• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

You can use Kid Buu's feat of destroying hundreds of planets in years to give characters MFTL+
I dont remember what the statement was but wasnt it like "in a few years he turned hundreds of planets into worlds of death..." if so then yeah that's also MFTL+ speed. I'm just showing that all of these statement narratively do not make sense with their current Hypersonic speed. The narrative itself goes against such a rating and if anything this makes it seem like their flight speeds might be higher than their combat speeds

just as a few examples:
rPeATTU.jpeg

here is Piccolo stating that Cell is a danger to every celestial body in the universe
Would like to see this fully translated, but even then, I think it would just be AP and range.
Also primarily AP
I could see this for travel speed, but there are other ways to interpret this.
And then of course the countless statements of Buu being able to destroy the universe, being an imminent threat to all planets with life on them, etc
Also AP

I feel like the evidence is kinda meh, but there is some noteworthy stuff ig. If you make the crt I wish you luck.

I dont remember what the statement was but wasnt it like "in a few years he turned hundreds of planets into worlds of death..." if so then yeah that's also MFTL+ speed. I'm just showing that all of these statement narratively do not make sense with their current Hypersonic speed. The narrative itself goes against such a rating and if anything this makes it seem like their flight speeds might be higher than their combat speeds
This has to do with a crt of @Damage3245 i remember, although it doesn't make much sense for the characters to only have that speed, since they can reach higher speeds in flight.

Would like to see this fully translated, but even then, I think it would just be AP and range.
with his current AP/range? not even close. and he is simply a nonissue to any celestial body outside the galaxy with his current rating
Also primarily AP
universal Cell? if not then how is he "destroying the universe" while being 4-C?
I could see this for travel speed, but there are other ways to interpret this.
this is travel/flight speed. I dont see any other interpretation tbh
They were rejected as arguments for AP, but they're far more suitable for travel speed

This has to do with a crt of @Damage3245 i remember, although it doesn't make much sense for the characters to only have that speed, since they can reach higher speeds in flight.
yeah I read that CRT. Damage ignored many statements that point towards MFTL+ travel speed. It virtually makes 0 sense for these characters to even be a relevant threat to a neighboring galaxy let alone the entire universe/every celestial body if they're 4-C/4-B and MHS+ speed and only one of them having a possibly Type 1 Immortality at best. either their AP is completely wrong or their speed is heavily downplayed it is one or the other

yeah I read that CRT. Damage ignored many statements that point towards MFTL+ travel speed. It virtually makes 0 sense for these characters to even be a relevant threat to a neighboring galaxy let alone the entire universe/every celestial body if they're 4-C/4-B and MHS+ speed and only one of them having a possibly Type 1 Immortality at best. either their AP is completely wrong or their speed is heavily downplayed it is one or the other
Lol

with his current AP/range? not even close. and he is simply a nonissue to any celestial body outside the galaxy with his current rating

universal Cell? if not then how is he "destroying the universe" while being 4-C?

They were rejected as arguments for AP, but they're far more suitable for travel speed
I'm not really familiar with the current tiers for Manga DB characters. My point was mainly that I can very easily see how it can be interpreted as AP or range. Stuff like "is a threat to", "can destroy", or "can put x in danger" typically are used to show AP and not speed (from my experience)
this is travel/flight speed. I dont see any other interpretation tbh
I think travel speed is the most reasonable. I also think that arguments like exaggeration, or that it was to show his resolve, are also interpretations that aren't baseless

I'm not really familiar with the current tiers for Manga DB characters. My point was mainly that I can very easily see how it can be interpreted as AP or range. Stuff like "is a threat to", "can destroy", or "can put x in danger" typically are used to show AP and not speed (from my experience)

I think travel speed is the most reasonable. I also think that arguments like exaggeration, or that it was to show his resolve, are also interpretations that aren't baseless
Manga Cell is a solar system buster, no way his AP allows him to that

Cell has an infinite battery, Androids have infinite energy, i wouldn't doubt Cell has the power to destroy the Universe by consuming Android energy.

