• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I got a question, this scan says that the living world is infinite apparently.
da9977c6-cef3-498f-8387-068e4f27de41

It's from daizenshuu 4 and apparently it says this. "And the darkness that spreads (expands) to infinity, and the illumination of galaxies, tens of thousands of light years ... Hundreds of millions of light years ... In addition to the stars where they can not even reach, there are countless monsters unimaginable."
So why does the wiki have the living world's size as finite?
Several reasons actually. It's because the daizenshuu uses both infinitely expanding and infinitely expansive on different occasions, leading some to argue that infinite = really big since the statements appear contradictory.
Another major reason is Bulma talking about the edge and center of the universe.

However, the daizenshuu statements differentiates matter and space.
In the scan you provided, it mentions infinite space on one page but on the other it says infinitely expanding when speaking of galaxy illuminations and life.
When speaking of the 4 quadrants, the daizenshuu describes it as infinitely again.
Another daizenshuu statement says the universe is an endless space that wraps around celestial bodies.
Pretty clever how the statements are used if you ask me.
VBW has been against infinite statements for years, how did you not know about it? lol

Several reasons actually. It's because the daizenshuu uses both infinitely expanding and infinitely expansive on different occasions, leading some to argue that infinite = really big since the statements appear contradictory.
Another major reason is Bulma talking about the edge and center of the universe.

However, the daizenshuu statements differentiates matter and space.
In the scan you provided, it mentions infinite space on one page but on the other it says infinitely expanding when speaking of galaxy illuminations and life.
When speaking of the 4 quadrants, the daizenshuu describes it as infinitely again.
Another daizenshuu statement says the universe is an endless space that wraps around celestial bodies.
Pretty clever how the statements are used if you ask me.
VBW has been against infinite statements for years, how did you not know about it? lol
I knew about it, I'm asking why it is the case.
Okay but if the daizenshuu says it's infinite space and the contradictions are mainly from the canon continuity and not the non canon anime, then why can't we scale non canon to infinite? Is the reason for arguing it against only because the statements are not consistent with each other?

Okay but if the daizenshuu says it's infinite space and the contradictions are mainly from the canon continuity and not the non canon anime, then why can't we scale non canon to infinite?
Idk
Is the reason for arguing it against only because the statements are not consistent with each other?
Likely the case. However, as pointed out. It describes the observable universe as infinitely expanding with the space around it being infinite. With those in mind, earth is shown to be at the edge of the observable universe, but not the edge of space.

Idk

Likely the case. However, as pointed out. It describes the observable universe as infinitely expanding with the space around it being infinite. With those in mind, earth is shown to be at the edge of the observable universe, but not the edge of space.
Wait... you're telling me that infinite living world is actually viable? Has this specific point been argued already, or is this new? If this is true then Dragon ball can get massively upgraded.

Wait... you're telling me that infinite living world is actually viable? Has this specific point been argued already, or is this new? If this is true then Dragon ball can get massively upgraded.
This is new. No one actually looked at the full context behind each statement. It pretty clearly specifies 3-A matter and High 3-A space. So yeah, I guess you can sort of say it's new evidence.

This is new. No one actually looked at the full context behind each statement. It pretty clearly specifies 3-A matter and High 3-A space. So yeah, I guess you can sort of say it's new evidence.
Impossible. High 3-A, infinite speed SSG isn't a myth. Though, I'm not really in the mood for another big content revision thread, I don't think you are either, are you zamasu man?

Base Future Trunks should be low 4-C during the android saga as Krillin refers to his power as “huge” and this is after sensing Frieza and King Cold’s power.

If base Trunks was far behind King cold and Frieza, his ki would just be referred to as another one, but here it’s referred to as huge and this is after sensing the ki of King cold and Frieza.

Also after Trunks blitzes Frieza’s troops, Frieza doesn’t even act after he wanted him dead and he’s even kinda impressed by base trunks even though he thinks he’s human

Also here, Trunks in base was standing in front of Frieza and King Cold with extreme levels of confidence and even threatening them. He’s basically risking his life here standing in front of someone that could death beam any of the Z fighters on earth in a second.

Plus if Trunks was far weaker in base than Frieza and King Cold, he would’ve gone straight to super saiyan from the start to fight them

Last edited:
Base Future Trunks should be low 4-C during the android saga as Krillin refers to his power as “huge” and this is after sensing Frieza and King Cold’s power.

If base Trunks was far behind King cold and Frieza, his ki would just be referred to as another one, but here it’s referred to as huge and this is after sensing the ki of King cold and Frieza.

