• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yeah, it's these unnecessary changes and nerfs that Toyotaro makes that really piss me off.

Hit is also hilariously nerfed in the manga.
Toyotaro is werid when it comes to abilities. Like Zamasu regen, Jiren RPL and sealing, and Beerus Ui. He nerf the characters but I would have liked those abilities and others from the manga to be in the anime.

Or, if you take the actual explanation of the technique, he can stop time with the stored time that he saves up by skipping time. 2 separate things. Why would he have a 2nd ability about stopping time with saved up time from his ability to stop time?

Or, if you take the actual explanation of the technique, he can stop time with the stored time that he saves up by skipping time. 2 separate things. Why would he have a 2nd ability about stopping time with saved up time from his ability to stop time?
The actual explaination seems more to say he skip time, then store it, which cause time to stop for everyone because the time he skipped went to his dimension instead of passing normaly for the universe IMO.

Either way, it's undeniable that Hit's time skip result in time stopping one way or another, we directly see it and get a statement to confirm it.

Yes, allowing him to stop time with the time he stored from skipping it. It has the same visual effect as a time stop because that’s effectively what it would be, but moreso like King Crimson’s time erase. Others can still technically move, they just won’t be able to counter Hit since his attacks would be instant to them. He can additionally stop time with the time he stored, they aren’t the same thing. If he moves in the TIME STOP, then he can get resistance. If he moves in the TIME SKIP, then he can get whatever else comes with that.

Yes, allowing him to stop time with the time he stored from skipping it. It has the same visual effect as a time stop because that’s effectively what it would be, but moreso like King Crimson’s time erase. Others can still technically move, they just won’t be able to counter Hit since his attacks would be instant to them. He can additionally stop time with the time he stored, they aren’t the same thing. If he moves in the TIME STOP, then he can get resistance. If he moves in the TIME SKIP, then he can get whatever else comes with that.
I don't think you can technicaly move if there is no time there to pass, that's effectively still a time stop or a timeless void for all intent and purpose so either way, it's immeasurable speed or time stop resistance.

It’s a time stop effectively, but that’s not what the technique itself is. The thing he does with the time he skips is a time stop. That is all I was trying to say.

Yup the min Moro lands on Earth everything about him that made him different is gone. Element fighting, Passive Absorption, and brains lol.

him having a tansformation was unnecessary.

Actually now I think about it he didn't even need to step a foot on Earth to win.

The fact that there was almost a whole 2 pages just arguing over what Hit’s time skip actually is kinda proves to me that Super’s got some bs lmao

The fact that there was almost a whole 2 pages just arguing over what Hit’s time skip actually is kinda proves to me that Super’s got some bs lmao
Nah, I disagree, the previous argument was just bad faith nonsense. There are some stuff in DBS that's worth long argument like the whole time travel clusterfuck or the cosmology, hell even the characters themself could be debated at length but the Hit thing is kinda super obvious.

Passive to ray back to passive.

Even when it comes to ray we saw him reach out and drain another planet.
That was such a clusterfuck honestly. Also so much for 'magic', Moro didn't even use it.

Like he could have done some dragon quest moves or esoteric shit but nope, nothing new.

Nah, I disagree, the previous argument was just bad faith nonsense. There are some stuff in DBS that's worth long argument like the whole time travel clusterfuck or the cosmology, hell even the characters themself could be debated at length but the Hit thing is kinda super obvious.
Ah, I think my point about DBS having a good bit of BS still stands tho

lmao yeah. Was Goku Black having dozens of copies explained?
Nope, the whole shit with his scythe, weird dimensional cut and clones just got Black being like 'I don't even know what's happening anymore' and 'This dimension is made of my hate for mortals...I think. Maybe? I dunno' when Goku and co ask him. That's how random it was.

It made no sense for him to have that sort of ability from what his power set was before, but I'm going to be honest? It's really funny watching someone do something, something weird happens, and even they're like "Listen, I dunno what I just did, but this is cool".

Also at least it does show that there's some ability to affect space and time before Infinite Zamasu. Sure, that's the biggest stretch due to neither ability being anywhere NEAR each other, but hey. Baby steps.

Also, honestly, at least if they changed kid Trunks's hair, you could just say it's them trying to keep Trunks's and Bulma's hair color the same, as it should be, but the fact that they only went halfway is still really weird.

my dumbest complain, yet one that makes me sorta mad is... how despite Vegeta and Goku having different clothes from the Buu Arc, Vegito retains the same design.

Honestly, you're right and it is a dumb complaint, but I'd also have liked to see a different design considering Vegeta's armor. I'm not mad about it, just mildly disappointed.

Magic, like the fusion dance, the fact he has cloth at all is weird anyway.
yeah but with the fusion dance it's been established that they take the clothes from the Metamoran, meanwhile all Potara fusions have been shown to combine clothes... except for Vegito in DBS. Like atleast a slight redesign considering Vegeta's armor or something.

Hell, even Dragon Ball Heroes does it with CC Vegito and Xeno Vegito.

I like what it ended up allowing to happen with Freeza joining the Tournament of Power, he was a shining beacon in that arc, but yeah, Revival of F itself was not good.

I mean, atleast it had more of an impact storywise than the Black Saga. No joke, aside from a few mentions of Zamasu, nothing would be lost story-wise if you skipped the Black Saga. Like, it would have made more impact if the ending wasn't such a disaster, or atleast if Future Trunks stayed in the past given... all he truly fought for would be gone, and the other timeline would be everything that timeline's trunks fought for instead.

I don't like Frieza in TOP. Honestly I don't like Frieza in Super in general.

It's not like they couldn't give someone like Piccolo or Gohan more spotlight instead of Frieza power jumps clearly don't matter to the show so neither of Piccolo or Gohan would be a problem. Vegeta would also fill in.

@ZetaMarishi I mean tbh Frieza's one of the best parts of DB, like or hate him, IMO because he's just so devilishly evil and charismatic that you can't help but want to keep seeing more of him. Of course some might've prefered seeing either Cell or Future Trunks, but I think Frieza brought a new dynamic and in some ways was a massive help for U7

Back