• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

The fight was okay but I preferred Freeza vs Megatron. Freeza pulling in Cybertron and nuking it felt infinitely more powerful and 'real' than reality exploding in this fight. So maybe I'm just someone who prefers less overpowered fights.

Characterisation was pretty great, I enjoyed their banter and seeing the cracks in reality show other Goku vs Superman matchups was pretty cool.

Analysis...I disliked. They barely touched on Heroes, didn't really acknowledge any hax and most of the arguments made for Superman against Heroes was purely in blurbs at the corner of the screen which bothered me. I also felt like they got quite a few things wrong.

But all of the positives are ultimately brought down by the big fat negative which is...we already did this twice before and the result didn't change. Superman is basically still infinitely stronger than Goku and Goku has no hope of ever beating him via their logic. It's the same thing with a different coat of paint from GvS1. Granted, a prettier coat of paint with better characterisation but still. They're just giving us the same answer but more politely.

And honestly? From my perspective I can't help but feel like this was made more for views than anything else. Which inherently soured my view on the rematch from the beginning. Like all of the shilling Ben made on his website, Twitter, etc (Superman has limits, Goku breaks all limits, Superman isn't perfect, etc) made it feel like they were actively trying to bait more views from gullible people who thought the result might change.

And all of those takes by me? Also sours Freeza beating Megatron. Because it feels like they just handed out that free W to 'make up' for the inevitable Superman stomp. Was that win really from their own genuine views on Megatron's power? Or was it simply them sacrificing Megatron to give DB fans a W before their next L? Still a great fight regardless.

All in all I really hope we get Goku next season against someone who ISN'T Superman. And hopefully he finally gets a W.

The fight was okay but I preferred Freeza vs Megatron. Freeza pulling in Cybertron and nuking it felt infinitely more powerful and 'real' than reality exploding in this fight. So maybe I'm just someone who prefers less overpowered fights.

Characterisation was pretty great, I enjoyed their banter and seeing the cracks in reality show other Goku vs Superman matchups was pretty cool.

Analysis...I disliked. They barely touched on Heroes, didn't really acknowledge any hax and most of the arguments made for Superman against Heroes was purely in blurbs at the corner of the screen which bothered me. I also felt like they got quite a few things wrong.

But all of the positives are ultimately brought down by the big fat negative which is...we already did this twice before and the result didn't change. Superman is basically still infinitely stronger than Goku and Goku has no hope of ever beating him via their logic. It's the same thing with a different coat of paint from GvS1. Granted, a prettier coat of paint with better characterisation but still. They're just giving us the same answer but more politely.

And honestly? From my perspective I can't help but feel like this was made more for views than anything else. Which inherently soured my view on the rematch from the beginning. Like all of the shilling Ben made on his website, Twitter, etc (Superman has limits, Goku breaks all limits, Superman isn't perfect, etc) made it feel like they were actively trying to bait more views from gullible people who thought the result might change.

And all of those takes by me? Also sours Freeza beating Megatron. Because it feels like they just handed out that free W to 'make up' for the inevitable Superman stomp. Was that win really from their own genuine views on Freeza's power? Or was it simply them sacrificing Megatron to give DB fans a W before their next L? Still a great fight regardless.

All in all I really hope we get Goku next season against someone who ISN'T Superman. And hopefully he finally gets a W.
It's not even like Ben Singer hated GVS 2 and wanted to make a fight that respected both characters

But Transformers will suffer even more in the next fight

Yep, as expected, downplaying dragon ball cosmology, not even going over all of it, they go over superman's resistances but don't go over goku's lmaooo. They use heroes goku to make it a more fair matchup but don't even use goku's best abilities, and don't even go over all of it. Not even his resistance to dark ki and the dark factor, and all the abilities of those, how those certain types of ki can overcome and still work on people who have resistances to those said abilities, like who researched this? They decided to just suck off superman for the entire thing and make him sound more impressive than goku who arguably can keep up or even exceed him in hax and abilities. The goku section was terrible.

Honestly, DC itself could do a crossover between Goku and Ben (the two fighting to the death)

I remember the little crossover Ben 10 and the Justice League, I loved that.

