito (in that very same form Broly is in), at ONCE.

I’m no SDBH expert, but it seems pretty clear that Broly is just considered superior.

Super? No clue.

And if you mean Z Broly from his “canon” set of films, uh, probably Cumber?

oh that would..........that wouldn't be good, they are such a mess of their own, them mixing with main canon cannot end well
It's funny to think about that Super is canon to Xenoverse and Heroes but Xenoverse and Heroes aren't canon to Super, giving the former two any benefits of any potential cosmology upgrades to itself without having to lift a damn finger

But yeah I agree with you, especially when you realize that the CC timeline within itself isn't one to one the same as the canon timeline. I mean just the fact that various Z era movies like World's Strongest, Tree of Might, the Cooler movies, and Bojack Unbound happened in the CC timeline should be enough of an indication to say that Heroes isn't canon to Super despite it being the other way around. And when you have the official production team of Heroes considering stuff like Universe Mission and Big Bang Mission as being a what if continuation to the anime...yeah.

Huh. It occurs to me that Death Battle may have been onto something by assuming “True God” status makes you immune to Ki/Life Force Stealing and could explain Buu. (The example they used). Shin and Kibito are, interestingly, incompatible with the Energy Robbery methods Babidi used (Magic.) Now, technically, it’s not hard proof, nor does it actually establish actual, concrete resistance, but it is interesting and could explain why Buu (who absorbed a Kai) could not be affected by Moro’s Energy Robbery method (Magic).

It’s just a nugget for thought as I consider what I’ve been looking over, recently.

Huh. It occurs to me that Death Battle may have been onto something by assuming “True g**” status makes you immune to Ki/Life Force Stealing and could explain Buu. (The example they used). Shin and Kibito are, interestingly, incompatible with the Energy Robbery methods Babidi used (Magic.) Now, technically, it’s not hard proof, nor does it actually establish actual, concrete resistance, but it is interesting and could explain why Buu (who absorbed a Kai) could not be affected by Moro’s Energy Robbery method (Magic).

It’s just a nugget for thought as I consider what I’ve been looking over, recently.
Would "true g*" be refering to anyone with g* ki or just with status of a g*? If it's the later I can see it making sense but if it's about g* ki then that gets contradicted by the Moro arc with Moro being able to steal from Goku and Vegeta in their g** forms

I know I censored the word "God" a lot, I'm just tryna stay religious

or simply moro can negate vegueta and goku's god ki resistance.

Since in the past Moro did not absorb the powers of the kaioshin who fought against him.

or kaioshin have a layer of resistance.

Last edited:
Would "true g*" be refering to anyone with g* ki or just with status of a g*? If it's the later I can see it making sense but if it's about g* ki then that gets contradicted by the Moro arc with Moro being able to steal from Goku and Vegeta in their g** forms

I know I censored the word "God" a lot, I'm just tryna stay religious
I was more talking the actual status. I would say race, because the Kai ARE a race, but given Trunks can train to be a Kai, it’s clear it’s not race-restricted. Though, perhaps the resistance is outside of that title.

Edit: Also, Moro’s ability to interact with and sense God Ki is honestly inconsistent.

Huh. It occurs to me that Death Battle may have been onto something by assuming “True God” status makes you immune to Ki/Life Force Stealing and could explain Buu. (The example they used). Shin and Kibito are, interestingly, incompatible with the Energy Robbery methods Babidi used (Magic.) Now, technically, it’s not hard proof, nor does it actually establish actual, concrete resistance, but it is interesting and could explain why Buu (who absorbed a Kai) could not be affected by Moro’s Energy Robbery method (Magic).

Dokkan Battle actually provided an explanation for it - they needed pure energy to release Buu, no subtypes, which explains both why they couldn't use the gods' Ki and why Babidi couldn't just drain his henchmen.

Dokkan Battle actually provided an explanation for it - they needed pure energy to release Buu, no subtypes, which explains both why they couldn't use the gods' Ki and why Babidi couldn't just drain his henchmen.
Interesting.
I think there was a calc involving Goku moving fast enough to get Roshi's glasses before the Taiyo-ken could reach them, where is that?
No idea, but I wouldn’t put much stock in it. The Taiyo-ken seems to adjust in speed as you implement more Ki/Get more powerful, and thus makes Kid Goku’s dodging feat irrelevant. A better one would be him dodging the laser from Commander Black.

I wonder if Dokkan can have information argued as canonical for TOEI/Super.

Can the ensuing blast wave from destroying the Moon be calculated, given the earth is affected by its range?

In reality, a blast wave could never reach from the Moon to the Earth because space separates the two, but given that, evidently, a blast wave does reach Earth in Dragon Ball, could the air blast formula be used? Because the air blast formula yields Low 5-B results, assuming the radius is the distance from Earth to the Moon.

Can the ensuing blast wave from destroying the Moon be calculated, given the earth is affected by its range?

In reality, a blast wave could never reach from the Moon to the Earth because space separates the two, but given that, evidently, a blast wave does reach Earth in Dragon Ball, could the air blast formula be used? Because the air blast formula yields Low 5-B results, assuming the radius is the distance from Earth to the Moon.
Make a calc thread or something

A Calc Group thread is probably the best place to get this answered, but I suspect that it wouldn't be viable because as you said the majority of the distance between the two objects here is vacuum. Can't really do an air blast over vacuum.

A Calc Group thread is probably the best place to get this answered, but I suspect that it wouldn't be viable because as you said the majority of the distance between the two objects here is vacuum. Can't really do an air blast over vacuum.
BTW if you say "but rabbit carrot survived on the moon"

It's a gag, hence why goku isn't listed with self sustenance

maybe instead we could calc the KE of having the pieces of the Moon reaching the Earth so fast?

Back