• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

And the kishimoto who just confirmed that the jutsu Naruto's most powerful weapon doesn't work against Kid Buu (your conversation)

Literally how most Kid Buu "versus battles" go 💀. He ain't like the other DB characters who wait and see what their opponents can do he's just destruction incarnate. Bro got on Earth and the first thing he did was scream and then blow up the planet.

Literally how most Kid Buu "versus battles" go 💀. He ain't like the other DB characters who wait and see what their opponents can do he's just destruction incarnate. Bro got on Earth and the first thing he did was scream and then blow up the planet.
Exactly, Naruto's conversation jutsu would be useless

The Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2024 took place on March 8th in Ikebukuro, Tokyo and Akira Toriyama was selected as one of the award winners in the "Contribution to the Animation Industry" category. The announcement had already been known for a few months.

At the event venue, a space was set up displaying Toriyama's manga and illustrations, as well as panels with a brief biography of the mangaka, who created "characters with a unique charm to drive the world crazy" and treated as "a mangaka who created historical works".

The point is that the organizers of the event were certainly not aware of the author's death, which was announced on the same day that the event began. As a result, Toriyama's comment on the award was leaked. This is perhaps the last recorded message from Akira Toriyama:

To be honest, I've never had a great interest in anime, not even in the past. Even when my works have been adapted into an anime format, I end up being ashamed to admit that I haven't watched them much, so I ask the teams to forgive me.

About ten years ago, in fact, I was asked to revise the script for a Dragon Ball anime movie and, at the time, I ended up drawing the characters' backgrounds and doing some simple designs. It was amazing to discover that this kind of work was rewarding and fun. I realized that I could rely on the team members to take care of the hard parts (laughs).

It's really embarrassing for me to receive an award for contribution to the animation industry from the Tokyo Anime Award Festival. Thank you very much!

Regarding the new Dragon Ball animation, Dragon Ball Daima, Toriyama left the following message

I designed not only the story itself, but also the worldview, the character design and the mechas. I believe it will be a production rich in content, not just intense action. I'd be grateful if you could enjoy watching it.

Toriyama's last living comment ended in the most painful way possible with the following statement:

Due to my lifestyle in my youth, I'm not very confident about my health, so I don't know how much more I can do. However, I will strive to create more interesting works. Please continue to support me in the future!

Daima is gonna be hype! Also makes sense for him to know his general condition wasn't the best. Sad for the artists burdening their bodies with the hope of making it big and even after.

Daima is gonna be hype! Also makes sense for him to know his general condition wasn't the best. Sad for the artists burdening their bodies with the hope of making it big and even after.
Daima will definitely be good, i was watching the trailer and it looks really good (although i was disappointed at first )

I never liked this work Sand Land, but i will see out of respect for the Master

people have different tastes but the anime should deliver hard.

the mechanic stuff alone is worth the watch.

oh and btw there was a follow up but no idea if toriyama finished it

toriyama-is-writing-a-follow-up-to-sandland-forestland-v0-c7stb2mmlqmc1.jpeg

I’m so confused here. If SSJ2 can be mastered to the point it can rival SSJ3, then how come SSJ hasn’t been trained on much? like they can make it stronger to the point it reaches SSJ2 atp yet it can’t

I’m so confused here. If SSJ2 can be mastered to the point it can rival SSJ3, then how come SSJ hasn’t been trained on much? like they can make it stronger to the point it reaches SSJ2 atp yet it can’t
Well, keep in mind the base power of the user, the SSJ1 also has different variants as we saw in the Cell saga, the fourth grade is the definitive version of the SSJ, being in itself the last step before the SSJ2, now that Dragon ball Super passes it through the eggs in the universal tournament saga is something else
Where did you get this from?
i guess Trunks vs Goku(?)

The higher the power level in base form, the stronger the transformation.

If Saiyan Saga Goku turns SSJ, it will not be enough to kill Frieza. Depending on how strong the base form is, it requires a transformation to surpass the adversery.

Majin Buu Saga Base Goku can one-shot Frieza without SSJ. He does not need to transform.

It is not that SSJ2 is getting close to SSJ3 in terms of power; it is that the individual who transforms to SSJ3 has suppressed his power.

The misconception that one needs a Super Saiyan to surpass another Super Saiyan is flawed. It all depends on how strong their base form is to know whether or not they surpass their adversary by transforming.

The higher the power level in base form, the stronger the transformation.

If Saiyan Saga Goku turns SSJ, it will not be enough to kill Frieza. Depending on how strong the base form is, it requires a transformation to surpass the adversery.

Majin Buu Saga Base Goku can one-shot Frieza without SSJ. He does not need to transform.

It is not that SSJ2 is getting close to SSJ3 in terms of power; it is that the individual who transforms to SSJ3 has suppressed his power.

The misconception that one needs a Super Saiyan to surpass another Super Saiyan is flawed. It all depends on how strong their base form is to know whether or not they surpass their adversary by transforming.
I mean imma have to disagree somewhat with what u said. transformation are nothing more then multipliers I get that, however Trunk was able to narrow the gap between SSJ3 with just SSJ2 which the former gives a better power (just shitty stamina). Same with SSJ vs SSJ2. Base Goku (Cell Games) is higher then Gohan’s yet all they needed was a SSJ2 to beat Cell

I just think that the other forms needed to be mastered like how SSJ2 is

It just makes it weird cause if SSJ2 can do that then SSJ should also be able to do something of the sort. Let it still be known that Goku still hasn’t mastered SSJ3 yet
It can, in fact Toriyama originally stated for Battle Of Gods that fully mastering SSJ was better than using SSJ2 and SSJ3 and had less energy drain, to the point Goku would only use his Base and SSJ.

Obviously that didn't come to pass, but he did state that was possible.

It can, in fact Toriyama originally stated for Battle Of Gods that fully mastering SSJ was better than using SSJ2 and SSJ3 and had less energy drain, to the point Goku would only use his Base and SSJ.

I mean, in the first transformation you are already 50x stronger, after that you are at most (going up to ssj3) 10x stronger or 8x depending on which guide you trust most.

When you don't know your opponent's real power, going all out doesn't seem like the best option, considering that the energy expenditure is too great (with the SSJ3) and you're only at most 10x stronger than the normal SSJ ( that someone like Goku could stay the whole fight with that)

So I would only think it would be good to use SSJs 2 or 3 but for the front of the fight...

or

Like Vegeta did in the dbs manga, switching from god to blue when attacking.

Honestly don’t know why but ig lots of people like SSJ2 and SSJ3 so I would assume that

Back