Yep, as expected, downplaying dragon ball cosmology, not even going over all of it, they go over superman's resistances but don't go over goku's lmaooo. They use heroes goku to make it a more fair matchup but don't even use goku's best abilities, and don't even go over all of it. Not even his resistance to dark ki and the dark factor, and all the abilities of those, how those certain types of ki can overcome and still work on people who have resistances to those said abilities, like who researched this? They decided to just suck off superman for the entire thing and make him sound more impressive than goku who arguably can keep up or even exceed him in hax and abilities. The goku section was terrible.
Upgrade Superman to Outerversal and forget to add a tier for Goku

The battle was already decided before it began

It's not even like Ben Singer hated GVS 2 and wanted to make a fight that respected both characters

But Transformers will suffer even more in the next fight
I'm not really referring to GvS 2. GvS1 effectively has the same result. Superman is endlessly more powerful than Goku so Goku can't win. We REALLY didn't need a third take on that to just say the same thing, especially not when everyone and their mother has understood for the past 10 years that this is the result Death Battle believes in. And yeah, I do think Ben was farming for views. He handed out copium for gullible Dragon Ball fans to huff to convince them the result COULD be different (in reality Superman is still infinitely stronger and Goku never stood a chance).

We didn't want or need Goku losing to Superman three times in a row to get the message. Have Goku fight someone else. Have Superman fight someone else.

this shit was funny..
I'm not really referring to GvS 2. GvS1 effectively has the same result. Superman is endlessly more powerful than Goku so Goku can't win. We REALLY didn't need a third take on that to just say the same thing, especially not when everyone and their mother has understood for the past 10 years that this is the result Death Battle believes in. And yeah, I do think Ben was farming for views. He handed out copium for gullible Dragon Ball fans to huff to convince them the result COULD be different (in reality Superman is still infinitely stronger and Goku never stood a chance).

We didn't want or need Goku losing to Superman three times in a row to get the message. Have Goku fight someone else. Have Superman fight someone else.
Superman vs SCP-682

GVS 3 only exists because GVS 2 was a shit episode with a shit analysis and character portrait, it is the episode that Ben dislikes the most and he wanted to do a worthy sequel to GVS 1

If they really only wanted to make money they would have done something like Naruto VS Luffy

Dragon Ball by using the many worlds theory could obtain infinite timelines?

As Dragon Ball's official website states about Dragon Ball's time machine time travel

In Dragon Ball we are shown several boxes that can possibly have an infinite number of time rings.

In addition to informing us that there are a ton of worlds

"Dragon Ball by using the many worlds theory could obtain infinite timelines?"

The getting a researcher to analyze DBZ "Interview" (quotes are intended) stuff isn't accepted here

Dragon Ball by using the many worlds theory could obtain infinite timelines?

This is a professor talking about the origin of the idea of multiple universes/timelines, this don´t says nothing about DB following this theory in specific

In Dragon Ball we are shown several boxes that can possibly have an infinite number of time rings.

In addition to informing us that there are a ton of worlds

Without more information we can´t assume Infinite timelines

Superman didn't use his hax either tbh. But it was more to appeal to the casual audience.

No rando wants to watch Goku use Dimensional Domaain while Superman uses whatever bullshit Pre-Crsis hax he has lol
This. All of the SDBH stuff was there, but only in the background. You can most clearly see this in the Ultraguy Blogs—He literally created 98 of them to cover everything Goku (which includes stuff like Evol., CC, Xeno, Dokkan, etc.) and everything Superman (Pre Crisis, Post Crisis, Rebirth, etc.) And as the battle generally concludes, Goku DOES beat Superman. 90% of him. Just not the upper tier, higher echelon variations everyone puts him against.

The beautiful nature of knowing to speak english
Me one second after learn how to say "the book is on the table":

5ca.jpg

Like, to understand English so well, a person started when they were about 5 years old, English is very difficult, I'm studying and to this day I've only learned about numbers and colors ( the most basic)

Like, to understand English so well, a person started when they were about 5 years old, English is very difficult, I'm studying and to this day I've only learned about numbers and colors ( the most basic)
it isn't so difficult, when i started learning the basics i just started watching English content and then i sort of started to learn from that, associating what people in videos were saying based on the context of what i did understand, it really isn't as difficult as people make it to be

it isn't so difficult, when i started learning the basics i just started watching English content and then i sort of started to learn from that, associating what people in videos were saying based on the context of what i did understand, it really isn't as difficult as people make it to be
You know, I really love the English dub of Dragon Ball, it's really a work of art, I would like to learn at your level and I've played several games in English, But I never had the opportunity to learn.

Back