• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I wasn't doing anything more than diagnosing what I see. My only personal take away/opinion on it all is that Goku just really is that guy. But as a result of being that guy, everyone and their mother knows where he scales compared to other characters like Sonic or Saitama or generic manhwa MC who can get away with a lot more wank/higher end scaling.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown, and I don't say that to glaze, I mean this site probably wouldn't be here without DB and Goku.

Is this an official DB info book?

static-assets-upload450387207926363173-1.jpg
For the past week I've been thinking about making a FC/OC page based on this guidebok, where it's the anime with this entire thing canon to it. It's got other great stuff apart from the cosmology scaling

I wasn't doing anything more than diagnosing what I see. My only personal take away/opinion on it all is that Goku just really is that guy?
It's not terribly surprising that Goku is often the stepping ladder that people compare fictional characters to. When you're the main protagonist of the biggest and most influential anime franchise out there with stardom that extends to nearly country on the entire planet, on top of being a franchise that is famously known for being strong as can be, then people are going to want to compare and see if their characters are the next hot stuff or not. And honestly, I think the vast majority don't come close.

he is. Its the near-perfect combination of being old, iconic, powerful and influential. few characters check all these boxes
I can think of another character that checks out those boxes, and coincidentally their name also starts with a G
aipznw9x2d331.png

I wasn't doing anything more than diagnosing what I see. My only personal take away/opinion on it all is that Goku just really is that guy. But as a result of being that guy, everyone and their mother knows where he scales compared to other characters like Sonic or Saitama or generic manhwa MC who can get away with a lot more wank/higher end scaling.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown, and I don't say that to glaze, I mean this site probably wouldn't be here without DB and Goku.

Goku is just as alpha as it gets

b9f0716881eed5df4d83ccde0ee6859b.gif

The cringest thing is when people say "DBs hax is weak cause it can be resisted" ... like bro? Ive read some good amount of fiction and I can tell you that everything and their momma has a potency, including hax. Be it stuff like durability negation to more jumbowumbo things like laws/concepts etc.

Im not sayin Dragonball every damn hax, but hax resistance/immunity via power isnt something new.

I found that a little too disrespecting
Agreed tho these days Naruto is lacking behind the rest of the HST with One Piece still having a iron cast monopoly on shonen manga industry plus the surprising success of the Netflix live action adaptation and Bleach's resurgence with the TYBW anime adaption, Kubo getting super involved with the community and ofc JJK as well as KNY essentially being Bleach's kids.

I honestly dont know how to word it better
Maybe hust say that Goku is the OG? Like, saying that another series is just "mediocre weaker immitation" is def not okay to say, specially when the series in question has......honestlt very little in common with Dragon Ball

Agreed tho these days Naruto is lacking behind the rest of the HST with One Piece still having a iron cast monopoly on shonen manga industry plus the surprising success of the Netflix live action adaptation and Bleach's resurgence with the TYBW anime adaption, Kubo getting super involved with the community and ofc JJK as well as KNY essentially being Bleach's kids.
I mean...........i don't think that fits in the context of the point, but i guess? The Boruto Anime was in the tops in popularity iirc

Maybe hust say that Goku is the OG? Like, saying that another series is just "mediocre weaker immitation" is def not okay to say, specially when the series in question has......honestlt very little in common with Dragon Ball
i was gonna make an analogy and say Goku is like a Harvard graduate while Naruto is a community college drop out but that just sounds worse...

Even Naruto, which was one of the few with good anime games, is getting bad lately.

We have to be thankful that most DB games are good.

Seriously, that JJK game and this new HxH game look horrible. Not counting the older ones like OPM.

Meanwhile we have Xenoverse, Fighter Z, Kakarot and the new budokai tenkaichi looks incredible.

Even SandLand, which is not DB and is more unknown in the West, seems to be made with great care.

I mean, with the exception of THE BREAKERS. I don't know what happened in that game. But I won't complain too much because at least they tried to try a new style of gameplay and it is updated with new characters to this day even though there are few people.

Dragon Ball Z: The Anime Adventure Game, a tabletop roleplaying game, published by R. Talsorian Games (the Cyberpunk guys), and written almost exclusively by Mike Pondsmith (the Cyberpunk guy) (with material adapted from Cindy Fukunaga of Funimation Productions).

The reason terms like "Next Dimension" and "Home For Infinite Losers" are used is because the book was published in 1999, during a time period in which the only English dub of the first sixty-eight episodes (up until Goku defeats Jeice and Burter) was the Ocean dub.

Dragon Ball Z: The Anime Adventure Game, a tabletop roleplaying game, published by R. Talsorian Games (the Cyberpunk guys), and written almost exclusively by Mike Pondsmith (the Cyberpunk guy) (with material adapted from Cindy Fukunaga of Funimation Productions).

The reason terms like "Next Dimension" and "Home For Infinite Losers" are used is because the book was published in 1999, during a time period in which the only English dub of the first sixty-eight episodes (up until Goku defeats Jeice and Burter) was the Ocean dub.
also Dragon Ball Z's "Hades" that term was only ever used to refer to Hell in the ocean dub as far as I remember

This is one of the most emotional and impactful moments in Dragon Ball, seeing Vegeta encourage Goku to embrace his Saiyan heritage and emphasizing the sheer evil that was Frieza nearly driving the Saiyans is something that is rarely discussed by DB fans. It's instances like this that show that, no matter what has come after it or how popular it is, Dragon Ball will always remain at the top

Back