• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

It's probably more so that slump is canon to GT and super so it's basically the bridge between the two?
  • "Dr. Slump shares a setting with Dragon Ball. This is due to the fact that in Dragon Ball Super episode 69, Senbei pulls out the original Dr. Slump manga and refers to how the events of said manga are canon to them. Arale herself recognized Goku, thus solidifying the events of their meeting each other in Dragon Ball. Moreover, in Dragon Ball Manga Chapter 81, Senbei states that it had been a while since he had appeared in Shonen Jump, this statement would only make sense if he was referring to the events of Dr. Slump. Which is the only time he appeared in a Shonen Jump manga, prior to Dragon Ball. Thus proving the events of Dr. Slump are canon to Dragon Ball."

From arale's profile

• "Dr. Slump shares a setting with Dragon Ball. This is due to the fact that in Dragon Ball Super episode 69, Senbei pulls out the original Dr. Slump manga and refers to how the events of said manga are canon to them. Arale herself recognized Goku, thus solidifying the events of their meeting each other in Dragon Ball. Moreover, in Dragon Ball Manga Chapter 81, Senbei states that it had been a while since he had appeared in Shonen Jump, this statement would only make sense if he was referring to the events of Dr. Slump. Which is the only time he appeared in a Shonen Jump manga, prior to Dragon Ball. Thus proving the events of Dr. Slump are canon to Dragon Ball."

From arale's profile
Maybe we can get low 1-C arale again if the worlds really are different so it'd still have R>F superiority
But then we have a direct statement of them being in same world despite a different setting.

Are you suggesting he'd shadow clone jutsu his way into every timeline?
That's way more reasonable, on top of suggesting he's not actually destroying these worlds, but the mortals that live there... Which is perfectly in-line with his motivations.

There's nothing 2-B here.
Didn't he mention in the previous panel that he had access to a Time Machine of idk what Universe, therefore he could time travel to the past?

dr slump is in the same verse as db correct? aka the same universe correct? if so, wouldn't this apply to db?
Nah
I’m pretty sure we don’t allow Scaling for DB characters back to Dr. Slump Stuff and it’s considered an Outlier otherwise as early as the Red Ribbon Army Saga you’d have stuff like MFLT+ and above Planetary Level Kid Goku and General Blue lol

Despite it being that both share the same universe, we don’t scale DB to Dr. Slump because similarly to what null says both character’s effectively perceive the world differently.
I.E. When Goku looks at the Sun he sees a Real Sun and When Arale looks at the Sun she sees a Toon Sun with a Face on it

Plus it’s confirmed multiple times in verse that the characters operate under Gags and straight up say that don’t have to be logical if they don’t want to.

For these reasons and more,
Scaling DB characters to absurd feats doable by Dr. Slump characters due to ludicrous gags and toon logic is not advisable and frowned upon

This more or less would apply to size of the planets size as well as it’s also been confirmed that anything can happen across Dr Slump because it’s a Joke Manga and the Authors can do whatever the hell they want. Scaling DB which uses a form of consistent logic should not be considered

Also I should have made this clearer but the Note on Arale’s profile only serves the purpose of Proving that the Dr. Slump cast that appears in DB and DBS respectively are canon from Dr. Slump (or more so the events of Dr. Slump are canon to them) because some people for some reason thought that DBS Arale was not Dr. Slump Arale (which I still can’t believe people made that argument to this day)

The note is not a Jumper Cable for DB upscale themselves from Dr. Slump stuff especially since Dr. Slump clearly doesn’t operate under any form of consistent logic

No, it was because she never interacted with the 5D stuff iirc

Anyway, i may do a thread to upgrade dbz later based on that size stuff
More so this
I checked over and over and nope
Nth I’ve seen so far states nor shows Arale or any other character for that matter scales to the 5-D Avatars

Last edited:
Nah
I’m pretty sure we don’t allow Scaling for DB characters back to Dr. Slump Stuff and it’s considered an Outlier otherwise as early as the Red Ribbon Army Saga you’d have stuff like MFLT+ and above Planetary Level Kid Goku and General Blue lol

Despite it being that both share the same universe, we don’t scale DB to Dr. Slump because similarly to what null says both character’s effectively perceive the world differently.
I.E. When Goku looks at the Sun he sees a Real Sun and When Arale looks at the Sun she sees a Toon Sun with a Face on it

Plus it’s confirmed multiple times in verse that the characters operate under Gags and straight up say that don’t have to be logical if they don’t want to.

For these reasons and more,
Scaling DB characters to absurd feats doable by Dr. Slump characters due to ludicrous gags and toon logic is not advisable and frowned upon

This more or less would apply to size of the planets size as well as it’s also been confirmed that anything can happen across Dr Slump because it’s a Joke Manga and the Authors can do whatever the hell they want. Scaling DB which uses a form of consistent logic should not be considered

Also I should have made this clearer but the Note on Arale’s profile only serves the purpose of Proving that the Dr. Slump cast that appears in DB and DBS respectively are canon from Dr. Slump (or more so the events of Dr. Slump are canon to them) because some people for some reason thought that DBS Arale was not Dr. Slump Arale (which I still can’t believe people made that argument to this day)

The note is not a Jumper Cable for DB upscale themselves from Dr. Slump stuff especially since Dr. Slump clearly doesn’t operate under any form of consistent logic

More so this
I checked over and over and nope
Nth I’ve seen so far states nor shows Arale or any other character for that matter scales to the 5-D Avatars
So gag size and as such not usable? Meh, i might try a question and aswers to get a staff opinion on it, i think that it is worthy seeing this through, but probably much later down the line

Btw i have been wanting to see dr slump eventually, any point you recomend for me to start?

I can't wait for Black Freeza to turn out to surpass Zeno and become Omni-King just for him to break the fourth wall and get pimpslapped by Akira Toriyama and then the rest of Super is Goku spending an eternity training to beat Toriyama himself.

Anyone think Hit could catch up to people like Jiren and Broly? It would be a shame if he just became mid tier.
With things like the Kaio-Ken, God Ki, Jiren's power control and so on existing? There should be numerous ways for him to be relevant, even just discovering something new via Time Skip training (Canon Time Power?) but let's face it if they decide to make Hit relevant it won't be via anything interesting, he'll just show up one day stronger than Black Freeza and we'll be told he trained offscreen or something.

With things like the Kaio-Ken, God Ki, Jiren's power control and so on existing? There should be numerous ways for him to be relevant, even just discovering something new via Time Skip training (Canon Time Power?) but let's face it if they decide to make Hit relevant it won't be via anything interesting, he'll just show up one day stronger than Black Freeza and we'll be told he trained offscreen or something.
I’m gonna decipher what you just said, and say no. They probably won’t.

I still expect him to be stronger than current Super Saiyan Blues.

Anyone think Hit could catch up to people like Jiren and Broly? It would be a shame if he just became mid tier.
Hit caught up to 6U 2-C after being shown getting initially shitcanned by Dyspo some episodes earlier

If and when he returns he'll probably be Super Saiyan Blue level which is hella strong right now

I’m gonna decipher what you just said, and say no. They probably won’t.

I still expect him to be stronger than current Super Saiyan Blues.
tl;dr there are lots of ways to justify Hit getting a huge power boost to be relevant, none of them will be used. If he becomes relevant again we'll be told he trained offscreen, otherwise he might as well be Yamcha-tier.

Back