• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

[/QUOTE]
Nothing really contradicts the movie or LN though? It shouldn't impact anything.

Besides that, I'm glad Toyo fixed that absolutely moronic meditation line by Goku, he now just points out how weird it is to see Vegeta of all people meditating and Vegeta also brings up Moro, Broly, Gas and Freeza in addition to Jiren.
I've always coped that the meditation shit was just Goku being surprised to see Vegeta doing it given meditation isn't his thing.

Last edited:
“Low Multiverse level, higher as a Super Saiyan 1 and 2 (Fought nearly on par with a perfect clone of Ultimate Gohan in his base form, and quickly overwhelmed him with Super Saiyan

Um I thought there was a thread still discussing this

"Jiren, Broly, Moro , Gas...and Frieza, I was no match for all those guys i fought over the last few years...." " You know what's the difference" - Vegeta

It seems they are going to remove this dumbass statement about Jiren only being slightly stronger than them...

Sometimes I wonder if the fans know dragonball better than the creators

I am curius what route they will go in the Anime.

"Jiren, Broly, Moro , Gas...and Frieza, I was no match for all those guys i fought over the last few years...." " You know what's the difference" - Vegeta
My current guess is that Vegeta's going to mention that all of those fighters had ways to surpass him without God Ki and he's going to try learning from their example. I'm not sure how else Toyo would neatly tie them all up as having a specific difference from him. I'd say:
  • Jiren's power control (as mentioned in the movie)
  • Broly's absurd power growth and battle lust (as inspiration for furthering Ultra Ego?)
  • Moro's ability to absorb energy (evolving Spirit Fission?)
  • Gas's...honestly I don't know, his awakened instincts? Awakened potential? Could tie into Broly's Wrathful state being learned?
  • And Freeza I don't know, maybe they'll elaborate on him a bit here.
Really it's a flawed theory, we'll see what he's actually thinking in about a week.
The next tweet in the thread.
I don't think the Movie/LN will be considered non-canon because of this but we'll see what the complete pages actually look like. Hell, Toyo has even made errors in released chapters with missing details like a character's beard before so it could be something like that and he'll correct it either on chapter release or volume release.

If there are contradictions, is it a retcon or does it make the movie non canon
I always had the impression that these events will be retold/adapted in the Anime/Manga anyway. So the movie will be made non canon by the time they are retold/adapted.

Toei will most likely exaggerate the events in their Anime

well, same thing could happen here, long hiatus and then they just capitalize on it (epic fail part 2 lol)
Yeah but DBS would be a returning show so I imagine they're gonna start with something new copium

And the hype from Super Hero is still fairly fresh, plus it earned more yen than DBS Broly did

Just a flashback of what happened in the Broly arc, nothing will change, despite Akira toriyama maybe adding some scenes he wanted maybe, that doesn't stop the movie from being canon anymore, the manga doesn't follow the timeline of the anime and the movie directly follows the anime continuation after the Tournament of Power arc.

yeah we all knew this was going to happen, please guys be civil

hey lephyr, the dude forgot to add tags, i saw that mods can do that, so could you add them? thanks in advance

yeah we all knew this was going to happen, please guys be civil

hey lephyr, the dude forgot to add tags, i saw that mods can do that, so could you add them? thanks in advance
Bro I'm staying away from this shit good luck yall

It's barely been a month and a half.
EQI8qSiVUAEpiz8.jpg

Back