• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

The normal Time Rings represent the main timeline.
Which is why they can only be used to travel into the future and back into the past, as "time flows in only one direction".

Green Time Rings are created when the past is rewritten, resulting in the creation of a parallel world. At the beginning of the "Future" Trunks Saga, there are four, representing the changes made to history by the Universe 12 Time Machine (as per the manga), Trunks traveling into the past to save Goku, a second Trunks traveling back to the future after retrieving the blueprints for the Shut Down Remote, and Cell traveling to the present after killing Trunks^2. By the end, a fifth is created after Trunks and Mai return further into the past of their timeline with Beerus and Whis.

Not necessarily.

There is Gowasu inserting the box of Time Rings into a storage unit surrounded by a countless number of additional storage units, implying the existence of countless additional Time Rings*, but nothing ever implies that every single storage unit seen contains a box of Time Rings.

As the Supreme Kai, this is likely the room where he files and stores his knowledge of the universe, which includes the box of Time Rings, rather than being dedicated exclusively to a myriad of boxes of Time Rings. Like how King Kai possesses

Record of the worlds is literally a singular book not a giant storage room.

Yes and the green timelines represent the timelines which have been created from that timeline, or in other words, the timelines that branch when someone time travels.
Green Time Rings are created when the past is rewritten, resulting in the creation of a parallel world. At the beginning of the "Future" Trunks Saga, there are four, representing the changes made to history by the Universe 12 Time Machine (as per the manga), Trunks traveling into the past to save Goku, a second Trunks traveling back to the future after retrieving the blueprints for the Shut Down Remote, and Cell traveling to the present after killing Trunks^2. By the end, a fifth is created after Trunks and Mai return further into the past of their timeline with Beerus and Whis.
yes
Not necessarily.
I mean yes, it was stated that there are tons of parallel worlds
There is Gowasu inserting the box of Time Rings into a storage unit surrounded by a countless number of additional storage units, implying the existence of countless additional Time Rings*, but nothing ever implies that every single storage unit seen contains a box of Time Rings.
who says its a storage unit? There isn't really anything to support that, on top of the fact that there are more timelines, like gt, and the movies, compiled with the fact that there are tons of other timelines. I find it far more consistent and logical, makes the most sense.
As the Supreme Kai, this is likely the room where he files and stores his knowledge of the universe, which includes the box of Time Rings, rather than being dedicated exclusively to a myriad of boxes of Time Rings. Like how King Kai possesses
Your interpretation i feel doesn't take precedence of the other one tbh

F2aFBILWUAAbvZE

Right here, "tons of different worlds" supported by the fact where the gowasu's room which is filled with time rings. And i think luffy also posted scans of there being other gray time rings, which represent different timelines. And actually, shin was traveling to other futures in the manga with a GRAY time ring, which shouldn't even be possible, so yeah it's blatantly implied there are many futures, along with the mountains of supporting evidence.

Can someone tell me what High 4-C First Form Resurrection F Frieza's Attack Potency calculation is? I can't find it

Last edited:
F2aFBILWUAAbvZE

Right here, "tons of different worlds" supported by the fact where the gowasu's room which is filled with time rings. And i think luffy also posted scans of there being other gray time rings, which represent different timelines. And actually, shin was traveling to other futures in the manga with a GRAY time ring, which shouldn't even be possible, so yeah it's blatantly implied there are many futures, along with the mountains of supporting evidence.
A supreme being like you is too much

Plus there's no other way to interpret what the room is without making baseless assumptions like "welll it could be this instead"
Besides the fact that Gowasu counts four Time Rings having increased from when he last looked four centuries prior?
Or are the four Time Rings repeated over and over? Representing the same four timelines?
Record of the worlds is literally a singular book not a giant storage room.
And King Kai is a normal Kai. Gowasu is a Supreme Kai.
who says its a storage unit?
The fact that they are filing cabinets.
The fact that Gowasu stores his things in there.
For you? I'll record the entire scene.

Don't say I've never done anything for you.

Anyway, the Pilaf Gang are responding to the knowledge that Trunks and Future Trunks from originate from two separate worlds.
hey, since when was pilaf an expert on the mechanics of time travel?

For you? I'll record the entire scene.

Don't say I've never done anything for you.

Anyway, the Pilaf Gang are responding to the knowledge that Trunks and Future Trunks from originate from two separate worlds.
hey, since when was pilaf an expert on the mechanics of time travel?

And exactly what does this prove? Theres still tons of timelines, its clearly what is being told to us. Regardless if pilaf was just responding or not, he is knowledgeable.

Yeah there seems to be heaps of time rings, but I don’t think there’s any MWI happening. Definitely still 2-B though.

And exactly what does this prove?
  1. The Pilaf Gang are reacting to the confirmation of two different worlds
  2. The Pilaf Gang are being speculative
Theres still tons of timelines, its clearly what is being told to us.
What is clearly told to the audience is that the green Time Rings represent alternate timelines, and there are only five.
Regardless if pilaf was just responding or not, he is knowledgeable.
No, he isn't.
The only knowledge he has is in mechanics and engineering.

The dbz universe is infinite? Can someone show me proof? I genuinely don't know. Last time I checked manga Goku's profile it said he was only 3-A and higher with transformations

Or, maybe Pilaf is knowledgeable in the mechanics of time travel and didn't just learn that alternate timelines exist.
Who knows? Shu was able to determine that Trunks was image training using the visage of Goku Black. The Pilaf Gang is full of surprises.

1. The Pilaf Gang are reacting to the confirmation of two different worlds
  2. The Pilaf Gang are being speculative
They then follow up with "tons" or "lots" of different worlds, that is what the narrative is telling us, and didn't pilaf explain time travel once? not sure if it was the anime or manga. And they are being speculative but nobody corrects them lol, and could be consistent with all the supporting evidence for 2-B cosmology
What is "clearly" shown is that the green Time Rings represent alternate timelines, and there are only five.
The green ones represent timelines that were branched from the main one while time traveling, the gray ones just represent other timelines that were not created from time travel. We even see multiple gray time rings in the manga iirc, traveling to different parallel worlds. When you brought up the point that you can only go forward and back in time.
No, he isn't.
He is.

The new chapter drafts could have some potential meat to them.
Trunks believes Piccolo would be struggling against Hedo's androids based on when he and Goten fought them, implying the Dinodroid could scale to Pre-Wish Piccolo who is 2-C and remember how Gohan couldn't tell who Piccolo was? Well now Goten and Trunks can't even detect where Piccolo is while he is using Orange. It's possible this is hinting that Gohan isn't that out of shape and it's just that Piccolo's Ki has changed, possibly to be divine.

They then follow up with "tons" or "lots" of different worlds, that is what the narrative is telling us, and didn't pilaf explain time travel once? not sure if it was the anime or manga. And they are being speculative but nobody corrects them lol, and could be consistent with all the supporting evidence for 2-B cosmology
Nobody corrects them because nobody cares. The Pilaf Gang are children.
The green ones represent timelines that were branched from the main one while time traveling, the gray ones just represent other timelines that were not created from time travel.

They represent timelines created when history is rewritten. Full stop. Quit with the extra semantics.
We even see multiple gray time rings in the manga iirc
The two rings are the rings that the East Supreme Kai and Gowasu carry when they travel to the future together.
Pilaf created this device, he clearly knows what hes talking about and his assertion was correct
In the manga, goofy. Did he make that shit in the anime?
Also, he didn't make anything. He altered the pre-existing frequencies of the Time Machine's parallel capacitor.

Back