Cell has an infinite battery, Androids have infinite energy, i wouldn't doubt Cell has the power to destroy the Universe by consuming Android energy.
No he doesn’t. Despite reportedly inheriting 17’s Infinite Generator in the Daizenshuu, he did not gain actually gain Infinite Energy/Stamina. The Senzu Bean moment literally disproves this.

that would be an extreme stretch to say the least.
your assertion is that as well, since you are using for speed, aka he would take his time to travel all the way across the universe to destroy, which can only be found for speed with a time frame, which we don't have, making it not really useful for calcing speed

i don't see how that changes anything and 16 wouldn't know how powerful Perfect Cell would be anyway
Perfect Cell, as shown in the ending of the saga, had all the capabilities to grow to a Solar System level of destruction, which would make destroying the universe overtime not really hard to do

your assertion is that as well, since you are using for speed, aka he would take his time to travel all the way across the universe to destroy, which can only be found for speed with a time frame, which we don't have, making it not really useful for calcing speed
we don't need to calc anything, I'm just showing everyone here why even narratively the fact that Cell is implied to be an imminent threat to every celestial body means not only is his current speed rating bunk but anything less than MFTL+ is just wrong. As for the calc part it really doesnt need to be calced since flight speed is useless for combat anyway and many characters on here often get a blanket "MFTL+" when a statement is too vague to calc
Perfect Cell, as shown in the ending of the saga, had all the capabilities to grow to a Solar System level of destruction, which would make destroying the universe overtime not really hard to do
no you're wrong. even with 4-B AP, going around with MHS+ speed and solar system level range, destroying the universe is an almost impossible task regardless of how long he lives (which isn't long at all since unlike the cyborgs, Cell isnt stated to never age). And why is Perfect Cell relevant here anyway? Absoring 17 wont make him perfect or solar system level and its debatable if he's even referring to post-17 absorption Cell or the current one in front of him. Regardless, the statement makes 0 sense with his current ratings and further statements in the Buu saga prove that it isn't inconsistent

Nobody, not even CELL HIMSELF, knew that he could have grown into a Solar System buster from the immense Zenkai Boosts granted by his regeneration (or that his regeneration covered that amount of damage, as Zenkai’s come in proportion to damage TAKEN.) So 16’s statement physically cannot apply to Super Perfect Cell. Even making it apply to Perfect is a stretch, because Super Vegeta was a world away/incomprehensible in power to him.

the reason I'm proposing these statements for speed instead of AP upgrades is because with AP upgrades we need to be much more specific and try to think about what it means. We cant just throw a blanket "3-B Multi-Galaxy level" and call it a day but speed doesnt have that kind of problem thankfully you can be a bit more vague with how high into MFTL+ someone is especially if its simply travel speed

we don't need to calc anything, I'm just showing everyone here why even narratively the fact that Cell is implied to be an imminent threat to every celestial body means not only is his current speed rating bunk but anything less than MFTL+ is just wrong.
"Imminent"? outside of the "Perfect Cell point" i put bellow........where are you seeing "Imminent" from that? it is just said "he wants to destroy the universe" no time frame given to say "Imminent"

As for the calc part it really doesnt need to be calced since flight speed is useless for combat anyway and many characters on here often get a blanket "MFTL+" when a statement is too vague to calc
Considering that DB's flight is accepted as being less than their combat speed, whatever flight speed he has would directly scale to his combat speed

no you're wrong. even with 4-B AP, going around with MHS+ speed and solar system level range, destroying the universe is an almost impossible task regardless of how long he lives
the galaxy only has 3,000ish solar systems, he only needs a couple tillion of blasts to destroy a large portion, or even all the universe, which is very possible to do given the AP he would have

(which isn't long at all since unlike the cyborgs, Cell isnt stated to never age).
we don't know that, to say that it isn't long is not really supported at all

And why is Perfect Cell relevant here anyway? Absoring 17 wont make him perfect or solar system level and its debatable if he's even referring to post-17 absorption Cell or the current one in front of him.
it is very clear he is talking about post absorption, complete cell, since stopping him from absorbing both 17 and 18 is what he wants to do in the context where he is saying the statement

Regardless, the statement makes 0 sense with his current ratings and further statements in the Buu saga prove that it isn't inconsistent
the statements in the Buu saga more or less follow the same i have been saying, specially since Buu we know lives a ridiculous long lifespan