Also after Trunks blitzes Frieza’s troops, Frieza doesn’t even act after he wanted him dead and he’s even kinda impressed by base trunks even though he thinks he’s human

Also here, Trunks in base was standing in front of Frieza and King Cold with extreme levels of confidence and even threatening them. He’s basically risking his life here standing in front of someone that could death beam any of the Z fighters on earth in a second.

Plus if Trunks was far weaker in base than Frieza and King Cold, he would’ve gone straight to super saiyan from the start to fight them

They call his ki huge because it suddenly appeared out of no where and it's larger than any of the Z fighters at the time, that doesn't mean, he's above frieza in base.
Killing frieza's troops is a moon level feat.
Trunks was confident because he could become a super saiyan.

They call his ki huge because it suddenly appeared out of no where and it's larger than any of the Z fighters at the time, that doesn't mean, he's above frieza in base.
But they already sensed King Cold and Frieza’s huge ki and found Trunks’ ki to huge as well and not just another ki source.
Killing frieza's troops is a moon level feat.
Frieza and King Cold were mainly impressed at the speed that base Trunks showed when killing the troops.
Trunks was confident because he could become a super saiyan.
But he didn’t do it right away because he knew he can survive hits from King Cold and Frieza in base if they ever decide to death beam Trunks. And Trunks only went super saiyan just to take them out quickly and efficiently.

But they already sensed King Cold and Frieza’s huge ki and found Trunks’ ki to huge as well and not just another ki source.

Frieza and King Cold were mainly impressed at the speed that base Trunks showed when killing the troops.

But he didn’t do it right away because he knew he can survive hits from King Cold and Frieza in base if they ever decide to death beam Trunks. And Trunks only went super saiyan just to take them out quickly and efficiently.
Yeah they were shocked because they knew about every possible ki that could be that strong and they all were already there, but a completely new one even stronger than all the Z fighters appeared suddenly.
They were impressed that a mere human they've never seen before could kill their troops.
Trunks could turn SSJ with a thought and they wouldn't attack him if he said he was also a SSJ until they've seen it themselves.

Just caught up on the news with Mark. Yeah, it's pretty horrendous, but as horrendous as it is, it really doesn't surprise me. This is just what those big money corporate businesses do. They're totally fine with content creators promoting their content and making it more popular, because they make money from that. But if a content creator is making their own money off of anything even related to their content without some sort of agreement between them, regardless of whether or not it's actually stealing the content, they then have a problem. TotallyNotMark deeply cares about these shows, which is why he makes reviews and art of them. Hell, him making content about said shows logically would make them more popular and get the company extra money, anyways, and it is done from a place of passion and love, but those things are irrelevant to such a large business, I guess. Hopefully the shockwave of Mark's video which seems to be reverberating throughout the anime community reaches Toei and actually gets their attention, but I doubt it. Even a content creator as big as Mark would barely be more than a spec to them.

The one thing I disagree on is not watching the upcoming movie. Remember that the movie was made by laboring animators who dedicate their lives to their craft. Taking away money from them by not viewing their work because of what the company they work for did doesn't feel right. And I've also heard that the animation industry is especially bad over in Japan.

Japanese is different from the rest of the world, like they actually that care about outside of their country. They doesn't care about content creator lol, even if you guys doesn't watch the show, it not that big impact on Toei, and i doubt Mark actually researching about how thing actually work in Japan, you guys somethime praise him to too high the heaven. The only guy on Youtube that i actually show respect to is AnimeJay, he actually research things about animation

U know it just clicked to me with DBS anime. How in ToP, U7 is considered on the lower scale of power with the saiyans gone yet even if they had them they still would had been considered a weak universe by the mere fact almost everyone in DBS is SSG lvl and beyond???

U know it just clicked to me with DBS anime. How in ToP, U7 is considered on the lower scale of power with the saiyans gone yet even if they had them they still would had been considered a weak universe by the mere fact almost everyone in DBS is SSG lvl and beyond???
Who knows? There are probably other people in the universes we don’t know about. This is DB after all. There’s always someone stronger.

What do you mean? Universe 7 is easily the strongest universe and would have easjly wiped the tournament had it not been for Jiren's BULGING MUSCLES. When was it considered that universe 7 was weak? Are you just confusing it with the low mortal ranking?

What do you mean? Universe 7 is easily the strongest universe and would have easjly wiped the tournament had it not been for Jiren's BULGING MUSCLES. When was it considered that universe 7 was weak? Are you just confusing it with the low mortal ranking?
It had the lowest mortal ranking during the preliminary tournament.

Back