• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Just watched it.

The actual fight was lit af and REALLY good, imo the best Death Battle animation ever and probably the best Goku Vs. Superman fan animation I've seen, with only a few contenders. That alone genuinely makes me happy with this Death Battle it was SICK, and I LOVED the dialogue and interactions, especially how it ended. I think it's very narratively fitting, and the way they explained who the characters are and what they're written for was a nice touch. I agree that, from a NARRATIVE PERSPECTIVE, Goku will never beat Superman. Goku's whole shtick is that he's a guy who challenges himself and breaks his limits to strive higher levels. Superman is literally a Gary Stue comfort character that can just do whatever he wants. Honestly, Superman is pretty much a gag character who just has a lot of serious comics. Not saying that means he wins in an actual debate obviously, but from a writing/narrative standpoint I agree with Death Battle on that end.

In terms of the research/stat sections, most of it wasn't too bad though questionable spots here and there especially for Goku, and they mentioned literally 0 of Goku's abilities from Heroes despite Instant Transmission being more OP, but the power section is extremely disappointing. ONCE AGAIN, as I literally called earlier, Death Battle refuses to use any terms outside of what casual audiences could easily understand. They will never use terms like "multiversal" (at least not properly anyways), let alone "low complex multiversal" and so on. They'll mention dimensional tiering on very, very rare occasions, but only when it is something explicitly stated and shown or if it's something they think is fitting for the character they're talking about. For example, no one, even casual audiences, will have trouble understanding the Marvel abstracts like Eternity and such as higher-dimensional beings, but when you argue about Goku having 4D, 5D etc. power levels, that's when it becomes, at least in Death Battle's eyes, harder for casual viewers to understand or agree with, and Death Battle is afraid of that, so they just dumb it down to "This guy can destroy this many universes, but this guy can destroy way more!". Therefor taking away accuracy and detail just to appeal to a broader audience.

And the fact that they said they'd use Heroes and then literally ignored Heroes for like 95% of the scaling is almost offensively disappointing...like wtf. It's funny cause they talked about how Superman killed a multiversal being and destroyed said multiverse with one punch, but didn't even MENTION the MULTITUDES of multiversal threats Goku has faced in Dragon Ball Heroes and Xenoverse. Like what the actual f*ck DB???

Anyways, besides some scaling grievances I think they covered a lot of stuff pretty well (if they left out Heroes and sticked to canon it would've summed up most of Goku's combat capabilities, but power would still be a bit lacking), and the actual fight was legendary and deserves praise.

Last edited:
As they should that shit is made cringe frankly
Vs brain rot at its worst
It depends on how it's used.

Dimensional tiering, when taken out of context literally just to wank characters, is cringe af. But acting like dimensional tiering doesn't exist is just right out lol.

Anyways Heroes Goku has plenty of feats ranging from multiversal at least to low complex multiversal at best. Just ignoring those feats outright while giving Superman his, for no reason other than cause of the viewers, is the worst cringe quite frankly.

So we've gotten more info from Ultraguys blog on how Death Battle scales Dragon Ball Heroes (in relation to Goku at least).

TLDR: Low Complex Multiversal and Infinite/Immeasurable speed.

Thoughts?

Screenshot-20231205-043550-01.jpg
Screenshot-20231205-044221-01.jpg

It depends on how it's used.

Dimensional tiering, when taken out of context literally just to wank characters, is cringe af. But acting like dimensional tiering doesn't exist is just right out lol.

Anyways Heroes Goku has plenty of feats ranging from multiversal at least to low complex multiversal at best. Just ignoring those feats outright while giving Superman his, for no reason other than cause of the viewers, is the worst cringe quite frankly.
Well they did consider the multiversal feats, it wasin the black boxes at the top

Dimensional tiering exist but it's hardly something that can be fully reliable to use given not many authors even understand that stuff or be consistent with it
It also factors on them thinking about it in a vs context which they clearly don't care about it
Even this site standards are hardly consistent

Even factoring it ya not saying x character is 5D or whatever without looking stupid to the broader audience ya just better going who's hax is far More reliable and better than muh infinity is better than Urs

Dimensional tiering exist but it's hardly something that can be fully reliable to use given not many authors even understand that stuff or be consistent with it
It also factors on them thinking about it in a vs context which they clearly don't care about it
Even this site standards are hardly consistent

Even factoring it ya not saying x character is 5D or whatever without looking stupid to the broader audience ya just better going who's hax is far More reliable and better than muh infinity is better than Urs
I agree.

So we've gotten more info from Ultraguys blog on how Death Battle scales Dragon Ball Heroes (in relation to Goku at least).

TLDR: Low Complex Multiversal and Infinite/Immeasurable speed.

Thoughts?

Screenshot-20231205-043550-01.jpg
Screenshot-20231205-044221-01.jpg
Wheres the low complex part? And i dont think this guy is associated with DB, but im not sure if 5D DB is accepted by DB.

In the video, they had heroes goku scaling to 2-A, but they mentioned that this pales in comparison to the world forger feat.

Anyone else think it might just be better for DB to not even bother with research and just do a popularity poll with an animated fight? I mean it's way too late in their channel for that now, but ngl that'd probably have been better since a ton of their battles are wrong or just plainly terrible.

Tbf, this Death Battle was like 9,001 times better than the first 2 combined, but the reasoning/argumentation still wasn't all that great and I feel like they tried their best...

wait if you think about it the fight itself was kinda unfair
they made superman get a massive amp in sundipping while base goku already took a beating and didn't get an amp and didn't have time to recharge unlike superman

they made superman get a massive amp in sundipping while base goku already took a beating and didn't get an amp and didn't have time to recharge unlike superman
I find it somewhat strange that Goku never used his energy absorption or even just did something typical like charge up a Spirit Bomb, absorb it, then fist clash with sundipped Superman. One way they could have had it play out is Superman using his Super Flare, Goku takes it pointblank but manages to control and absorb it (Akin to the Universe Tree feat) but Superman has enough juice to sundip to recharge and amp up then beat Goku.

Well tbf the actual animated fights are just for entertainment. According to Death Battle the animations have no relevance to the result.

I'm honestly satisfied with this Death Battle even if they still got quite a bit wrong. At least this one had actual effort put into it and tried being fair to both sides rather than making it entirely one-sided with no room for "But this guy...". Superman no-diff walking through Goku's Kamehameha made a lot of people angry and DB learned from that ig lmao.

This might sound like copium but I have a theory.

Warner Bros Discovery own DC

Who own DB Death Battle? Rooster Teeth own rooster teeth? Warner Bros Discovery

Coincidence I think not lmao

Back