Nobody, not even CELL HIMSELF, knew that he could have grown into a Solar System buster from the immense Zenkai Boosts granted by his regeneration (or that his regeneration covered that amount of damage, as Zenkai’s come in proportion to damage TAKEN.) So 16’s statement physically cannot apply to Super Perfect Cell. Even making it apply to Perfect is a stretch, because Super Vegeta was a world away/incomprehensible in power to him.
he had the capability to go that far, it shows that 16's fears were true

the reason I'm proposing these statements for speed instead of AP upgrades is because with AP upgrades we need to be much more specific and try to think about what it means. We cant just throw a blanket "3-B Multi-Galaxy level" and call it a day but speed doesnt have that kind of problem thankfully you can be a bit more vague with how high into MFTL+ someone is especially if its simply travel speed
no you can't, doing place holder ratings is not a good practice, we archive a characters statistics, to not show them because "it isn't important for combat" which is not true in the slightiest in this case btw is just being lazy, outside of the fact that this would directly impact combat speed, which makes your point even more not true, want MFTL+ Travel speed for Cell saga onwards? ok, find a time frame and calculate, that is how this works on this site

There is no estimated time but it is known that Cell has "Possible type 1 immortality" which is actually unnecessary since the one who has it is Piccolo junior (who despite that has also been seen aging like DBO). I don't understand why a wish that only involves Piccolo and Piccolo Junior also applies to Cell, who has his cells and those of several other characters and is not an incarnation of Piccolo, just a being made from him. Another fact is that it is known that it does not have all the abilities of the characters that are part of it, as in the case of the infinite stamina of the androids...

The only thing Cell has is the longevity of the Saiyans, demons of the cold and Namekian who, for the most part, perhaps reach 400 years (being exaggerated), traveling through the galaxy in such a short period with a flight speed of MHS+ is impossible, The nearest star is 4 light years away... it is impossible for it to live to destroy every star in our galaxy even...

he had the capability, it shows that 16's fears were true
While this is true, 16’s fears WERE verified, the information 16 was working on objectively was not “he could blow up solar systems.” It was vastly more likely he was referring to the information projected by the Supercomputer (which is already out of date/wrong because it didn’t account for the changes in the Z-Fighters PL relative to the 3 years training for 19 and 20, and definitely could not adequately cover the present Cell, who had engorged himself on hundreds of thousands of humans specifically because his power output, {which is literally decided by the Supercomputer that made him}, was lower than 17’s and thus literally could not quantify Cell’s strength trajectory. Even assuming 16 was calculating that trajectory in the present moment with his Supercomputer Brain, this same brain still wouldn’t be operating on the understanding a “Super Perfect Cell” could even exist.

Edit: That’s to say, it’s vastly more likely it was interpreting Cell’s power as a “Large Star Buster” or what have you, not Solar Systems, and he’d clear out the Universe over time one planet and Star at a time.

While this is true, 16’s fears WERE verified, the information 16 was working on objectively was not “he could blow up solar systems.” It was vastly more likely he was referring to the information projected by the Supercomputer (which is already out of date/wrong because it didn’t account for the changes in the Z-Fighters PL relative to the 3 years training for 19 and 20, and definitely could not adequately cover the present Cell, who had engorged himself on hundreds of thousands of humans specifically because his power output, {which is literally decided by the Supercomputer that made him}, was lower than 17’s and thus literally could not quantify Cell’s strength trajectory. Even assuming 16 was calculating that trajectory in the present moment with his Supercomputer Brain, this same brain still wouldn’t be operating on the understanding a “Super Perfect Cell” could even exist.
yeah, Cell's growth shows that he could grow to such heights that even Gero's supercomputer couldn't proccess should be used to make Cell "Extrordinary Genius" combatant, not ironic remark, an observation of mine so, it isn't too outlandish to see this growth as the danger, considering that in the end he reached Solar System busting levels of power, i wouldn't consider so weird to think that this is where 16's fears lied

Edit: That’s to say, it’s vastly more likely it was interpreting Cell’s power as a “Large Star Buster” or what have you, not Solar Systems, and he’d clear out the Universe over time one planet and Star at a time.
large star level is not enough to destroy the entire universe tho, going that route you should upgrade Cell to solar system level, neutron stars that that high to destroy iirc

Back