• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

This is depressing man, I spoke on the news and announcement thread but I can't man. Dragon Ball was the first anime I watched and it still remains at my top list. Going into gaming, the hours me and my brother played Budokai 2 and 3 then the Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 games is freaking outrageous. Akira's work touched the hearts of many and it brings tears to my eyes, I can't believe he's gone. I woke up today feeling ok but after hearing this news, it leaves a hole in my heart.

Respect to the man that made countless childhoods great, RIP Akira Toriyama, the OG.

image0.jpg

This is depressing man, I spoke on the news and announcement thread but I can't man. Dragon Ball was the first anime I watched and it still remains at my top list. Going into gaming, the hours me and my brother played Budokai 2 and 3 then the Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3 games is freaking outrageous. Akira's work touched the hearts of many and it brings tears to my eyes, I can't believe he's gone. I woke up today feeling ok but after hearing this news, it leaves a hole in my heart.

Respect to the man that made countless childhoods great, RIP Akira Toriyama, the OG.
Akira is the father of fiction, he will always live in our hearts.

Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is very good, 3 too, 1 was the one I found least attractive, but it was good too

I know we're supposed to live in the here and now while not taking each passing day for granted but after such a tragic passing of another pop culture maestro, I completely empathise with those who just wish to go back in time and embrace full on childhood nostalgia once more.

I dunno the world just feels like it keeps going to shit and I'm still trying to process a reality where things have changed yet part of me refuses to accept it (I don't think I nor many others will be able fully accept Akira Toriyama's passing).

I’m concerned about Toyotaro. He was a fan, like all of us, before he became the Successor to Toriyama’s vision. The shoes he has to fill, the hole in his life that’s been created, the impact on his soul—It has to be unimaginable. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Jump still forced him to churn out a Chapter this month. Or, vice versa, he took a break this month.

Looking at those pages, those characters, knowing who made them, and who put you in that position to BE his Successor is GONE? I couldn’t work on it, even if I wanted to.

I’m concerned about Toyotaro. He was a fan, like all of us, before he became the Successor to Toriyama’s vision. The shoes he has to fill, the hole in his life that’s been created, the impact on his soul—It has to be unimaginable. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Jump still forced him to churn out a Chapter this month. Or, vice versa, he took a break this month.

Looking at those pages, those characters, knowing who made them, and who put you in that position to BE his Successor is GONE? I couldn’t work on it, even if I wanted to.
As his successor it's probably time for him to fully take the mantle once he's mentally well enough. Hope if there is a chapter in the upcoming months it's out of his volition and or that he takes a break if needed.

What was that wiki with the weird scaling for db and manga renders for the characters? Codex wiki?
Ye

i just realised, since Super Hero takes place 1 year before the final chapter of Z............then, this means that we are currently approaching in canon the canonical ending of the series.........how can we continue from there? do a GT 2.0?

Ye
thanks, man these look crisp

Apparently, Toriyama was sick since Last Year.

This explains a LOT. Why he collaborated with Iyoku for CC, why he personally involved himself with Daima (he’s never gotten involved with Anime projects before), the 3 month Hiatus Toyo went on, etc. etc. A lot of the drama can be explained by Toriyama literally doing his best to pass on his Legacy.

Now, none of this is confirmed—For all we know, it’s total coincidence that those events happened alongside his decling health. But I’d like to think that the man infamous for not having a plan realized, before he passed, he’d need to invest one. Just this once.

Apparently, Toriyama was sick since Last Year.

This explains a LOT. Why he collaborated with Iyoku for CC, why he personally involved himself with Daima (he’s never gotten involved with Anime projects before), the 3 month Hiatus Toyo went on, etc. etc. A lot of the drama can be explained by Toriyama literally doing his best to pass on his Legacy.

Now, none of this is confirmed—For all we know, it’s total coincidence that those events happened alongside his decling health. But I’d like to think that the man infamous for not having a plan realized, before he passed, he’d need to invest one. Just this once.
Dude was so tuff it took a year for that to take him down.

Should've known he was built different. He created sagas, not arc.

Toriyama made the most popular transformation in fiction because he wanted to save ink by not coloring in Goku's hair.

And it was the hardest shit you've ever seen

While one might consider this to be a bold claim, I believe whole heartedly that there is not a single moment in anime history, both old and new, that will EVER match Goku's first transformation as a Super Saiyan. Like no cap, this is hands down one of the most iconic moments in Eastern media as a whole

Back