• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Let's be real, no one cares about most of Super
Of course, the average db fan will only care about hypefest, we just need to take a look at the Granola arc or even anything that the manga did, it has great arcs but they always get nitpicked and ******* on for nonsense reasons when they are doing new things instead of just reusing old shit. The average fan does not want the franchise to evolve, to try new things. I'm not saying Super doesn't reuse old things, but when it doesn't, it's treated as shit

Of course, the average db fan will only care about hypefest, we just need to take a look at the Granola arc or even anything that the manga did, it has great arcs but they always get nitpicked and ******* on for nonsense reasons when they are doing new things instead of just reusing old shit. The average fan does not want the franchise to evolve, to try new things. I'm not saying Super doesn't reuse old things, but when it doesn't, it's treated as shit

Opinion of an average Dragon Ball fan about the franchise
Dragon Ball:
No one cares
DBZ: Perfect
DBGT: Irrelevant
DBS: Irrelevant
DBH: Irrelevant
Every Single Movie: Irrelevant

What I Really Wanted to Be Canon

Dragon Ball Kakumei

If Kakumei was the canon everyone would hate him.

People only say it so well because it doesn't matter if it's bad, good or consistent with DB's writing style. Since it is not official, something canonical, we don't have the same critical sense.

People just look at extraordinary achievements on screen and say it's better than DB. But Kakumei were the canonical one, they would speak badly too.
-
-
-
DBS Checklist (Horrible - Bad - Ok - Good - Perfect)

B.O.G
: Ok

Ressurection of F Saga: Bad (maybe Horrible)

Universe 6 Saga: Ok

Goku Black Saga: Good

T.O.P: Good

DBS Broly Movie: Good

Moro Saga: Good, possibly Perfect

Granolah Saga: Ok (maybe bad)

DBS Super Hero: Ok (maybe Good)
My opinion is like this.

In terms of history, I thought some points like the black saga were cool.

In the powerscaling part (my ****** up nerd side) I found it bad along with some of Goku's actions.

But I can't say DBS didn't entertain me. Even the "fillers" that aren't fillers.

I don't think I'll ever feel as excited as the end of T.OP. and for that reason DBS (anime at least) will never drop from a 6 for me. Because if the anime already amuses me a lot (it entertains me), it doesn't deserve a rating below average.

Honestly I don't know how to describe my feelings to Dragon Ball Super, but if I had to use one word it would be...indifference to its existence. Like I'm not going to be biased against the positives of Dragon Ball Super because there are genuinely really solid moments of hype, fight choreography, and decent character development for what it did for some characters. But I don't know, I just don't find Super to be particularly special or anything more to it then just being fun to watch.

Am I making sense here? Because I am, and forever will be, a fan of Dragon Ball but I find my attitude to new canon stuff to be sheer apathy and indifference towards its continuous existence.

If the Kaioshins create several planets and lives, have you ever imagined that whoever created a Universe would have to be a being of the same race as the Kaioshins?

My opinion is like this.

In terms of history, I thought some points like the black saga were cool.

In the powerscaling part (my ****** up nerd side) I found it bad along with some of Goku's actions.

But I can't say DBS didn't entertain me. Even the "fillers" that aren't fillers.

I don't think I'll ever feel as excited as the end of T.OP. and for that reason DBS (anime at least) will never drop from a 6 for me. Because if the anime already amuses me a lot (it entertains me), it doesn't deserve a rating below average.
I agree with you

DBS cant be that Bad if IT Lacks everything that makes a Manga good, BE IT the flow or art.

On top of that any1 WHO knows shreds Sees that He still writes IT Like an Anime and Not Manga ... On top of that He got No assistance ...

My Boy toyo still Cracks the top 10-20 ...

Btw Been saying IT since day 1 that Toyo would fit better in webtoon since He could Go away with a Lot of stuff.

Yall Just Mad GT Fans

Small crt

Honestly........the high points of DBS are 9/10, there are a bunch of them, like the middle of the Black arc or the final episodes of the ToP

but then we have things like the Resurection F arc and the.....sigh ending of the Black arc.......honestly, tf where they thinking with the end of that arc? i hate it

Honestly........the high points of DBS are 9/10, there are a bunch of them, like the middle of the Black arc or the final episodes of the ToP

but then we have things like the Resurection F arc and the.....sigh ending of the Black arc.......honestly, tf where they thinking with the end of that arc? i hate it
Omega never disappoints me, you have good taste

Omega never disappoints me, you have good taste

sure-john-cena.gif

I'm not a GT fan, they're DBH fans

Just because he has greater powers
??? What does Heroes have to do with people on here, like me, expressing our issues or opinions on DBS? Because you can still like a franchise but have problems with parts of said franchise that you either don't like or feel indifferent to, not everyone is going to blindly consume every aspect of a series if it's something they don't like or find enjoyable.

A part of me thinks that the ending of the Goku Black arc being the way it is is likely a result of making an antagonist that's far too strong narratively speaking, like if Black and Zamasu hadn't fused into Fused Zamasu then I think Black would've won in the end because his power boosts and his increasingly devastating abilities were starting to overwhelm Vegeta and Goku. And of course Zamasu eventually became IZ and was so strong that they had to put in Zeno to finish the job since no one else could by that point...tis the result of making a far too powerful villain

To be honest, I like DBS a lot. It has a lot of problems, but honestly I genuinely do vibe with a lot of it.

Sure, it has its bad parts that have been mentioned before (though tbh I like some things that people here seem to hate regardless), but honestly its peaks are just out of this world. Episode 131 of the anime probably still has my favorite fight in the entire franchise with Goku, Freeza, and 17 vs Jiren.

Honestly, I also like the Moro and Granolah arcs in the manga. Unironically. That being said, monthly releases kinda dick them over a lot, but I enjoyed them a lot on a re-read (even if I also didn't dislike them when I was going around the first time).

It's definitely not as good as OG DB/Z, I'd be pretty blitzed out of my mind if I thought that myself, but I like it well enough.

That being said, I do need to rewatch GT subbed at some point. Not even just to find out which one I like more, but just to refresh myself on it. It's been over 10 years since I did so.

would i be one of the few people who think the battle of gods movie is one of the only modern db media that is as good as some of the highs of Z

Small crt
Judging from the Supreme Kai's comment about Buu's attack on the Kaioshin, Shin should be 5 million years old. Old Kai and Chroana (though the latter is DBH and Xenoverse only) are both 75 million years old (former also being sealed).

The 2009 Super Exciting Guide previously only mentioned 75,000 for regular Kais.

Back